Be Patient Look how long it took these guys.

This board is fully entrenched. You'll never change opinions at this point. While I believe we can do better, I wrote I wouldn't be angry with 9 or 10 wins (Vegas expectations) and was ripped apart for it. Nothing less than playoffs would be good enough for many.
I'm good with improvements after suffering for ages, improvements for me work cause of what's being built. If it was Manny and he bringing in Corey Flagg types then improvements would mean nothing to me cause I wouldn't believe we improving.

Advertisement
I got your back @Dwinstitles. I’m not quite a whoooredawg on the Cristobal Slurp Scale, but I lean to the slurp side slightly. I too want to see significant improvement. I’m focused on the improvement more so than the number of wins. Specifically I want us to stop losing to lower tier teams and I want to knock off a top 10 team at their crib. I also want to see improvement in game day coaching, which shouldn’t be difficult considering where the bars been set thus far. If those things happen, we likely finish the regular season with double digit wins. If not, f it…pour up the shots.

I'm good with improvements after suffering for ages, improvements for me work cause of what's being built. If it was Manny and he bringing in Corey Flagg types then improvements would mean nothing to me cause I wouldn't believe we improving.

The fear with the Mario doubters is he's another Jimbo or Spurrier. I don't agree with that because other than mandating a philosophy he doesn't coordinate. So IMO he'll keep bringing in the talent while it's up to the OC and DC to utilize it. And those guys are more easily replaceable and can be rotated if necessary. I am convinced that we have a sustainable model now, provided the NIL holds up.

Advertisement
I'm sure it's been brought up already but Jim Harbaugh was winning 10 games immediately. He also knows how to be a head coach. Stop pointing to teams struggling through 10-11 win seasons as a comparison to Mario.

So if Ryan Day wins a title are you going to bring him up as an example of stacking classes and struggling through 11-12-13 win seasons with multiple playoff and national title appearances to compare to Mario?

1000001461.gif

Harbaugh won 20 games his first 2 seasons

No one be saying anything about Mario if he did the same thing however his first two seasons were ***

TrumpyCane thinks this was a bad example, you should have used Dabo instead
True story.

Dabo won 9 games year 1. 6 in year 2 and then perennial 10-15 win team. I'd be a Mario believer if that was the same. So I guess not really a comparison. But Trumpy is correct about the first part.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I get what you're seeing here.

Let's take another situation: The last time France won a fight/title - it was the French Revolution . . .
We winning games this year fam dont worry. The only thing relatable with this and Kirby was fans *****ing like they knew what they were talking about. I knew Jim would win big and Kirby at UGA it was blatantly obvious. The one that I didnt know that caught me off guard was Jimbo, but dude only had one elite class with mad missed evals. But was more confident in JH and KS cause Jim can evaluate and Kirby just stacked upon stacked so thats a winning formula.

I get what you're trying to say, Dwin. NIL accelerated our schedule. So many things on paper are lining up for Mario:

1. QB- easily the most important thing the team has.
2. Returning coordinators- particularly important since Mario doesn't have a specialty on either side of the ball.
3. Schedule.
4. OL strength.
5. DL improvevement.
6. Everything else is in place. Our biggest question mark is our secondary, particularly when we are in nickel, which in cfb has to equal 65% of the time.

If Mario struggles this season, then the University needs to treat him and the program like any other business, Evaluate the issues, cut their losses, and move on. Personally, I think we'll hit at least 10 wins. Big, big, year.

Advertisement
I get what you're trying to say, Dwin. NIL accelerated our schedule. So many things on paper are lining up for Mario:

1. QB- easily the most important thing the team has.
2. Returning coordinators- particularly important since Mario doesn't have a specialty on either side of the ball.
3. Schedule.
4. OL strength.
5. DL improvevement.
6. Everything else is in place. Our biggest question mark is our secondary, particularly when we are in nickel, which in cfb has to equal 65% of the time.

If Mario struggles this season, then the University needs to treat him and the program like any other business, Evaluate the issues, cut their losses, and move on. Personally, I think we'll hit at least 10 wins. Big, big, year.
This is what I am hoping is a strength and everyone is expecting it, I have to see cause this could be 50/50 this season. Think we will see a starting 5 and then it change during the season. The season depends on this OL imo

lol.

Mario isn’t a tenth of the coach harbaugh is. And harbaugh got success at UM much faster than Mario.

Cmon man

Says the man who likes tripping toddlers at the playground, eating their candy on Halloween, and is always a big hit at parties as he has to invite himself.:cautious:

Advertisement
Back