Before the Season Began, This Was a 6-7 Win Team

Advertisement
Expectations can go **** itself when opportunity knocks.

The door was wide open to being an 8-win team. That kind of momentum and goodwill could have done wonders for us. Instead, this crushing loss just cost us at least 5k, probably more, in attendance vs USF. There will be literally nobody there. Expect a sleepwalk performance and perhaps a soul-destroying loss. Thanks Dorito and Bronzen.

A-*******-men

But that's not the point.

We're 5-5 right now, with two close losses and three close wins.

Sure, we could be 7-3, but we could just as easily be 3-7.

Instead, we're 5-5, and likely to finish 6-6, which is right where we are as a program.

We'll beat USF next week, people will start talking about a 7-win season and some momentum, and then we'll lose to Duke.

6-6. Self-impose. Continue to build toward the future and a BCS bowl in 2014.

Instead, we're 5-5, and likely to finish 6-6, which is right where we are as a program.

We'll beat USF next week, people will start talking about a 7-win season and some momentum, and then we'll lose to Duke.

we aren't building towards ****. You don't lose to UVa in the middle of a conf championship hunt if you're a good coach, period. End of ******* story.

Expectations can go **** itself when opportunity knocks.

The door was wide open to being an 8-win team. That kind of momentum and goodwill could have done wonders for us. Instead, this crushing loss just cost us at least 5k, probably more, in attendance vs USF. There will be literally nobody there. Expect a sleepwalk performance and perhaps a soul-destroying loss. Thanks Dorito and Bronzen.

All of this.

Advertisement
^So losing our three best defensive players had nothing to do with the defense taking a step back this week again?

we aren't building towards ****. You don't lose to UVa in the middle of a conf championship hunt if you're a good coach, period. End of ****ing story.

Happens all the time in CFB, bud. Even with teams that have more talent than we have.

^So losing our three best defensive players had nothing to do with the defense taking a step back this week again?

sure it does. But there is a difference in a step back and being completely unprepared. UVa is a **** team. The qb looked all-acc today. at one point he ws 19-20 passing the ball. they went 9-14 on 3rd down. We had 2 different leads in the 4th and had 87 yards and a touchdown between us and victory. the way we lost is unacceptable.

Advertisement
Something has changed.

Today is increased evidence that, when push comes to shove, our coaches will go with the "standard operating procedure." The standard operating procedure approach gets you incremental progress. Next time we're in the exact or similar situation to what we saw today, we'll do better. However, if we're ever hoping to be dominant again and make a Championship run, we'll have to face uncertain or ambiguous situations and succeed. There has been some minor evidence of that this season. When it's added altogether, though, I see more of the former (basic, standard approach) than the latter (being able to improvise and adjust).

In short, we know more now than we did before the season and some of it is data that concerns me.

Honestly? I don't give a flying **** about that at all. We're playing a dog**** 2-6 UVA team. This isn't Oregon or Kansas State, for ****'s sake.

It's Dorito's job to figure out a way to slow them down. It's why we ******* pay him. And when we needed him to make something happen, he unbuckled his pants and dropped a huge steamer on everybody. Well that's cool and all, but I'm kinda tired of getting hot turds dropped on my head for 2 entire seasons. Enough is enough. Fire this ******* guy.
Agree with everything you have said so far in this thread.

I'd really like to defend someone in this thread, but I can't total siht coaching job today and a crushing loss…again.
My feelings now are Golden is really suspect and needs to prove otherwise. Duke and Morris have great days…and we still lose.
Where does it end? All this program does at this point is siht the bed at the most important times, year after year after year.
My donations are done as are my six season tix until I see at leas some shred of progress.
I'm protesting the hard way.

we aren't building towards ****. You don't lose to UVa in the middle of a conf championship hunt if you're a good coach, period. End of ****ing story.

You do when you're an average 6-win team.

UVA has beat us what, 3 in a row and 4 of the last 5?

I don't know why anyone thought this was going to be an easy win. We are not good enough for any game to be an easy win.

Advertisement

Can I get a shot of Tequilla with that shot of reality? Thanks, I feel better now.

Honestly? I don't give a flying **** about that at all. We're playing a dog**** 2-6 UVA team. This isn't Oregon or Kansas State, for ****'s sake.

It's Dorito's job to figure out a way to slow them down. It's why we ****ing pay him. And when we needed him to make something happen, he unbuckled his pants and dropped a huge steamer on everybody. Well that's cool and all, but I'm kinda tired of getting hot turds dropped on my head for 2 entire seasons. Enough is enough. Fire this ****ing guy.
Agree with everything you have said so far in this thread.

DCF has that killer insticnt. We need that from our DC.

I don't know why anyone thought this was going to be an easy win. We are not good enough for any game to be an easy win.

are you understanding what you're typing? We lost to Virginia for the 3rd year in a row. In what universe is this acceptable at Miami? And the way we lost....**** poor playcalling and decision making.

Advertisement

Who said this was going to be an easy win? We expected a tussle, but to lose it in the manner we did is just ridiculous and serves as a microcosm for everything that's been pathetic about the defense for going on 2 years now.

Making Michael ******* Rocco look like Joe Montana is a fireable offense, anyway. Kick rocks, Dorito.

If we're firing coordinators, then Fisch can join him.

6-and-out at the end of a shootout with the game on the line.

BTW I don't think either guy should get canned.

Something has changed.

Today is increased evidence that, when push comes to shove, our coaches will go with the "standard operating procedure." The standard operating procedure approach gets you incremental progress. Next time we're in the exact or similar situation to what we saw today, we'll do better. However, if we're ever hoping to be dominant again and make a Championship run, we'll have to face uncertain or ambiguous situations and succeed. There has been some minor evidence of that this season. When it's added altogether, though, I see more of the former (basic, standard approach) than the latter (being able to improvise and adjust).

In short, we know more now than we did before the season and some of it is data that concerns me.

You may be correct, or you may be reading too much into one data set.

On the second to last series, we actually did try to be aggressive and get a first down, it was just ****-poor play-calling and/or execution.

On the last drive, I had no problem with the first down run. I might even be ok with the second down run (judging the decision, not the result, which was of course a 3-yard loss). 3rd down was inexcusable, indefensible, incomprehensible, etc.

But is that it? Is that one play enough to re-evaluate everything? I agree it's definitely another data point, just not sure how much emphasis it deserves.

Advertisement
Back