Battle Miami

Advertisement
Yeah. Touch football is exciting for children and all. All the same its time to stop acting like it has **** to do with what we should be offering.
+1,000,000

"coaches who pick players based on how good they look in their underwear end up in only one of two places: in prison for pedophelia, or on the unemployment line for incompetence."

---- Coach Cozza

This touch football has totally change the landscape of things.

Its all the rave and to some the sole rave.

This aint even the mid 2000s when it comes to recruiting... You almost HAVE TOPLAY the game with the 7 on 7 teams as it is now AAU basketball.
It's absurd how much recruit rankings go into analysis of touch football. Then we wonder why so many kids that are brought in end up being prima Donna's. Is there any real surprise in That if a kid doesn't even earn his rankings based on what he does with pads on? We need to get back to realizing this **** has zero value with reality.

SFE Camera Man Jay Wimbrow gets checked by Cam Newton

Attachments

• IMG_1840.jpeg
    IMG_1840.jpeg
    76.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1839.jpeg
    IMG_1839.jpeg
    72.7 KB · Views: 0
Advertisement
Thread to post on the event and prospects.

This play was ruled an incomplete pass. The DB outworked the tall kid and forced him out of bounds before he could get a foot down. There is another video showing the sideline view. Great work by the smaller DB on this one.

It's absurd how much recruit rankings go into analysis of touch football. Then we wonder why so many kids that are brought in end up being prima Donna's. Is there any real surprise in That if a kid doesn't even earn his rankings based on what he does with pads on? We need to get back to realizing this **** has zero value with reality.

This is exactly why i dont trust ANYONE who just tells me a recruiting class isnt good based off stars.

Explain to me, in detail, why the 3 star isnt good based upon his film not what some nerd behind a website rated. Main reason why half the kids are 3 stare is because they dont play for a prominent school nor do they go to every **** camp known to man to get these unwarranted boosts in their ratings.... ahem, Anez Cooper.... Ahem.

Teams like Iowa, Wisconsin, and Utah have fielded highly competitive teams for the last 2 decades with "mediocre" classes because they know how to identify FOOTBALL players and you not a football player unless them lights and pads are on.

This is exactly why i dont trust ANYONE who just tells me a recruiting class isnt good based off stars.

Explain to me, in detail, why the 3 star isnt good based upon his film not what some nerd behind a website rated. Main reason why half the kids are 3 stare is because they dont play for a prominent school nor do they go to every **** camp known to man to get these unwarranted boosts in their ratings.... ahem, Anez Cooper.... Ahem.

Teams like Iowa, Wisconsin, and Utah have fielded highly competitive teams for the last 2 decades with "mediocre" classes because they know how to identify FOOTBALL players and you not a football player unless them lights and pads are on.
You have to know how to identify and if you do and the services see it and they agree you move up. If you probably a jag they drop you. If you earned the gift of identifying they will start taking closer looks at Miami takes. That’s how it works. You do not have to be a football player to not know JSmith is a beast or a Dalvin Cook. Doesn’t take a rocket scientist to see that. But yea kids will fly under it happens. Pause

This play was ruled an incomplete pass. The DB outworked the tall kid and forced him out of bounds before he could get a foot down. There is another video showing the sideline view. Great work by the smaller DB on this one.
It was ruled incomplete there ont he field.

In the clip its an actual catch in college..somehow he got his foot AND hand in b4 that second foot hit out of bounds.

I initially said no catch but saw another view with angle and still pictures on twitter.

Advertisement

Hey im a guy that says these 7 on 7 teams should play these tournaments...IN PADS.

When i was in high school the 7 on 7's were in uppers at least and the colleges had padded 7 on 7 camps. I think UCF still did this or still do.

You can just literally see the softness in the 7 on7 boys and them doing stuff they would never do in pads with no fear.

Hey im a guy that says these 7 on 7 teams should play these tournaments...IN PADS.

When i was in high school the 7 on 7's were in uppers at least and the colleges had padded 7 on 7 camps. I think UCF still did this or still do.

You can just literally see the softness in the 7 on7 boys and them doing stuff they would never do in pads with no fear.
Amen

It was ruled incomplete there ont he field.

In the clip its an actual catch in college..somehow he got his foot AND hand in b4 that second foot hit out of bounds.

I initially said no catch but saw another view with angle and still pictures on twitter.

****, now I wanna see that video again. I tried to find it but I forgot where I saw the sideline view video.

Advertisement
You have to know how to identify and if you do and the services see it and they agree you move up. If you probably a jag they drop you. If you earned the gift of identifying they will start taking closer looks at Miami takes. That’s how it works. You do not have to be a football player to not know JSmith is a beast or a Dalvin Cook. Doesn’t take a rocket scientist to see that. But yea kids will fly under it happens. Pause
Yes, because those young men did their work in pads. The film speaks for itself. If they never went to ONE camp they would be highly rated because of their work on the field.

Too many 4 & 5 star players get those ratings because of these padless camps. Being rewarded because someone spent money for you to go to a camp should not be underlying factor in your ratings.

I promise you Anez Cooper played better than majority of the guys ranked ahead of him. The 154 ranked guy at his position is absolutely absurd. Their aint 154 lineman in his class better than him. Reuben Bain is a 4 star with all the work he put in on the field? 🤦🏿.

Cole Mc is a 3 star as dominant as he was on the field in Alabama? The **** is an absolute joke.

These guys need to do proper evaluation and their rankings would be respected more. Waiting for coaches to identify and develop players then giving the players a ranking based upon those trends is weak and lazy work. Huge money and ratings grab. Over sensationalized hype that effects the potential earnings, scholarship offers or lack thereof for good football players.

Theres a lot that goes into a players abilities and in a team sport it takes true evaluation to know whether or not that player is a stand alone talent or if hes good because he has a better staff and surrounding players.

Yes, because those young men did their work in pads. The film speaks for itself. If they never went to ONE camp they would be highly rated because of their work on the field.

Too many 4 & 5 star players get those ratings because of these padless camps. Being rewarded because someone spent money for you to go to a camp should not be underlying factor in your ratings.

I promise you Anez Cooper played better than majority of the guys ranked ahead of him. The 154 ranked guy at his position is absolutely absurd. Their aint 154 lineman in his class better than him. Reuben Bain is a 4 star with all the work he put in on the field? 🤦🏿.

Cole Mc is a 3 star as dominant as he was on the field in Alabama? The **** is an absolute joke.

These guys need to do proper evaluation and their rankings would be respected more. Waiting for coaches to identify and develop players then giving the players a ranking based upon those trends is weak and lazy work. Huge money and ratings grab. Over sensationalized hype that effects the potential earnings, scholarship offers or lack thereof for good football players.

Theres a lot that goes into a players abilities and in a team sport it takes true evaluation to know whether or not that player is a stand alone talent or if hes good because he has a better staff and surrounding players.
Not their work on the field it’s the intangibles. That’s what people see, others see stats that don’t tell the story sometimes. It’s like today I was listening to the Michael Kay Show over here in nyc, and a caller got mad cause he said Purdy was elite. And Kay was right he isn’t Mahomes he doesn’t have an arm but he’s winning but he’s not those guys. Regardless if he wins a title or not he’s just doesn’t have the gifts those other guys have.

I hate to bring it up I really do but it’s like the Cook and Yearby recruitment. Yearby was a regular rb and Cook was a first rounder anyone could see it. He could have played two games at Miami central his senior year and Yearby could have rushed for 1800 yards. I would still say Cook is the guy you have to land not Yearby. Pause pause pause

I only read your first paragraph I have to read the rest. But I had to reply it’s about intangibles and how they translate to d1, intangibles/frame/size/explosiveness for that particular position/can he gain weight and not lose those gifts/etc. that’s what these nerds study and a lot of times they get it right. It ain’t a perfect science but it’s pretty good for what it is.

Pause

Cooper great find it shows the Hc knows how Miami/bama/Oregon are suppose to look like. Cole as well the film speaks for itself. Let them get it wrong but if Mario continues to hit they will eventually move most his classes up cause he proved he can evaluate. They did it with Saban because he was the best at it, that’s why his guys moved up. Everyone said it was biased it wasn’t Saban was right about a lot of those lower rated dudes. He saw it

🤣 I kinda chuckled at this post... because some of the kids in these 7-on-7 highlights were on our schedule this past season... and we completely shut them out.

Football is completely different when you have pads on and the QB doesn't have 4 seconds to throw. You're now catching bubble screens and hoping that a Safety or Linebacker doesn't take your head off while filling the alley. Or running a post route hoping that the Safety isn't in the middle of the field waiting on you.

As a defensive coach I absolutely hate this 7-on-7 crap. It's 100% catered to the offense and takes away any advantages that a defense has.
I do see SOME value in it however. It really improves my Secondary's eyes/technique and helps my LB's learn how to cover.

There's actually high school teams that will dominate 7-on-7 tournaments but then go 5-5 during the real season.

Advertisement
🤣 I kinda chuckled at this post... because some of the kids in these 7-on-7 highlights were on our schedule this past season... and we completely shut them out.

Football is completely different when you have pads on and the QB doesn't have 4 seconds to throw. You're now catching bubble screens and hoping that a Safety or Linebacker doesn't take your head off while filling the alley. Or running a post route hoping that the Safety isn't in the middle of the field waiting on you.

As a defensive coach I absolutely hate this 7-on-7 crap. It's 100% catered to the offense and takes away any advantages that a defense has.
I do see SOME value in it however. It really improves my Secondary's eyes/technique and helps my LB's learn how to cover.

There's actually high school teams that will dominate 7-on-7 tournaments but then go 5-5 during the real season.
I see SOME value in it. But when I say that it's VERY LITTLE. I can see the development of coverage skills when it relates to getting your eyes in the right place. I can see it where it may relate to learning proper placements in running certain zone coverages. The question then becomes if those lessons translate once pads and the lights come on.

Advertisement
Back