Beatdowns in 2017

Theedy50

Redshirt Freshman
I just want to discuss the topic of winning by large margins. I dont want us to be conservative. I want us to win by 30+ every game if we can. Im not sure if CMR is the type of coach who will wanna run it up but I would really like to see us make statements on the scoreboard showing that certain teams shouldnt even be on the field with us. What do you guys think?

Advertisement
I just want to discuss the topic of winning by large margins. I dont want us to be conservative. I want us to win by 30+ every game if we can. Im not sure if CMR is the type of coach who will wanna run it up but I would really like to see us make statements on the scoreboard showing that certain teams shouldnt even be on the field with us. What do you guys think?

I don't think he will. Once he gets to a comfortable margin put backups in and let them get some burn. If they can't stop the backups oh well.

Now there is 1 team i think he would run it up on and we will see them in 2019

Just win. Miami isn't there yet too get too picky about how much we win by.

Not being picky just have higher expectations especially since we're back on the rise. Would it be nice to beat FSU by 30? **** yes but thats not likely. Im satisfied with any winning score there but BCU, Toledo, Arkansas State I would like to see us give them a significant whooping as I feel we should

Advertisement
Richt does not strike me as cut throat enough to keep the foot on the gas when it isnt necessary. I don't think he would make a statement with a blowout against anyone, even Georgia if he got the opportunity. And I am not counting games against lower tier teams in this for anyone about to mention some game vs akron or some ****.

I have not looked at the stats to back this statement up whatsoever.

Our defensive line depth should help with larger margins.

Ask any fan -- any real fan -- and they'll tell you it don't matter if you win by an inch or a mile. Winning is winning.

Advertisement
Ask any fan -- any real fan -- and they'll tell you it don't matter if you win by an inch or a mile. Winning is winning.

Don't matter? So you were satisfied with beating Nebraska in OT by 3 points after leading 27-3 in the 3rd quarter?

Ask the Atlanta Falcons what "keeping the foot on the gas" did for them?

Sometimes, the smart football play is running the ball, not running it up.

You're absolutely right BUT... Say we have an undefeated season in which we played BCU, Toledo and Arkansas state and won by a total of 10 points between those 3 games. Do you think we get the playoff nod over a 1 loss team with a much tougher schedule?

Advertisement
Ask the Atlanta Falcons what "keeping the foot on the gas" did for them?

Sometimes, the smart football play is running the ball, not running it up.

Thats a bit different. For one Atlanta was up against Tom Brady and u cant give that guy a glimpse of hope. Secondly, Atlanta was in FG range and passed the ball. That was just stupidity

Don't matter? So you were satisfied with beating Nebraska in OT by 3 points after leading 27-3 in the 3rd quarter?

Yeah, if we win every game like that, we will be the champs. Can't believe this is even a discussion.

Everybody likes to be on the right end of a good blowout. That said, it's not about being cutthroat, a good coach uses a big lead as a way to get backups some PT. I'd rather see more dudes get on the field than see an even bigger win.

Obviously the fsu game is different...foot stays on the gas until the team hits the locker room.

Advertisement

Yeah, if we win every game like that, we will be the champs. Can't believe this is even a discussion.

I'm convinced...no way I'm a real fan for getting ****ed that my team blew a 23 point lead against a non-elite team. I'd be satisfied winning a championship like that, but not to a lesser team. Just like we clown UF for going to OT with FAU, it is definitely a discussion on whether or not you would be happy about going to overtime with Bethune on Game 1 of the year we expect our team to win 10 games.

Also, keep in mind the OP is asking if we should "play the score" and do what we have to do to win comfortably, or if we should keep pressing the sticks. Not if you're ok with winning a close game or not.

Not being picky just have higher expectations especially since we're back on the rise. Would it be nice to beat FSU by 30? **** yes but thats not likely. Im satisfied with any winning score there but BCU, Toledo, Arkansas State I would like to see us give them a significant whooping as I feel we should

We beat a Pitt team that beat Clemson 51-28.

Advertisement
Back