Battle Miami

Advertisement
Thread to post on the event and prospects.

A guy im not sure if we offered but with his school being somewhat a feeder for us i would probably offer.

Andrew Ivins- That sequence was certainly freaky, but far from the only highlight for the 2023 Nevada Gatorade Track and Field Player of the Year. Meadows proved to be just too much to handle for opposing defensive backs with the combination of his size, speed and bounce.

For me I can't even really see it so much with qbs. I can see the very minor lessons in what you explained but I feel like from everything I've ever known when it relates to qbs the most important factor in a qbs success or failure comes from his mental. How can you really test a qb in any aspect if he knows worst case 4 seconds runs out and it's a wasted down. Something else in itself when you know you can get your whole head tore off in the blink of an eye. How often do you really see qbs in seven on seven who really struggle that are even remotely decent? They just sit back there and pick **** apart. Real easy to make an amazing throw when you have no fear in it. Your only fears in 7 on 7 doesn't even really come down to ball placement. Fine your team gets hot over a turnover. Hella different than you **** near getting your reciever paralyzed because you short armed something and left a ball high over the middle of the field.
That’s why so many don’t succeed you can’t test if they can see things in the pocket. You never know till you know

🤣 I kinda chuckled at this post... because some of the kids in these 7-on-7 highlights were on our schedule this past season... and we completely shut them out.

Football is completely different when you have pads on and the QB doesn't have 4 seconds to throw. You're now catching bubble screens and hoping that a Safety or Linebacker doesn't take your head off while filling the alley. Or running a post route hoping that the Safety isn't in the middle of the field waiting on you.

As a defensive coach I absolutely hate this 7-on-7 crap. It's 100% catered to the offense and takes away any advantages that a defense has.
I do see SOME value in it however. It really improves my Secondary's eyes/technique and helps my LB's learn how to cover.

There's actually high school teams that will dominate 7-on-7 tournaments but then go 5-5 during the real season.
This, this, this!!!!

🤣 I kinda chuckled at this post... because some of the kids in these 7-on-7 highlights were on our schedule this past season... and we completely shut them out.

Football is completely different when you have pads on and the QB doesn't have 4 seconds to throw. You're now catching bubble screens and hoping that a Safety or Linebacker doesn't take your head off while filling the alley. Or running a post route hoping that the Safety isn't in the middle of the field waiting on you.

As a defensive coach I absolutely hate this 7-on-7 crap. It's 100% catered to the offense and takes away any advantages that a defense has.
I do see SOME value in it however. It really improves my Secondary's eyes/technique and helps my LB's learn how to cover.

There's actually high school teams that will dominate 7-on-7 tournaments but then go 5-5 during the real season.
You get the same or even better development in helmet and shorts doing skeleton drill during the summer. I've long stated my dislike for these 7 on 7 things. I guess if it were used for fun and some WR/DB development, it'd make a lot more sense, except you watch WRs do a **** choreographed dance off the LOS some of the time. It's wild. Minimal evaluation value, as I've stated numerous times, but somehow this AAU-type nonsense actually keeps getting weighted MORE.

Advertisement
You get the same or even better development in helmet and shorts doing skeleton drill during the summer. I've long stated my dislike for these 7 on 7 things. I guess if it were used for fun and some WR/DB development, it'd make a lot more sense, except you watch WRs do a **** choreographed dance off the LOS some of the time. It's wild. Minimal evaluation value, as I've stated numerous times, but somehow this AAU-type nonsense actually keeps getting weighted MORE.
True.
I'd also add that most of these 7-on-7 teams don't even use Linebackers... which in itself is goofy.

Many of these high schools will go to 7-on-7 tournaments with a whole defense full of DB's.
How is this getting your kids ready for real football?
How is this developing your LB unit?

Advertisement
Back