Be Smart, Mike Rumph and leave Miami right now. Richt **** on you!

The Svengali

Sophomore
Richt promoted Simpson to Associated HC with only 1 year experience, Patke to co-DC after only 1 year removed from being a GA and Banda to Co-DC with 3 years experience - the same as Rumph. I can give Simpson a pass because he was a successful HS coach for a very long time and cut his teeth with the Falcons for a year, but Banda and Patke??? The optics here are terrible.

Richt put all three guys on the fast track to become head coaches, while Rumph will remain a lowly position coach, even though he’s had arguably the best performing unit since this staff came onboard 3 years ago.

How in the world can Richt look Rumph in the face after a move like this? I know Rumph is all Cane, but he needs to be selfish and leave. He’s got to do it. There is no way in **** I’d stay at Miami if a HC did that to me.

This stunt Richt pulled is a prime example why you see very few African American coaches in college football. African American coaches toil in obscurity as position coaches for years, while other guys move into coordinator roles and eventually move in to become HC’s. All I know is the optics here look really, really bad. And I know for a fact I’m not the only person thinking it.

Let this sink in: Patke was a GA a year ago, and now Rumph (former AA, former NFL player, and arguably the best coach in the team 3 years running) must report to him????? Wow, wow, wow.

Rumph, please leave Miami and take care of you.

Advertisement
How do you know that he's the best, most knowledgeable guy on the defensive staff? Just because his CB's play relatively well? The ****? LOL

Do you know if he knows anything about defensive fronts? Run fits? Blitz games?

Do you even know if he has the same defensive philology as Diaz/Banda?

Advertisement
How do you know that he's the best, most knowledgeable guy on the defensive staff? Just because his CB's play relatively well? The ****? LOL

Speak the truth!

what proof do we have that Banda and Patke do? We can at least assume it with Rumph and Jess because they both called plays even though it was high school level. Patke and Banda haven’t.

what proof do we have that Banda and Patke do? We can at least assume it with Rumph and Jess because they both called plays even though it was high school level. Patke and Banda haven’t.

It’s like you guys want there to be drama or hard feelings when there is no indication there is any. Maybe Rumph wasn’t interested in being DC. Maybe he got a big *** raise too.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Banda has been with Diaz at previous stops. That's his boy. I guarantee he knows the defense better than Rumph.

And what plays did Rumph call?
He wasn't calling **** at Heritage.

None. Because we’re fans and have never been in one defensive meeting. However, Manny and Richt both want these guys so maybe they know more than us 🤷🏽‍♂️

Richt promoted Simpson to Associated HC with only 1 year experience, Patke to co-DC after only 1 year removed from being a GA and Banda to Co-DC with 3 years experience - the same as Rumph. I can give Simpson a pass because he was a successful HS coach for a very long time and cut his teeth with the Falcons for a year, but Banda and Patke??? The optics here are terrible.

Richt put all three guys on the fast track to become head coaches, while Rumph will remain a lowly position coach, even though he’s had arguably the best performing unit since this staff came onboard 3 years ago.

How in the world can Richt look Rumph in the face after a move like this? I know Rumph is all Cane, but he needs to be selfish and leave. He’s got to do it. There is no way in **** I’d stay at Miami if a HC did that to me.

This stunt Richt pulled is a prime example why you see very few African American coaches in college football. African American coaches toil in obscurity as position coaches for years, while other guys move into coordinator roles and eventually move in to become HC’s. All I know is the optics here look really, really bad. And I know for a fact I’m not the only person thinking it.

Let this sink in: Patke was a GA a year ago, and now Rumph (former AA, former NFL player, and arguably the best coach in the team 3 years running) must report to him????? Wow, wow, wow.

I don't think it's a great move or hire either...But has nothing to do with Rumph.

Some guys are meant to be coordinators, others position coaches...It's really quite simple. Richt wants Diaz's system...Banda and Patke despite being young are Diaz guys. Richt is with these coaches all season long, maybe he knows Rumph is more of a cornerback technique teacher than a defensive play caller in the making? You dudes will find anything to bytch about...And like I said, not thrilled with hire either.

Advertisement
I don't agree with everything you stated, but there is truth at the core of this post. Rumph has a more impressive resume than anyone on the staff outside of Richt. Can Rumph improve recruiting, yes he can. But outside of his recruiting woes Rumph is a very good, dare I say great on-field coach. Respect isn't shown by kind words, it's shown by status and pay grade. For Richt to not increase Rumph's pay at minimum after promoting three coaches on the defensive staff is disrespectful. I wouldn't be surprised if this is Rumph's last year in Gables. I would feel some type of way if I was Rumph. Just being honest and objective on the point made.

If Richt elevated Banda & a guy like Patke who was only a quality control analyst just last year, that should tell all you need to know.

Some of you guys are going to have to come to terms with the fact that Rumph might be regarded as a good CB coach, but that's where it stops. I'm not bashing him or talking down on him at all, but there's a disconnect between how some of yall think of him & the reality of how everybody else views him.

I like him a lot, great guy & true cane, but some of yall gotta stop being delusional.

Go play in the streets you troll!

OP fails to realize that Rumph actually has MORE job security today than Banda and Patke. IF this ship does truly start to sink then those two will be first assistants to serve as sacrificial lambs as Rick scrambles to save his own **** as they'll be the easiest of scapegoats if the D slips precipitously. Rumph will be protected from his separation of involvement in the playcalling/scheming and will have the performance of his unit under Diaz as proof of his "excellence".

Oh and we also don't even know anything about salary structure. All these guys could be making roughly the same now.

Advertisement
Back