Ben Humphreys update

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
Humphreys just texted me that he expects Brennan Carroll to be at his school (Mater Dei) this week. He is one of the top targets at the position.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
USC is the bigger threat than Stanford here.

if Stanford offers I would be shocked if he doesn't commit within two weeks.

Stanford is easily the biggest comp but they haven't offered yet

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement

When did we start taking the kids Stanford doesn't want or take their plan B and C?

When you recruit STUDENT athletes from private schools on the west coast who also have pretty good grades and ambitions beyond football. Not to mention, Stanford has been in multiple BCS games lately.

When did we start taking the kids Stanford doesn't want or take their plan B and C?

When you recruit STUDENT athletes from private schools on the west coast who also have pretty good grades and ambitions beyond football. Not to mention, Stanford has been in multiple BCS games lately.

I'm all for the STUDENT athletes and yes Stanford has been very successful, still doesn't explain why we aren't...

Frustration homie, that's all

You are looking at the situation too black and white.

First, humphreys is a double legacy and his sister goes to Stanford. Stanford knows they can target some other kids before him and still have a good chance to flip him. Most likely he commits on the spot or within two weeks of an offer, Stanford knows this. So they play a little waiting game.

It's also kind of like Braxton berrios. We waited too offer and I'm sure he got mad he didn't get one right away, but in the end Miami is where he wanted to go so he wasn't going to pick another school.

Also, we never offered Quincy Wilson but UF did. We never offered john battle but LSU did. UGA never offered juwon young but we did. See where I'm going?

Advertisement
Back