Ben Edwards update

bmorecane

Sophomore
Jacksonville (Fla.) Trinity Christian three-star safety Ben Edwards recaps his official visit to Notre Dame, explaining why he finds Notre Dame's football program appealing and what will factor into his final decision.

Notre Dame hosted senior three-star safety Ben Edwards of Jacksonville (Fla.) Trinity Christian on an official visit this past weekend.
"I got there around 11:30 a.m. on Saturday and grabbed some lunch before going to the player walk," Edwards said. "It was cool, I really liked it. They had a lot of fans out there, and they like their football, I can tell you that."
"After the walk, I spoke with the strength and conditioning coach and a few players," Edwards said. "I talked with Greg Bryant and a wide receiver named Corey (Holmes) from Florida, too. They said that Notre Dame was the place to come, the coaching staff treats them well and love their Florida boys, and they're not afraid to play you early."
Despite the less than ideal weather conditions, Edwards throughly enjoyed himself at the game.
"It was live," Edwards said. "The fans were wild, and I was sitting in the front row in the student section and they were crazy. It was cool."
The 6-foot, 195-pound safety had conversations with Notre Dame assistants Tony Alford, Kerry Cooks and Brian VanGorder.
"They were saying that they want me to come badly and that I would have the opportunity to play as early I wanted," Edwards said. "They think that I would be a great fit at Notre Dame."
Edwards also had a one-on-one meeting with Brian Kelly.
"He was telling me that their depth at safety isn't very good, so I could get some early playing time," Edwards said.
The former Auburn and Ohio State commit has also taken official visits to North Carolina and Stanford. Where do the Irish stand?
"It's Notre Dame and Stanford at the top," Edwards said. "Notre Dame definitely moved up. I like Notre Dame and Stanford a lot."
A potential visit to Ohio State is on the line for this upcoming weekend, and he'll likely take an official visit to UCLA in December. A decision could come soon thereafter. Miami and North Carolina are also in contention.
"I could decide as early as the end of December, or I may wait until January or even signing day," Edwards said. "I know that in-home visits happen around that time, and that will be important in my decision because I can sit down with my parents and really talk about everything after that. It's going to be the place where I feel most comfortable, really."
Edwards is a three-star prospect and is ranked as the No. 46 safety in the class of 2015.

Advertisement
A year ago at this time, people were talking about how loaded the 2015 in-state DB class was to justify only adding Ryan Mayes at CB.

Token has made it clear that Jaquan would be here regardless and doesn't care which staff is in place. Aside from him, we're going to strike out on every other top target (Irvin, SBB, Edwards, and an out-of-state stud in Lewis) or outright opt not to recruit certain guys right from our backyard (T. McFadden, Hoggins, Fenton, Redwine, etc.)

But thankfully we have a commitment from an obscure Golden/D'Onofrio/Williams camp find from SEC country without any SEC offers. We are so f*****.

A year ago at this time, people were talking about how loaded the 2015 in-state DB class was to justify only adding Ryan Mayes at CB.

Token has made it clear that Jaquan would be here regardless and doesn't care which staff is in place. Aside from him, we're going to strike out on every other top target (Irvin, SBB, Edwards, and an out-of-state stud in Lewis) or outright opt not to recruit certain guys right from our backyard (T. McFadden, Hoggins, Fenton, Redwine, etc.)

But thankfully we have a commitment from an obscure Golden/D'Onofrio/Williams camp find from SEC country without any SEC offers. We are so f*****.

Not to mention, the kid from Alabama peaked with the Thriller album.

Advertisement

Don't forget the two Davis boys don't seem likely at the moment either.

You have to try hard to fail like this recruiting DBs in SoFla.

Where is the lewis and irvin stuff not coming here, come from? According to pete we are in good shape, i am ****ed about davante davis that kid is a beast, not too impressed with carlton davis

Im curious to see what happens with SBB, bama has oter safeties committed, wanna see how it plays out, still dont know why hoggins doesnt have a offer, the kid has earned one with his play

I swear our db coach is like 5'5 with the voice of Ariande Grande dude doesnt fit with south Florida kids at all. We need a need some new position.coach since if golden is here no frio is herei

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back