Beatdowns in 2017

I read an article that said we were favored to win all of our games except for the FSU game. My predicition is that FSU will lose to Bama and we will beat FSU this year. Once that happens watch how quickly the narrative will be that the pre-season #2 rated team in the country isn't that good. The media will try and spin it against us one way or another. If N'kosi can manage the game, not make too many freshman mistakes, scramble a few times for critical first downs, we are getting the win. Then all the slapnuts in state and north of us will be put on notice....... the window of opporunity has closed and you will no longer be benefitting from Donna's alligator arms when it came time to pay a legit coach and staff. This staff knows what they are doing. It's about to go down ladies and gentlemen.

Advertisement
I'm from the Gator Rebhan/Buddy Stevens football school. Run it up every chance you get. It's not our job to stop our own team from scoring. Sharks don't quit eating just because they've had enough to survive.

I'm from the Gator Rebhan/Buddy Stevens football school. Run it up every chance you get. It's not our job to stop our own team from scoring. Sharks don't quit eating just because they've had enough to survive.

This. Unfortunately, CMR is too conservative and won't run it up. Jimmy Jonhnson had the dog in him.

I want to get a nice lead and then get backups in and continuing running our normal offense. if the backups continue to score, so be it. but that is the JJ way. but, you have to get your back ups playing time while letting them run the same plays.

with that said, yeah, at the end of the season, I don't care if every game, even the easy games, we win by 1 point. at the end of the season, we'd be undefeated and that's all I care about.

Ask any fan -- any real fan -- and they'll tell you it don't matter if you win by an inch or a mile. Winning is winning.

Don't matter? So you were satisfied with beating Nebraska in OT by 3 points after leading 27-3 in the 3rd quarter?

Yeah, if we win every game like that, we will be the champs. Can't believe this is even a discussion.

Guys I took a quote from Fast and Furious and swapped out "racer" for "fan" to make everybody laugh.
giphy.gif

Advertisement
Ask any fan -- any real fan -- and they'll tell you it don't matter if you win by an inch or a mile. Winning is winning.

You're absolutely right BUT... Say we have an undefeated season in which we played BCU, Toledo and Arkansas state and won by a total of 10 points between those 3 games. Do you think we get the playoff nod over a 1 loss team with a much tougher schedule?

On one hand, that would drive me nuts.
On the other, beating FSU a second time in the ACCCG would make that showing against those teams a distant memory.
An undefeated ACC team would not be left out of the CFB Playoff.
We've lost 2 Natty's to teams that "just won" without impressing.

Advertisement
Back