Beleaguered UM coaches Al Golden, Mark D’Onofrio get support

Duke is definitely not supporting them...his comments (and body language) say that he agrees with the former players, but can't say anything for fear of being reprimanded. It's a sad situation. We have a coach who is stubborn and clueless that puts the blame on the players and makes them feel badly about themselves. Can't you guys sense the frustration and disappointment? What else can they do with Al at the helm?

Advertisement
I want to see new coaches, but some of our defensive players have low football IQs.
Now this the part of recruiting that is undervalued. You can be a great athlete but if you can't process what is happening in front of you, your going to be late to react. I believe the biggest failure of our recruiting is not properly evaluating a players actual football smarts. That is a failure that starts at the top.

Honestly the kids arent going to say anything bad about the coaches, a lot of them dont want to hurt their draft stock or get suspended, none of their comments surprise me, but its obvious they have lost duke

I want to see new coaches, but some of our defensive players have low football IQs.
Now this the part of recruiting that is undervalued. You can be a great athlete but if you can't process what is happening in front of you, your going to be late to react. I believe the biggest failure of our recruiting is not properly evaluating a players actual football smarts. That is a failure that starts at the top.

True, but the problem isn't the players...Perryman has great instincts, but when he is playing safety and has a center coming at him every play, what is he going to do?

Advertisement
If DP actually feels that way, shouldn't he bench himself? I mean he was lined up like 12 yards deep on 3rd downs every time I looked. If that is his fault he should not be playing. I don't blame to players for defending their coaches. They have to do that. Duke walked the middle I thought. He didn't not say the former player were right or wrong but that he can't control that they think or say. I will say one think though, even if Al is right and this is all and execution problem, after 4 years, isn't that still HIS fault. Four years and your seniors and juniors can't execute your beloved defense then your coaching still sucks and sucks bad. Either way it is indeed on you, Al. Now man up, take the responsibility, confess that you can't do the job and quit NOW.

Advertisement
As someone stated earlier, players defended Shannon and Coker. ****, UF players defended Zook and you had Auburn players defending Chizik. It means absolutely nothing. The bottom line is that even if the scheme isn't the problem (which we all know it is), then it's still on the coaching staff because they cannot get the kids that they recruited/wanted to perform at a high level. It's a lose lose no matter how Al Golden wants people to look at it.

And oh yeah, Golden is a **** fool. Those guys were consistently lined 12 (and not 10) yards back. The fact that he made that mistake is even more damning.

I counted the yards. On a short yardage tight formation, our safeties were lined up 15 yards away from the running back!

Also, look at the 2009/2011 highlights. The mlb in those games was lined up 5 yards from the LoS while DP has been lining up 7 yards. It's like we're moving away from the LOs when we need to be doing the opposite. Makes no sense. Look at what VT does against rushing downs. Night and day.

I counted the yards. On a short yardage tight formation, our safeties were lined up 15 yards away from the running back!

Also, look at the 2009/2011 highlights. The mlb in those games was lined up 5 yards from the LoS while DP has been lining up 7 yards. It's like we're moving away from the LOs when we need to be doing the opposite. Makes no sense. Look at what VT does against rushing downs. Night and day.

I stopped watching the replay (and then erased it...can't handle it play after play) about mid 2nd quarter. Got so sick of seeing the backside LB get trapped in the slush, Perryman and DBs making the tackle 7, 12, 17 yards downfield. Totally nuts.

“Im just here to play football".

That says it all. You don't have my back, I don't have yours.

Advertisement

I stopped watching the replay (and then erased it...can't handle it play after play) about mid 2nd quarter. Got so sick of seeing the backside LB get trapped in the slush, Perryman and DBs making the tackle 7, 12, 17 yards downfield. Totally nuts.

Reminded me of OSU-Navy this year. They played it similar and Navy ran for almost 400 yards. Only difference was Navy turned it over, missed a field goal and OSU scored on almost every possession in the 2nd half.

First one to speak publicly will see their draft stock drop faster than bowling ball. You don't talk bad about your HC.

It didn't stop Tyson Chandler from ripping Mike Woodson a new *******.. Only in p.u.s.s.y. football can a coach not be held accountable. I'm literally at the point where I'm going to stop watching Miami and just f it to college football. Have we become such a PC world folks cannot see what is going on here. Al Golden sucks and it's clearly obvious he will not get better coaching here. We lose Duke, Denzel, Chick, Flowers, Feliciano, Dorsett, and Walford after this year. You think we're gonna be better next year..

First one to speak publicly will see their draft stock drop faster than bowling ball. You don't talk bad about your HC.

It didn't stop Tyson Chandler from ripping Mike Woodson a new *******.. Only in p.u.s.s.y. football can a coach not be held accountable. I'm literally at the point where I'm going to stop watching Miami and just f it to college football. Have we become such a PC world folks cannot see what is going on here. Al Golden sucks and it's clearly obvious he will not get better coaching here. We lose Duke, Denzel, Chick, Flowers, Feliciano, Dorsett, and Walford after this year. You think we're gonna be better next year..

Big difference between a pro athlete getting paid and a amateur college kid looking to get paid. It reflets badly on you to lead a mutiny when the people trying to draft you will be worried you might do the same if you dont get your way. They can't do it.

Advertisement
So you're telling me Earl Moore had a black jersey for a good portion of fall camp and now this dude is being redshirted ...Lmao I'm done

“Im just here to play football".

That says it all. You don't have my back, I don't have yours.

That's gotta be a tense meeting room over the next three or four days. Players just going through the motions.
Who thinks we lose to Cincy

Al golden is the worse head coach you can imagine. He's going to go down as the woat at miami.

“Everybody knows the playbook,” Perryman said. “Last time when we lost against Nebraska, I just feel like guys wanted to do too much. Like I said, it just comes down to execution, man.”

I can't wait for Perryman's quotes next year when he gets to the NFL. "Man, I didn't know ****"

Advertisement
Back