Belle Glade - The Muck

smh, muck kids not only belong, they accel. Ricky Jackson, Kelvin, Louis Oliver, Boldin, man remember the team with Wayne Messam, Fred Taylor, and Reidell Anthony at Central? 70 points every friday.

Advertisement
My buddy is from there and he told me that crime and drugs are simply taking over. Kids that used to play football are now selling dope. He said the young thugs are taking over the communities. Adults are essentially being held hostage. They don't say anything to the kids and can't reprimand them cause they're wild and people are scared.

There's still talent in the area but I think it's clearly fallen off. It ain't what it used to be.

That's a sad commentary on our society as a country.

Seriously... What's a Muck thread on CIS without [MENTION=230]I'm james Jackson brother[/MENTION]?

smh, muck kids not only belong, they accel. Ricky Jackson, Kelvin, Louis Oliver, Boldin, man remember the team with Wayne Messam, Fred Taylor, and Reidell Anthony at Central? 70 points every friday.
Travis Benjamin from there too

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Advertisement

That team had James Jackson too. They got sent home by Lake Wales in the semis.

Lake Wales was beaten by Bolles that year in the State Championship. Receivers dropped 3-4 bombs running wide open in that game. The LW QB was Chad Barnhart, he went to USF (also had a 70 yd TD run against Glades Central in that semi game, I was shocked they couldn't catch him).

Fred Taylor was a SR and could not be stopped, but the GC coach quit feeding him in the second half. Reidell Anthony caught a TD and jumped the fence to sit in the stands lol.

There's a documentary on Netflix by James Patterson about "The Muck" called Murder of a Small Town. Its based around the story of the black football player that killed a white store owner in the community. It also follows Glades Central football team for a season... the documentary pretty much sums everything everyone else here has said about the area. Drug, crime, and poverty. Whats crazy is less then 10 miles is the beaches and multi-millionaires

I'll have to check that out.

Belle Glade isn't 10 minutes from the ocean. It's closer to an hour than it is 10 minutes. Its 20 to 25 from Wellington which Is 25 minutes from the ocean with the absolute best of traffic. Typically it would be a 30 minute trip at least.

There's a documentary on Netflix by James Patterson about "The Muck" called Murder of a Small Town. Its based around the story of the black football player that killed a white store owner in the community. It also follows Glades Central football team for a season... the documentary pretty much sums everything everyone else here has said about the area. Drug, crime, and poverty. Whats crazy is less then 10 miles is the beaches and multi-millionaires

Way more than 10 miles from the beach...

Oops, tired....minutes / miles, but yes....more than 10 miles as well.

Advertisement
Correct. I live in Wellington. I live a mile from the high school. Wish I would of went and seen Ahmonn play while he was there.

My buddy is from there and he told me that crime and drugs are simply taking over. Kids that used to play football are now selling dope. He said the young thugs are taking over the communities. Adults are essentially being held hostage. They don't say anything to the kids and can't reprimand them cause they're wild and people are scared.

There's still talent in the area but I think it's clearly fallen off. It ain't what it used to be.

Still plenty of talent in the Muck area but it's been a slow change that way for years and the economy accelerated it. Most middle income families have moved to Okeechobee, Royal Palm, and Wellington accelerating it even more. And a lot of those that moved were leaders, mentors, donors, etc. so it just keeps falling more and more every year. And this has led to more and more crime/drugs like you mentioned. Palm Beach County and the State pumped tons of money into Belle Glade the last decade otherwise it would be an absolute disaster (even more so) right now honestly.

Still plenty of talent in the Muck area but it's been a slow change that way for years and the economy accelerated it. Most middle income families have moved to Okeechobee, Royal Palm, and Wellington accelerating it even more. And a lot of those that moved were leaders, mentors, donors, etc. so it just keeps falling more and more every year. And this has led to more and more crime/drugs like you mentioned. Palm Beach County and the State pumped tons of money into Belle Glade the last decade otherwise it would be an absolute disaster (even more so) right now honestly.

So they got the pavers sidewalks and blue light posts like Immokalee?

Blackman was a good prospect last year but it is clear that the number of kids getting D1 schollys out of the area has gone way down.

Advertisement
A lot of the kids from belle glade end up moving during high school. To places like West Palm, Orlando, Fort Meyers. there's absolutely nothing there.

Yes. I lived there for a while before getting the heck out. It is becoming increasingly foreign migrant with larger numbers of people from Central America not exactly football followers. Kind of like the transition that began in the Labelle area earlier.

There are still some good WRs and DBs in the lake area.

2018--Wellestey Madurie.... Clewiston.....WR/CB..speedster rea near national elite 100m--10.87 (eliet 10.80) and 200m 22.04 (elite 22.00)
Wellestey Madurie - Hudl

2019....Clewiston.... JA'MARKIS Weston..WR/S..big 6-3/190 and fast..last year a 100m in 11.22
Ja'Markis Weston - Hudl

2018...Jajuan Cherry....5-9/185...Okeechobee...good 100m sprinter and very physical - reminds me of Bandy
Jajuan Cherry - Hudl

2020...LaTarie Kinsler----DE----6-4/200 ..Pahokee..already explosive and physical..wonder how long he stays as the others mentioned above? This kid will be well below the national elite (22.00) at this distance in the future.
Mid-season.! LK 30! - LaTarie Kinsler highlights - Hudl

56th Annual Fort Myers Edison Relays..3/10/17

1....200m.... Jamarkis Weston.... 10.... Clewiston HS.... 22.57.... -1.3 (head wind)

Equated to a 22.45 200m without wind and kid is only a 10th grader at 6-3 and 190..BIG WR and safety he now plays.

Yes. I lived there for a while before getting the heck out. It is becoming increasingly foreign migrant with larger numbers of people from Central America not exactly football followers. Kind of like the transition that began in the Labelle area earlier.

2018--Wellestey Madurie.... Clewiston.....WR/CB..speedster rea near national elite 100m--10.87 (eliet 10.80) and 200m 22.04 (elite 22.00)
Wellestey Madurie - Hudl

2019....Clewiston.... JA'MARKIS Weston..WR/S..big 6-3/190 and fast..last year a 100m in 11.22
Ja'Markis Weston - Hudl

2018...Jajuan Cherry....5-9/185...Okeechobee...good 100m sprinter and very physical - reminds me of Bandy
Jajuan Cherry - Hudl

2020...LaTarie Kinsler----DE----6-4/200 ..Pahokee..already explosive and physical..wonder how long he stays as the others mentioned above? This kid will be well below the national elite (22.00) at this distance in the future.

1....200m.... Jamarkis Weston.... 10.... Clewiston HS.... 22.57.... -1.3 (head wind)

Equated to a 22.45 200m without wind and kid is only a 10th grader at 6-3 and 190..BIG WR and safety he now plays.

This kid also lines up as an OLB. He is 6-3 adn 190 already will probably be 200 this coming year and 215 as a senior. OLB possibility with incredible speed for the position.

Advertisement

Wellestey Madurie - Hudl

Ja'Markis Weston - Hudl

Jajuan Cherry - Hudl

Guy is going to be a real speedster for sure and his game film show a guy on defense that can attack downhill.

Oops, tired....minutes / miles, but yes....more than 10 miles as well.

More like 50 miles to the beach. It's 35 miles west on southern just to get thru the fields.

Wellestey Madurie - Hudl

Ja'Markis Weston - Hudl

Jajuan Cherry - Hudl

Guy is going to be a real speedster for sure and his game film show a guy on defense that can attack downhill.

He is a great young man as well. Family has raised him very well. Excellent addition to any locker room. I've never had him in my office for anything. Would make a great CANE

A lot of those kids parent worked for US Sugar and since it was forced to sell by the US government for water restoration. It's been slowly down sizing. A lot of those families have moved on to different industries and movement closer to coast as many have mentioned and some have even followed the sugar cane industry up to Louisiana. So to go the kids and athletes.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Another victory for the environmentalists. Jobs and people don't matter to them. Never see any of them saying we should throw out a few million people who have moved here from other countries, or all those yankees, to save the Glades. What about all the population growth in central FL? All that crap flows downstream. Shut down Disney and stop people from moving in up there from other state and Puerto Rico to help save the Glades and restore normal flow. I am all in on reclaiming FL's natural state, but about 10 million people will need to move out.

Advertisement
Back