Been pestering

Advertisement
It doesn’t matter if it goes wrong to these people, that’s all they seem to care about. This is Miami politics

I'll say it again, they are going to look EVEN MORE INCOMPETENT than they've looked for the last two decades if Bro Style turns them down and stays in Nike town.

They'll have put all their eggs in one basket, and then walked down the dairy aisle breaking all the other eggs.

There isn't one positive thing Nunez has done during his tenure as AD at one of the worst athletic programs in the country. His football team has regressed under his leadership to a tune of 13-42. But you say he's not a football guy, purely basketball then? Ok, let's see how the program has done since his arrival:

2021: 6-16 (2-15 conference)
2020: 19-14 (7-11 conference)
2019: 14-18 (7-11 conference)
2018: 19-15 (12-6 conference)
2017: 17-14 (10-8 conference)

Really impressive stuff, certainly qualified for a P5 AD. But wait, he worked at LSU right....yep, right during the time where football players were out doing whatever they wanted to whomever they wanted if you catch my drift.

So here lies a lame duck AD who has more baggage from his time at LSU than Jurich or Lane combined, and his sports teams suck, even the one that is supposed to be his baby child. Little Pitino off to a riveting start in bball for them as well in 2021-2022, heck they only lost by 15 to Towson on Friday. Towson does that to everyone bro.

If you think this is a hire deemed worthy for the University of Miami...maybe it is at this point. Because he is a garbage candidate, and this is a University that deserves garbage.

Advertisement
"A"s hire "A"s, and "B"s hire "C"s.

Nunez is another "Miami guy", who has spent a grand total of 5 years (two during covid) as an AD of a fourth-tier program. The other names are all insiders. Nothing against former players, but none have adequate experience for the role (how'd the Ed Reed hire work out?). What a disgrace!

If these rumors are true, I'm genuinely ashamed of my family's affiliation with UM. The highest levels of leadership appear to be filling positions based on family ties, loyalty and cronyism, not merit. It's being run like a Banana Republic, not an institution.

There isn't one positive thing Nunez has done during his tenure as AD at one of the worst athletic programs in the country. His football team has regressed under his leadership to a tune of 13-42. But you say he's not a football guy, purely basketball then? Ok, let's see how the program has done since his arrival:

2021: 6-16 (2-15 conference)
2020: 19-14 (7-11 conference)
2019: 14-18 (7-11 conference)
2018: 19-15 (12-6 conference)
2017: 17-14 (10-8 conference)

Really impressive stuff, certainly qualified for a P5 AD. But wait, he worked at LSU right....yep, right during the time where football players were out doing whatever they wanted to whomever they wanted if you catch my drift.

So here lies a lame duck AD who has more baggage from his time at LSU than Jurich or Lane combined, and his sports teams suck, even the one that is supposed to be his baby child. Little Pitino off to a riveting start in bball for them as well in 2021-2022, heck they only lost by 15 to Towson on Friday. Towson does that to everyone bro.

If you think this is a hire deemed worthy for the University of Miami...maybe it is at this point. Because he is a garbage candidate, and this is a University that deserves garbage.

Jurich should have slipped an ñ into his name on his resume

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Wasn’t he there when there team got rid of a shot for brains coach, COMPLETELY REDID ALLLLL of there facilities and started to dominate again in all three sports?

I remember two Miami area RBs tearing it up out of state around this time

Sedrick Irvin - Mich St
Troy Davis - Iowa St

In the grand scheme, who gives a fvck who the AD is?? WHO ARE THE COACHES GOING TO BE??

I think the AD at UF is pretty well respected. If someone with a similar resume was hired here, you’d all be banging pots and pans on bird road. But that dude just hired Billy Napier while a team he plays every year hired Brian Kelly for eleventy billion dollars. Again, who is the coach? And which coaches are being hired by that coach?

If it’s Nunez, great. Who gives a ****? He doesn’t call plays. Who is he hiring to coach the football team? Is it Nunez and Mario? Sign me up. Is it Nunez and some “up and coming” budget hire, a la what we’ve done for 20 years? Well then all this BS commitment to the program talk is just that. BS. And shoot me in the ******* face.

Who cares about the leader of the athletic program? That is one **** of a bad take.

Advertisement
Back