bat wing jerseys

Advertisement
Yes, those jerseys were great when we were winning

Had we worn them in the Shannon era, nobody would want to bring them back

That design is owned by Nike...they’re never coming back

The current jerseys we have are beautiful

We need to stop reaching for the past
The current jerseys are a reach from the past....

Best UM Jerseys EVER......Russell was the ****....
16463114_1293302454042510_4466326413622351708_o.jpg

Advertisement
People have a love affair with these jerseys because that's what the 2001-2002 teams wore. The truth is, they're just a ripoff of the late 90's Broncos uniforms. They look very dated today. That's the issue with super trendy uniform styles. They look cool for a year or two but down the road they look corny and dated. The classic styles always look good. They're like Levi's and a T shirt. Sure, they don't look as flashy as a pair of bedazzled True Religion jeans and an Ed Hardy shirt but they don't look super corny once the fashion trend fades away.

People have a love affair with these jerseys because that's what the 2001-2002 teams wore. The truth is, they're just a ripoff of the late 90's Broncos uniforms. They look very dated today. That's the issue with super trendy uniform styles. They look cool for a year or two but down the road they look corny and dated. The classic styles always look good. They're like Levi's and a T shirt. Sure, they don't look as flashy as a pair of bedazzled True Religion jeans and an Ed Hardy shirt but they don't look super corny once the fashion trend fades away.

i completely agree with you about classic styles, but other than being a significant departure from traditional styles and having an overlap or two in the number font, how exactly were our 00-03s a ripoff of the broncos uniforms?

Advertisement

I saw a very attractive man the other day but he was wearing an Ed Hardy shirt.

Major turn off.

One of the best parts of a uniform thread is the people who willing click on it that are offended by a uniform thread

I liked the Jacory Harris Nike uniforms more than those 2001 championship jerseys tbh

Advertisement
i completely agree with you about classic styles, but other than being a significant departure from traditional styles and having an overlap or two in the number font, how exactly were our 00-03s a ripoff of the broncos uniforms?
Not a direct clone but very similar styles. They used the same font for the numbers and the striping coming up the sides and out from under the arms were very similar. Miami's was a bit more elaborate TBH. I just remember the first time I saw them, all I could think of was Denver Broncos.

I liked the Jacory Harris Nike uniforms more than those 2001 championship jerseys tbh

I agree. There were actually better looking Nike jerseys than the "batwing" style ones. There were plenty of ugly *** Nike jerseys too. It seemed like right about the time they started switching up jerseys ever couple of years is when the program went on the downswing. I guess they figured if they couldn't sell tickets, they could at least sell jerseys.

Advertisement
I'd agree with this except "getting rid of" the black. I'd prefer to use the smoke color from the last of the Nike uni's. Everyone does black and to me it doesn't look too great. But a dark gray that looks like smoke... call it "storm," would look awesome with the current uni's.

I wasn't overjoyed when they rolled out the black unis, but they've grown on me and it's funny almost every recruit you see a pic of they wear the black, soooo....

The current jerseys are a reach from the past....

Well we wore that style jersey for 15+ years until we went to Nike in the mid-90s and they started to experiment with our uniform design.

We only wore the OP's style jersey for 3-4 years.

So if anything, we just went back to our original uniform.

Advertisement
Back