Beatdowns in 2017

Ask any fan -- any real fan -- and they'll tell you it don't matter if you win by an inch or a mile. Winning is winning.

You're absolutely right BUT... Say we have an undefeated season in which we played BCU, Toledo and Arkansas state and won by a total of 10 points between those 3 games. Do you think we get the playoff nod over a 1 loss team with a much tougher schedule?

Yes

Advertisement
Ask any fan -- any real fan -- and they'll tell you it don't matter if you win by an inch or a mile. Winning is winning.

Don't matter? So you were satisfied with beating Nebraska in OT by 3 points after leading 27-3 in the 3rd quarter?

Yeah, if we win every game like that, we will be the champs. Can't believe this is even a discussion.

Guys I took a quote from Fast and Furious and swapped out "racer" for "fan" to make everybody laugh.

Do you want to win big....sure everyone does, but you'd also like to know how your guys respond in a tight game when things aren't going their way.

Look at 02' Ohio State the year they "stole" the title from us. Look at the scores of these games:

Vs Cincinnati 23-19
Vs Northwestern 27-16
Vs Wisconsion 19-14
Vs Penn State 13-7
Vs Purdue 10-6
Vs Illinois 23-16 in OT
Vs Michigan 14-9

They only blew out Kent St and San Jose St

That team stuck out to me because all season they were eeking out games but it didn't matter cause at the end they were in the national title game. It shouldn't have been close vs them we should have blown them out.

Last edited:
Canes Win by little or by big I don't care. 12-0 or 11-1. Defense carries us early then Perry and the offensive weapons takes over late. This is going to be fun year. OLine has to step up and Dee and Dean have to step up as Dbs going to need them.

Advertisement
Agree with the OP on wanting beatdowns of course but by what method which he wasn't clear on?

Beatdown by having our starters in throughout and risk injuries?

Second n third string come in which improves depth by experience? But then lead may shorten or become closer than what the finalscore suggests?

I think our guys could use the experience and risk the chance of blowing a team out... Which Il believe Richt will do

Don't matter? So you were satisfied with beating Nebraska in OT by 3 points after leading 27-3 in the 3rd quarter?

Yeah, if we win every game like that, we will be the champs. Can't believe this is even a discussion.

Guys I took a quote from Fast and Furious and swapped out "racer" for "fan" to make everybody laugh.

There's nothing funny about mocking TFATF. Nothing at all.

There's nothing funny about mocking TFATF. Nothing at all.

If your posts aren't out of control, you're not in control.

I just want to discuss the topic of winning by large margins. I dont want us to be conservative. I want us to win by 30+ every game if we can. Im not sure if CMR is the type of coach who will wanna run it up but I would really like to see us make statements on the scoreboard showing that certain teams shouldnt even be on the field with us. What do you guys think?

We think you shouldn't start threads.

Advertisement
I just want to discuss the topic of winning by large margins. I dont want us to be conservative. I want us to win by 30+ every game if we can. Im not sure if CMR is the type of coach who will wanna run it up but I would really like to see us make statements on the scoreboard showing that certain teams shouldnt even be on the field with us. What do you guys think?

I think u should remove sack from mouth

I used to want to blow out everyone, and apart of me still do, but I would much rather secure the W. However, against inferior teams and any team from the SEC we play, absolutely I want a blow out. I want every SEC slurping news outlet to just run through the score w/o showing any highlights b/c they are so embarrassed by the final margin.

I think u should remove sack from mouth

I think you should have more creative comebacks. Are you 12?

Don't care, just win! I want us to secure a victory as fast as possible and then get our backups valuable game experience. We have a young team this year and, outside of our DL and LB group we need our guys to grow up fast. This year it's about winning the ACC. Next year, we take the world back ! And we're gonna need players to log quality playing time now to prepare them for next year. Secure the victory and then get the youngins in.

Advertisement

I don't think he will. Once he gets to a comfortable margin put backups in and let them get some burn. If they can't stop the backups oh well.

Now there is 1 team i think he would run it up on and we will see them in 2019

I'm in total agreement with the exceptions of Notre Dame-FSU-UNC-and Pitt..

Do you want to win big....sure everyone does, but you'd also like to know how your guys respond in a tight game when things aren't going their way.

Look at 02' Ohio State the year they "stole" the title from us. Look at the scores of these games:

Vs Cincinnati 23-19
Vs Northwestern 27-16
Vs Wisconsion 19-14
Vs Penn State 13-7
Vs Purdue 10-6
Vs Illinois 23-16 in OT
Vs Michigan 14-9

They only blew out Kent St and San Jose St

That team stuck out to me because all season they were eeking out games but it didn't matter cause at the end they were in the national title game. It shouldn't have been close vs them we should have blown them out.

The ref's stole this game from us..Each was handed a replica national trophy in the OSU locker room after the conclusion of the game..

Winning is winning regardless of the margin. However, doing so in dominant fashion will do great things for us going forward. I expect Richt to keep his foot on the gas for the most part. I don't think he will be pulling guys unless we are up 35 in the 4th. At that point he should get others game reps and experience. We didn't really hold back last year and I don't think we will this year either. With that said, I don't think you will see is slinging it all over the place with a new QB. I think he will call plays based on feel, game conditions, etc to put his QB in the best situation possible. I just don't want bubble screen after bubble screen. Give me RB screens, seem routes with the TEs, slants/posts. I want to utilize the middle of the field so that it opens up the running game and makes Def Coord hesitant to bring LBs and DBs on blitzes. If the OL improves like many expect IMO the rest if gravy and will fall into place.

Advertisement
We are going to be lead by our defense while we break in a freshman QB.

Teams lead by defense normally don't have a lot of 30-40 point wins..

As AL Davis said " just win baby"...... everything else will take care of itself.

Advertisement
Back