Bat Signal UP!!! Purdue DT Branson Deen Transfers to Miami

View as article
Advertisement
The reality is that 6-1, 280 pound (or smaller) DTs generally aren’t super productive in college. And yes while everyone loves referencing the Aaron Donald exception, they are ignoring the reality that most productive DTs are much larger than Gore and Deen. I freely admit haven’t watched a lot of film on either so I’m happy to be proven wrong
I admittedly haven’t watched the film either but at least he played successfully oin the Big 10 so he is used to physicality. His PFF grading indicates he is best at pass rushing. Manny would have loved this guy. Let’s hope for the best.

Advertisement

The good thing is he is a 1 and done grad transfer after spending 5 years at Purdue. If D. Jackson came back and UK transfer Justin Rogers didn't have transcript issues, Deen is still looking for a landing spot.

Just for size reference Sydnor is a 6'4" D-end for Purdue, look how much smaller Deen is than Sydnor

Coach Salave'a needs to deliver big time for the 2024 class, we are going need a lot of size infusion.

Go Canes

Last edited:
Do some of y’all actually watch games or just look at height weight then *****?
Drink some cranberry juice big dog ur spotting. I don't watch Purdue football just like 99.9999% of Purdue alumni. That's y I asked if he was a JAG or not. 270 n 280 pound interior DLinemen contradict what Mario has said "Its got to look a certain way". 280 pound DTs like Donald or Kancey are the exception not the rule.

I don't blame anyone for being hesitant about who transfers in Lichtenstein n Moultrie were extremely underwhelming.

I don’t like to **** on the players but JHH has never impressed me. It’s like he’s just there. He leaves a lot to be desired.
He flashes but isn’t consistent. Maybe some or most of that was just about getting older and better, but he still isn’t a guy who is able ot play for 40 plays and be effective. But he will have 1-2 plays where he is the most athletic lineman on the field,

Advertisement
He flashes but isn’t consistent. Maybe some or most of that was just about getting older and better, but he still isn’t a guy who is able ot play for 40 plays and be effective. But he will have 1-2 plays where he is the most athletic lineman on the field,
I couldn’t tell you the last time he caught my attention. I literally forgot he existed during the season.

Drink some cranberry juice big dog ur spotting. I don't watch Purdue football just like 99.9999% of Purdue alumni. That's y I asked if he was a JAG or not. 270 n 280 pound interior DLinemen contradict what Mario has said "Its got to look a certain way". 280 pound DTs like Donald or Kancey the exception not the rule.

I understand you getting ****y with ME, but with @Cribby ? You are just the softest snowflake on the whole board...

Advertisement
1673310671007.gif
1673310671007.gif
Wake me when we sign a WR…

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back