Beat VT and we win the Coastal

I don't think any of our fans would say we are a good team. We are getting close but not there yet. Win at least 6, take our medicine (self impose regardless if we win the coastal), and move on. Let's put this **** to bed (assuming the NCAA doesn't murder us) and put it to rest.

Advertisement
It's post-season ban. If they win out, do they self-impose themselves out of the ACCCG?

I would self impose. I would hate to have us REALLY make a run next year and not be able to play is a BCS game. We will be good enough to win the ACC next year and I think we will. FSU's whole 2 deep is seniors lol. We gonna tap that in Tally next year and I will be there.

We are not beating VT. Just beat Duke (easier said than done), Uva, and USF then self impose.

Advertisement
We are not beating VT. Just beat Duke (easier said than done), Uva, and USF then self impose.

Why? VT is not good. This is VT team was blown out by a horrible Pitt, by UNC, lost to Cincy. Just because we're not great doesn't mean other teams are better than us. VT is no better than NC State.

Why, dare I ask, would we self impose again? As long as sanctions are being announced after seasons end, there's no guarantee that the NCAA wouldn't tack on another. They follow no ******* chart of punishment.

They don't say "****, you guys took two years of postseason bans, that's good enough." There's no guarantee that taking another would do anything at all.

In fact, going by how young our team is, how much the extra practices would pay off and how nice it would be to have some sort of positive going forward, I have to say that, barring some inside information on the University's part, giving ourselves another post season ban, especially if we are in the hunt for the division, would be idiotic.

That's a really good point. Are those extra practices > a year of bowl eligibility later on (assuming we get another year)?

I don't feel confident about a single game left on the schedule. Every one is a legit toss up with this team.

Advertisement
We need to win out in the ACC and i'm just not confident we're going to do that at this point. Can we do it? Sure. We may beat v tech at home but then lose to Duke away so it's not going to come down to one game. It's going to come down to all 3 games left on the ACC schedule

Advertisement
We could end the season 6-6 & still win the coastal. Can anyone imagine us playing for the ACC Championship as a 5-7 team? Looking at the remaining schedules, it's possible. I know it doesn't sound feasible, but it could happen.

UCLA was 6-6 and played in the Pac whatever the flick they're called championship game last year.

Advertisement
We could easily lose the next four games. We're not a good team.

We can also get lucky and win all four.

I'll consider this season a success if we beat VT. I hate them.

There is no reason we shouldn't win the next 4.

Just win the **** games and lets play FSU again.

If we don't win the Coastal this year we've completely failed.

There is no reason we shouldn't win the next 4.

Just win the **** games and lets play FSU again.

If we don't win the Coastal this year we've completely failed.

Have you watched our last 3 games?

There's no reason we should win any of the next four.

UCLA was 6-6 and played in the Pac whatever the flick they're called championship game last year.

A great illustration of what is wrong with college football. UCLA finishes 6-8 after losing the Pac-12 and a bowl game.

This is a great lesson about the value of résumés. Just imagine reading "He guided his team to a berth in the Pac-12 championship game and a post season bowl game". Nowhere will it be mentioned they finished 6-8. Just something to think about.

Advertisement
Back