Belle Glade - The Muck

My buddy is from there and he told me that crime and drugs are simply taking over. Kids that used to play football are now selling dope. He said the young thugs are taking over the communities. Adults are essentially being held hostage. They don't say anything to the kids and can't reprimand them cause they're wild and people are scared.

There's still talent in the area but I think it's clearly fallen off. It ain't what it used to be.

Yes. I lived there for a while before getting the heck out. It is becoming increasingly foreign migrant with larger numbers of people from Central America not exactly football followers. Kind of like the transition that began in the Labelle area earlier.

There are still some good WRs and DBs in the lake area.

2018--Wellestey Madurie.... Clewiston.....WR/CB..speedster rea near national elite 100m--10.87 (eliet 10.80) and 200m 22.04 (elite 22.00)
Wellestey Madurie - Hudl

2019....Clewiston.... JA'MARKIS Weston..WR/S..big 6-3/190 and fast..last year a 100m in 11.22
Ja'Markis Weston - Hudl

2018...Jajuan Cherry....5-9/185...Okeechobee...good 100m sprinter and very physical - reminds me of Bandy
Jajuan Cherry - Hudl

2020...LaTarie Kinsler----DE----6-4/200 ..Pahokee..already explosive and physical..wonder how long he stays as the others mentioned above? This kid will be well below the national elite (22.00) at this distance in the future.
Mid-season.! LK 30! - LaTarie Kinsler highlights - Hudl

56th Annual Fort Myers Edison Relays..3/10/17

1....200m.... Jamarkis Weston.... 10.... Clewiston HS.... 22.57.... -1.3 (head wind)

Equated to a 22.45 200m without wind and kid is only a 10th grader at 6-3 and 190..BIG WR and safety he now plays.

Ja'Markis Weston a very talented 6-3/190 WR/DB formerly from Clewiston is now running track for Palm Beach Central-

He won today the Palm Beach Beach West Division in the 400m--49.47 national elite time and 200m into a strong head wind 22.71. Kid is the same size, very talented, and faster than Kevin Austin from North Broward Prep.

Advertisement
This is incredible seeing as how he was walking across the clewiston campus yesterday and lifting in our weight room last night

Advertisement
Back