Below, At or Above Talent Level

rsa coral gables

Malentendido
Premium
For a decade and a half we have played at or below our talent level on a consistent basis. This is due in large part to poor coaching, poor schemes.
With last year's new offensive coaching staff and essentially a new defensive coaching staff this year, the number one thing I am looking for this year is whether the team will play below, at or above their talent level. I think we'll see in spurts.

Thoughts?

Advertisement
For a decade and a half we have played at or below our talent level on a consistent basis. This is due in large part to poor coaching, poor schemes.
With last year's new offensive coaching staff and essentially a new defensive coaching staff this year, the number one thing I am looking for this year is whether the team will play below, at or above their talent level. I think we'll see in spurts.

Thoughts?

Yes.

-Fin

Sincerely,

Det. Holmes

Advertisement

Thoughts?
We haven’t been as talented as we lead ourselves to believe..QB rooms have been trash, depth unbalanced and relied way too much on younger players even tho they were talented..and yea coaching and scheme played a part. But the biggest issue Imo was culture. Which my previous points all effect

Another part, we as a fanbase don’t respect the fact that the talent and developmental gap between us and our main rivals in the coastal was not as big as we tend to think

I think people over blown out talent that's the issue. I think we will play to our talent level imo. I think we always have besides the Doritos defensive scheme

Another part, we as a fanbase don’t respect the fact that the talent and developmental gap between us and our main rivals in the coastal was not as big as we tend to think
Who are our main rivals in the Coastal? I'd think everyone is aware that we're the most talented team in the division, our coaching just doesn't add up.

Advertisement
The last 15 years have left me a little shell-shocked, that and the O-line recruiting, coaching, development, that rarely even approached the level OP describes. Because teams go the way their O-lines play. If you've never played the position, I realize its a concept that's so very hard to consider, let alone, grasp.

**** near after every season I don't feel our record matches our talent.

I Dont Know What To Think GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

At is the ceiling. Talent plays like its coached - its about getting the most out of that talent, training, study, practice and all the other intangibles that can be taught and nurtured.

We haven’t been as talented as we lead ourselves to believe..QB rooms have been trash, depth unbalanced and relied way too much on younger players even tho they were talented..and yea coaching and scheme played a part. But the biggest issue Imo was culture. Which my previous points all effect
I dont think we've " led ourselves to believe" anything unreasonable.

Majority of us know we aren't at the level of the Bamas and Clemsons.

The Georgia Techs and Dukes we have absolutely recruited better than.

The only reason those games have been close is because of bad coaching,schematics, and personnel placement

Advertisement
We’re going to play at a higher and more consistent level than we have in over a decade. We’re loaded and we are going to fvck everyone up. []_[]

I think people over blown out talent that's the issue. I think we will play to our talent level imo. I think we always have besides the Doritos defensive scheme
We haven’t had top level talent but most years the draft says we are a top 10 team when our records says we are fringe top 25

We haven’t had top level talent but most years the draft says we are a top 10 team when our records says we are fringe top 25
What good players we send to the league like perennial pro bowlers? Other teams get alot of guys drafted too just like us it's just lower level talent. Top ten teams have multiple first rounders year after year.

Advertisement
This is the reason many of us were excited about Golden. Here was a guy who did more with less. It didn't translate though for myriad reasons we don't need to rehash.. But yes it would be nice to finally play to our talent level.

What good players we send to the league like perennial pro bowlers? Other teams get alot of guys drafted too just like us it's just lower level talent. Top ten teams have multiple first rounders year after year.
First thing I said is that we haven’t had the top line talent but we are consistently in the top 10 of schools with the most draft picks. Not enough to be elite but plenty good to dominate the Coastal and win more than one bowl game in 15 years…

This is the reason many of us were excited about Golden. Here was a guy who did more with less. It didn't translate though for myriad reasons we don't need to rehash.. But yes it would be nice to finally play to our talent level.
It’s funny cause dude ended up doing less with more here. Golden had some talent on those squads.

So sick of seeing us come out flat and wasting a quarter or sometimes a half of football. This has happened far too much under Diaz. Needs to change this year in order for this team to win 10+ games.

Advertisement
Back