BCS selection RIGGED!

How about the week before when they looked like dog shot against Auburn with a back up WB and a shattered ankle…. Oh ok. None of this was scripted bull****.

You guys all eat up this Espn sec propaganda like it’s creamofsumyoungguy . Michigan was 2. They dominated. Alabama looked good in one scripted *** SEC championship game where that script absolutely benefited the SEC in all possible facets. And you don’t see the problem with bama moving to 1????
Meh,
They won the rivalry game in a close fashion on the road. Still found a way to win the SEC Championship when they needed to impress with style points for the comittee.

Advertisement
You’ll be missed I’m sure… I know Pitt and Baylor deserved to be in because they were conference champs right? Don’t answer, it was rhetorical because it’s so obvious

Lmao. You are dumber than a box of hammers.

The current 4 team playoff doesn’t allow for the conference champion of all power 5’s much less the group of 5’s. But let’s break this down…

Group of 5’s consist of what, about 60 ish teams? And maybe in a perfect year 1 can beg their way in. Why? Eye ball tests, blue chips, and money.

Power 5 teams don’t have a chance either. Undefeated from the Big12, pac12, big19 means nothing. Ohio state gets an exception.

ACC bette be undefeated. SEC is getting 2 teams most years. Why? “#Beat4Team”…. You don’t have to make it through the survivor pool like you used to. Alabama gets up to two losses per year. All other SEC get 1 loss per year at a minimum. No other conference does…. All because of #best4teams mentality.

Why don’t we setup a system where we eliminate conference divisions and the best 2 records play for a conference championship AND a CFP birth….

I know the answer… the SEC won’t vote for that. Because it limits their power and it lowers their probability for success. It’s basic statistics.

But your stupid *** ESPN *** licking tool bag won’t ever get that

Lmao. You are dumber than a box of hammers.

The current 4 team playoff doesn’t allow for the conference champion of all power 5’s much less the group of 5’s. But let’s break this down…

Group of 5’s consist of what, about 60 ish teams? And maybe in a perfect year 1 can beg their way in. Why? Eye ball tests, blue chips, and money.

Power 5 teams don’t have a chance either. Undefeated from the Big12, pac12, big19 means nothing. Ohio state gets an exception.

ACC bette be undefeated. SEC is getting 2 teams most years. Why? “#Beat4Team”…. You don’t have to make it through the survivor pool like you used to. Alabama gets up to two losses per year. All other SEC get 1 loss per year at a minimum. No other conference does…. All because of #best4teams mentality.

Why don’t we setup a system where we eliminate conference divisions and the best 2 records play for a conference championship AND a CFP birth….

I know the answer… the SEC won’t vote for that. Because it limits their power and it lowers their probability for success. It’s basic statistics.

But your stupid *** ESPN *** licking tool bag won’t ever get that

A lot of this is going to straighten itself out once they expand the playoffs and the new conference alignments emerge over the next couple of years. College football is about to undergo radical change. Who knows if the NCAA even survives it?

They were never going to set up the instant rematch but at least have a little finesse to your rigging. Michigan 1, Bama 2, Cincy 3, UGA 4 would've made this 100x easier to digest.

Advertisement
A lot of this is going to straighten itself out once they expand the playoffs and the new conference alignments emerge over the next couple of years. College football is about to undergo radical change. Who knows if the NCAA even survives it?

They may not. I agree with that. But I do t want the SEC negotiating from a massive position of power to hold on to their competitive advantage. It’s ruining the game. It’s easy to resolve without their vote. They and ESPN just don’t want it because it weakens them.

Bama looked like the best team last night. It is not that much of a travesty to have them at #1.
The team that lost to a backup QB in TA&M, needed 4 OT to beat a backup QB in Auburn and struggled against a trash team in UiF? 1st team at end of season has to be based on the whole season.

Advertisement
The team that lost to a backup QB in TA&M, needed 4 OT to beat a backup QB in Auburn and struggled against a trash team in UiF? 1st team at end of season has to be based on the whole season.
They are SEC Champions that lost a close game in a tough environment and won a rivalry in another tough environment. Then beat an undefeated team in the Championship game like a drum.

Once again, it is not a travesty they are #1. People can cry about it all night but it does not change anything.

The whole season is not about Just last night!
Every week the Selection committee factors in who is the best team on a weekly basis... ...which as we all witness changes every week (or could change).
This week during the most important weekend they looked like the best team against the team that was #1 for many previous weeks.

Should we have dropped votes in 2001 because we barely beat BC and the Hokies?
Come on, lets base our opinions on reality here.

Advertisement
anything to make $$ and avoid a quick rematch of Bama -UGA.
Bama @ 3 beat #1 - i get it but shouldnt jmnp from 3 to 1
Michigan #2 handily won against a ranked opponent in BIG 10 game - should've been #1
Cincy already #4 handilly beat a ranked team - should have moved up to 3
I'm guessing that Bama beating the **** out of UGA was rigged too.

Advertisement
OP: tell us you don’t watch college football without telling us you don’t watch college football.

US: Lee Corso is losing it.

OP: hold my beer

OP is right. The BCS is rigged. That’s how FSU got in the Orange Bowl instead of Miami vs Oklahoma. Total rip off.
Still irritates me to this day. We would have destroyed OU that year. That was the point the message boards exploded and when the big divide happened between the fans. Coker and Dorsey were getting shredded on forums.That La Tech game gave the powers that be all the excuses they needed to eventually move FSU ahead of us, even though we beat #2 VT the next week and pounded everybody else. We were absolutely shafted.

2000 BCS rankings. Remember that BCS.

They should go to 8. If you can’t lobby your way into top 8, you shouldn’t complain.
People would still complain. Look at the basketball tourney. 64 teams and then they expand and tweak it for "fairness". They already have a playoff system in the lower divisions that seems to work. I'm sure if/when they could make all the bowl sponsors happy they will expand.

Advertisement
Back