Be Smart, Mike Rumph and leave Miami right now. Richt **** on you!

Advertisement
I don't agree with everything you stated, but there is truth at the core of this post. Rumph has a more impressive resume than anyone on the staff outside of Richt. Can Rumph improve recruiting, yes he can. But outside of his recruiting woes Rumph is a very good, dare I say great on-field coach. Respect isn't shown by kind words, it's shown by status and pay grade. For Richt to not increase Rumph's pay at minimum after promoting three coaches on the defensive staff is disrespectful. I wouldn't be surprised if this is Rumph's last year in Gables. I would feel some type of way if I was Rumph. Just being honest and objective on the point made.

You and every other poster who thinks you know how Rumph feels should open up your own Psychic hotline.

You guys are the biggest jokes on this board. You guys want Richt to fail so bad that you think your hateful statements will expedite his termination.
All you guys really are accomplishing is nothing. No one knows how Rumph feels and I'm sure Richt has already spoke to him.

Lets see how it plays out but I think things will be fine.

I don't agree with everything you stated, but there is truth at the core of this post. Rumph has a more impressive resume than anyone on the staff outside of Richt. Can Rumph improve recruiting, yes he can. But outside of his recruiting woes Rumph is a very good, dare I say great on-field coach. Respect isn't shown by kind words, it's shown by status and pay grade. For Richt to not increase Rumph's pay at minimum after promoting three coaches on the defensive staff is disrespectful. I wouldn't be surprised if this is Rumph's last year in Gables. I would feel some type of way if I was Rumph. Just being honest and objective on the point made.
And how is it that you know Rumph didn't get a raise.?

You and every other poster who thinks you know how Rumph feels should open up your own Psychic hotline.

You guys are the biggest jokes on this board. You guys want Richt to fail so bad that you think your hateful statements will expedite his termination.
All you guys really are accomplishing is nothing. No one knows how Rumph feels and I'm sure Richt has already spoke to him.

Lets see how it plays out but I think things will be fine.
First off, I did not insinuate I know how Rumph feels. My exact words were "I would feel some type of way if I were Rumph". Second, I'm rooting for Richt. Third, can you please show me where I have "hateful statements" on this post, or any other post at that. You should go work on your reading comprehension skills.

Advertisement
**** some of y'all are delusional in regards to coaching.

GOOD POSITION COACH DOES NOT = GOOD DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR

Even if Rumph was some CB coaching savant, that doesn't mean he can coordinate an entire defense.
Jesus Christ.

Didnt you know only former players can be coaches here?

Richt promoted Simpson to Associated HC with only 1 year experience, Patke to co-DC after only 1 year removed from being a GA and Banda to Co-DC with 3 years experience - the same as Rumph. I can give Simpson a pass because he was a successful HS coach for a very long time and cut his teeth with the Falcons for a year, but Banda and Patke??? The optics here are terrible.

Richt put all three guys on the fast track to become head coaches, while Rumph will remain a lowly position coach, even though he’s had arguably the best performing unit since this staff came onboard 3 years ago.

How in the world can Richt look Rumph in the face after a move like this? I know Rumph is all Cane, but he needs to be selfish and leave. He’s got to do it. There is no way in **** I’d stay at Miami if a HC did that to me.

This stunt Richt pulled is a prime example why you see very few African American coaches in college football. African American coaches toil in obscurity as position coaches for years, while other guys move into coordinator roles and eventually move in to become HC’s. All I know is the optics here look really, really bad. And I know for a fact I’m not the only person thinking it.

Let this sink in: Patke was a GA a year ago, and now Rumph (former AA, former NFL player, and arguably the best coach in the team 3 years running) must report to him????? Wow, wow, wow.

Rumph, please leave Miami and take care of you.
Understand, at this point Mark Richt is putting no body on a fast track to being a HC,
co-cordinators = blue light special

Advertisement
Banda has been with Diaz at previous stops. That's his boy. I guarantee he knows the defense better than Rumph.

And what plays did Rumph call?
He wasn't calling **** at Heritage.
Knowing the defense is one thing, communicating and teaching it another

First off, I did not insinuate I know how Rumph feels. My exact words were "I would feel some type of way if I were Rumph". Second, I'm rooting for Richt. Third, can you please show me where I have "hateful statements" on this post, or any other post at that. You should go work on your reading comprehension skills.

My apologies Cane4life..I grabbed the wrong quote. Phones been acting up today but very sorry for the mistake.

I don’t know why people don’t understand this.

the OP has a small safety deposit box at his local BOA branch filled with XS condoms...just in case...

Advertisement
Interesting stuff but the truth Mark will take them all down with himself. They have no real college track record other than with him and he is done. Rump’s future went down the tubes when his personal pair of 5* dbs dumped turds all over him and went elsewhere last year. South Fl first round draft pick with connections can’t land kids he coached is worthless to other schools. Had he gotten them to Miami, he would be on Bama’s staff right now making 600k.

Advertisement
All this speculation is pure bull****! Not one of us know what Rumph feels unless one of you are a psychic.

I, for one, am not going to speculate and make myself look like a fool.

I like the Simpson bump. Time will tell about Banda and Patke. Those 2 have got a lot of work to do in the coming months.

Richt promoted Simpson to Associated HC with only 1 year experience, Patke to co-DC after only 1 year removed from being a GA and Banda to Co-DC with 3 years experience - the same as Rumph. I can give Simpson a pass because he was a successful HS coach for a very long time and cut his teeth with the Falcons for a year, but Banda and Patke??? The optics here are terrible.

Richt put all three guys on the fast track to become head coaches, while Rumph will remain a lowly position coach, even though he’s had arguably the best performing unit since this staff came onboard 3 years ago.

How in the world can Richt look Rumph in the face after a move like this? I know Rumph is all Cane, but he needs to be selfish and leave. He’s got to do it. There is no way in **** I’d stay at Miami if a HC did that to me.

This stunt Richt pulled is a prime example why you see very few African American coaches in college football. African American coaches toil in obscurity as position coaches for years, while other guys move into coordinator roles and eventually move in to become HC’s. All I know is the optics here look really, really bad. And I know for a fact I’m not the only person thinking it.

Let this sink in: Patke was a GA a year ago, and now Rumph (former AA, former NFL player, and arguably the best coach in the team 3 years running) must report to him????? Wow, wow, wow.

Rumph, please leave Miami and take care of you.

He doesn't have any leverage.

Patke and Banda would have left if this wasn't done.
Simpson has shown he can get his Georgia following to believe him to come to Miami, Rumph has not. Thus his leverage.
Simpson came from NFL, albeit one year, so he can assuming a lot of daily tasks, more leverage, Rumph can't.

Rumph has to take a longer road to the top I think. If he has higher aspirations, he has to be an NFL position coach or assistant, or go to a lesser school and be a DC or Co-DC. Things take time.

Not sure it's a race thing, but it could never know nowadays, but Banda is has Latin kinship, correct?

These are the worst hires this program ever made and this is saying something. I bet Rick and Blake asked the players again who they wanted to see coach the D and as we know the rest is history.

I mean every time the players cast the tie breaking vote we get Clappy and Randy. The players also wanted Gary Stevens over Erickson. The players play so leave those decisions to the AD. However based on who we have currently the players might actually be more qualified between the 2.

Advertisement
Back