Bear says on Gameday...

They fear giving Miami any positive press.. also fear that some of the GameDay signs will call them out...
If they do stroll down next week...Banner worthy?

Advertisement
What is with the incessant whining about the media, including searching for slights even where they don’t exist?!?

Fans no matter who they support are in general unhinged

There is disparate treatment and coverage.

Florida kids are involved in a credit card scheme involving 10-15% of the football team, and while it's covered initially, the story disappears. And no talk of any NCAA investigation, despite reports that the school did not initially cooperate with the authorities (and knew Scarlett was involved but DoD not say anything).

Alabama had a kid shot outside a club this year and it was barely a blip on the radar. But Miami is full of murderers, thugs, and criminals.

UNC is determined to have participated in the worst cheating scandal is NCAA history, involving fake classes, but there are no penalties.

This morning, e$pn is discussing strength of schedule of Miami and Wisconsin as holding us back in the eyes of the playoff committee. Meanwhile, in the land of facts, our strength of schedule is ranked nowhere near Wisconsin's. So why the false narrative?

I look at it this way.if game day comes it means we took care of business tonight.Then if they all pick Notre Dump we get a chance to shove it up their **** shoots.

So do I care if game day comes? Yep. I want them to come because it means we won tonight and that the hate we are starting to get again means we are relevant again and CFB is starting to get scared again that the U Is back from the dead.

Advertisement
What is with the incessant whining about the media, including searching for slights even where they don’t exist?!?

Florida kids are involved in a credit card scheme involving 10-15% of the football team, and while it's covered initially, the story disappears. And no talk of any NCAA investigation, despite reports that the school did not initially cooperate with the authorities (and knew Scarlett was involved but DoD not say anything).

Alabama had a kid shot outside a club this year and it was barely a blip on the radar. But Miami is full of murderers, thugs, and criminals.

UNC is determined to have participated in the worst cheating scandal is NCAA history, involving fake classes, but there are no penalties.

This morning, e$pn is discussing strength of schedule of Miami and Wisconsin as holding us back in the eyes of the playoff committee. Meanwhile, in the land of facts, our strength of schedule is ranked nowhere near Wisconsin's. So why the false narrative?

You’re conflating the media with the NCAA. The NCAA is universally and rightfully viewed as hypocritical, incompetent, unfair, and arbitrary.

If we had soundly beaten the teams so far instead of repeatedly winning by the thinnest of margins then we’d be ranked much higher and receive far more media adulation. The UNC win was particularly bad, given how awful and injury depleted they are.

Additionally, the past decade plus of consistent failure has finally caught up with us. 7-10 years ago we were ranked far higher at the beginning of seasons than we finished. Year-in and year-out failing to meet expectations naturally lowers the expectations. It doesn’t mean the media are biased against us.

ESPN produced 2 documentaries about Miami, 1 about Notre Dame and 1 (racist pile of ****) documentary about the 1988 Miami/Notre Dame game.

There's absolutely no way they pass if both teams win today. ESPN knows where their bread is buttered.

They may hate us, but they like money.

Go Canes!

"Where are we going next week? It's not Miami because no one expects them to win"

So don't expect gameday next week win or lose.

Now return to VT gameday

You realize the Bear is an alum and worked for our athletic department right? Brock's right, that was total sarcasm.
And he still talked trash while picking Syracuse to beat Miami. Fuuk him

Last edited:
Advertisement

You’re conflating the media with the NCAA. The NCAA is universally and rightfully viewed as hypocritical, incompetent, unfair, and arbitrary.

If we had soundly beaten the teams so far instead of repeatedly winning by the thinnest of margins then we’d be ranked much higher and receive far more media adulation. The UNC win was particularly bad, given how awful and injury depleted they are.

Additionally, the past decade plus of consistent failure has finally caught up with us. 7-10 years ago we were ranked far higher at the beginning of seasons than we finished. Year-in and year-out failing to meet expectations naturally lowers the expectations. It doesn’t mean the media are biased against us.

Nothing is being conflated, please re-read my first sentence. My position is we are treated differently (by the NCAA) and covered differently (by certain media outlets). Nor do I disagree with anything you wrote in your last two paragraphs. That being said, if Finebaum and Sportscenter want to rant about dominating your opponent, I would counter there is something to be said for perseverance, but their point would be well taken. But when the narrative is that our strength of schedule is like Wisconsin's, when that is objectively false, I have to question where that comes from.

Maybe I am off here, but when we beat VT today, I expect the story tomorrow will be as much (or more) about how VT was underrated than how good Miami is. Our recent performances the past decade haven't helped us in this regard, but I think we're just everyone's favorite bad guy. Which is fine, I wouldn't have it any other way.

Herbc*nt and Pollock were making fun of Miami and you saw Bear start to get ****ed and sarcastic if you look at his face and tone of voice

F*ck them I hope they come cause you know they will all pick Notre dame especially that geriatric f*ck Corso except maybe Desmond and when they do I hope our crowd pelts them with sh*t

That's probably why they're afraid to come.

Just mail or FedEx them the ****.

(Why does my dumb autocorrect turn **** into shot? Doesn't it know **** is a legitimate word in its own right?)

Canes live on havin' enemies. We're at our best when the when the whole world hates us. It's a Canes thing..
you might not understand. Whole new generation of young wannabe Canes fans need to learn tradition.

Nothing is being conflated, please re-read my first sentence. My position is we are treated differently (by the NCAA) and covered differently (by certain media outlets). Nor do I disagree with anything you wrote in your last two paragraphs. That being said, if Finebaum and Sportscenter want to rant about dominating your opponent, I would counter there is something to be said for perseverance, but their point would be well taken. But when the narrative is that our strength of schedule is like Wisconsin's, when that is objectively false, I have to question where that comes from.

Maybe I am off here, but when we beat VT today, I expect the story tomorrow will be as much (or more) about how VT was underrated than how good Miami is. Our recent performances the past decade haven't helped us in this regard, but I think we're just everyone's favorite bad guy. Which is fine, I wouldn't have it any other way.

You mean how VT was overrated. Media will always find excuse...cognitive dissonance.

Fake news...biased media.

Advertisement

Canes live on havin' enemies. We're at our best when the when the whole world hates us. It's a Canes thing..
you might not understand. Whole new generation of young wannabe Canes fans need to learn tradition.

I’m not new generation or young. Been a Canes fan since New Year’s Day 1984.

Advertisement
Back