Being Realistic

Its more rare and tougher now way tougher butch was a beast at it probably better then Saban at evals

There are still lots and lots of misses every year. They've gotten better, but recruiting rankings is still nothing close to an exact science. Way too many H.S. players across the country for all the recruiting "gurus" to legitimately rank.

Advertisement
We recruited like crap last year. If we recruit like crap this year as well, then you can throw Manny in the bin together with Shannon, Golden, and Richt.

You can’t have two years in a row of garbage recruiting at Miami and expect to compete at a high level

I think alot of people here have pretty much hit the nail on the head.

I will just add that Manny needs to do evals with kids who are hungry and determined to be their best. Maybe I could say Shaq Q, or a few other teamates someone can think of.

On O and on D, a team full of dudes that just want to bust some tail. All game. And really every practice. Just intensity, hard work, and drive. Again and again, and again.

And get a QB with this mentality, plus skillset of course.

I wrote this on the recruiting site in response to a fan that think we can't beat out the bag!! Beating the bag is just a a copout!! And denial of the real fact that we are nothing today and most are living in the (knocking the cobweb off) PAST!!

You think Clemson paying? Or is it that these kids want to play for a Championship team get drafted and care for their future?? Clemson is getting more 5 star recruits than any team in history this year. I don't think it has anything to do with the bag!! Just to remind you they just won the NCG and been in the talks just about every year in the past 10 yrs! The bag is out there for teams that need to cheat! But Clemson is turning down 4 and 5 star kids! Like I said, we need to stop being surprised that we are losing out on these kids when our recent history to most of them are getting our *** kicked by Pitt, Virginia, having an OF that can't get out of it's own way, kicking game that can't average 10 yards and etc........

We are living in the past if we think these recruits should just take our scharliships when these kids today can't remember when we even won a bowl game!! I know some of you don't want to hear this, but we are no where on the radar (we are crap! just to put it nicely)) in comparison to Bama, Clemson, LSU etc....and don't stand a chance with the cheaters when they brake out the bag!

Manny is smart enough to know that this year will be the greatest challenge of his life is to win at all cost! He knows these kids deep down in their heart don't want to leave SFL! He know's that he need to show these kids that he can get them to the next level, and that's being drafted in the NFL! Until all of this happen we better get use to losing out on kids that don't care about how a bunch of heart broken fans feel!!

The bags are obviously being dropped by Clemson. Its not the only reason they are getting players, but dropping bags is obviously playing a factor.

Advertisement
Back