Been saying for awhile, Mark Stoops

Advertisement
While the record is poor, he is at Kentucky and the SEC West. Year one, 2 wins. Year two, 5 wins. And year three he will make a bowl game. In Kentucky, which is in all basketball school, that is one helluva an accomplishment.

The other aspect is he knows the culture at UM as a former DB's coach at The U. He's been the DC at FSU. The man knows what it takes to beat FSU and he knows the recruiting battles in Florida...

For those of you that keep dreaming about Butch, good luck as it will never happen.

Needs to be our next HC!!

What has he accomplished?

He is 9-17 at Kentucky

Was at the game last night, South Carolina isn't as good as they were last year even. (7-6) Don't think this Kentucky win was anything special. In fact, was Al coaching them last night. 24-7 lead, and then second half that reminded me of some of Al's work. No thanks, not yet.

Not sure he would come, but I'd much rather have David Cutcliffe here. Great X's and O's guy, and a true program manager. But from what I understand he is content at Duke.

Advertisement
Not sure he would come, but I'd much rather have David Cutcliffe here. Great X's and O's guy, and a true program manager. But from what I understand he is content at Duke.

Cutcliffe is to Duke football what Larranaga is to UM hoops.
I think both coaches are on their last jobs.

I'll take Bob Stoops damnit see what he doing with devante bond who was supposed to be here.... thats how Owens aqm Chad & McCord should be used

Bob Stoops hasn't done **** since when we were relevant. He is in the Big 12 where Oklahoma and Texas should run things. Now he is a third class citizen behind Baylor and TCU. He has been mediocre the last 10 years. No thanks, not worth the price.

I ask one question, why would Mark Stoopes come to the U after being a coach in a program that's rising in the SEC? Our program is sinking just like the Titanic and the distress signals are not being heard by this administration.

I'll take Bob Stoops damnit see what he doing with devante bond who was supposed to be here.... thats how Owens aqm Chad & McCord should be used

Bob Stoops hasn't done **** since when we were relevant. He is in the Big 12 where Oklahoma and Texas should run things. Now he is a third class citizen behind Baylor and TCU. He has been mediocre the last 10 years. No thanks, not worth the price.

Compare his last 10 years to UM last 10 years...
Compare the talent he's had to the talent we had the last 10 years
It's not like Oklahoma is in the middle of Dallas or Houston it's in Norman buddy & he has his boys competing every season.

Since 2005 he's had 7 seasons of 10 or more wins 3 seasons with 8 wins. The **** you talking bout. He'd kill it here.

Advertisement

Not only that he has the QB camp and gets to live in the Triangle. He also gets all the really smart players and Duke people are happy if he wins the Coastal - after all it's all about Basketball at Duke.

He is 9-17 at Kentucky

Record means little when finding a great candidate because of differing situation. You need to look at style of play.

If record was the key factor we never hire Jimmy Johnson or Dennis Erickson

I've been a fan of Mark Stoops, I think he would kill it here. He knows the area and has already built a great D with Florida athletes (FSU).

Pre-Stoops 2009: 108th
2010: 42nd
2011: 4th
2012: 2nd

He's a defensive coach who isn't conservative offensively.

He is 9-17 at Kentucky

Record means little when finding a great candidate because of differing situation. You need to look at style of play.

I've been a fan of Mark Stoops, I think he would kill it here. He knows the area and has already built a great D with Florida athletes (FSU).

That's the problem. Different folks THINKING some coach would kill it here.

Butch Davis WOULD kill it here. No thinking involved. No guessing.

Advertisement

Last time Cunntsniff changed jobs he had a heart attack and almost died. He's content at Duke being the guy everyone loves for winning 8 or 9 games.

He is 9-17 at Kentucky

How about his defenses at Kentucky?

Advertisement
Kentucky was as good as they are now when they had a big QB, I forget his name, but his nickname was the Battleship or some such.

We could do worse, but I'm not sure he'd be a surefire homerun hit.

OP is a dimwit or a troll who wants to inflict more misery on UM fans.

LOL. If that pudgy little *******'s name was Frank Swoops and not Fredo Stoops no one would be talking about him. All he's done is improve the talent level at Kentucky. They flopped like Bill Laimbeer last year.

coaching in acc with the fertile south florida recruiting ground or competing in the sec at kentucky? its a no brainer .

Kentucky was as good as they are now when they had a big QB, I forget his name, but his nickname was the Battleship or some such.

We could do worse, but I'm not sure he'd be a surefire homerun hit.

image.jpg

Advertisement
Back