Bat Signal UP!!! Purdue DT Branson Deen Transfers to Miami

View as article
Advertisement
Solid is selling him short. Very active , really good pass rusher and holds up really well with the run especially for his size. Get one more and the DT room is dramatically better.
Agreed, I wrote very good and then deleted it bc the casuals would have killed me… trenches getting upgrades everywhere. Jackson was talented but headcase, I saw him yelling at fans during the Duke game lmao.

Hopefully Moten can step up

You misspelled Leonard Taylor.

You have a 5-star DT in your room. I don’t care what the rest of it looks like. If this kid plays like a 5-star should, aka a first-rounder, the room shouldn’t be a weakness.

Outside of QB, I can’t think of a more important player for the outlook of the 2023 season than 56.

Put it this way, Deen's been way more productive than JHH. More productive statistically than Taylor (higher ceiling). And without seeing the stats I'd venture to guess more productive than the departed wishy-washy 'Nole.

Advertisement
most likely add 1 more DT,hopefully J.Rodgers from UK. then some CB's and a WR or 2 . the way CMC recruits
portal in the future will be additions to key areas of need on team. yeah, still drinking the kool aid I guess

You have a 5-star DT in your room. I don’t care what the rest of it looks like. If this kid plays like a 5-star should, aka a first-rounder, the room shouldn’t be a weakness.

Outside of QB, I can’t think of a more important player for the outlook of the 2023 season than 56.
Between him Mesidor and Nyjalik that's a pretty solid lineup better then most in the ACC. Rogers would be a good get if they could make it work.

Agreed, I wrote very good and then deleted it bc the casuals would have killed me… trenches getting upgrades everywhere. Jackson was talented but headcase, I saw him yelling at fans during the Duke game lmao.
I was on the D Jax train hard early on but the more the year went on I fell out of love lol. I still liked him as a player but the effort and attitude wasn’t great. Tbh him and LT were both inconsistent and lost gap integrity more than I’d like.

I was thinking this same thing (the last line) if he can play like we think he should he can also help Mario sell that in recruiting DTs. And of course him and Kam are the best players on D and should be leaders.

Advertisement
I was thinking this same thing (the last line) if he can play like we think he should he can also help Mario sell that in recruiting DTs. And of course him and Kam are the best players on D and should be leaders.
It’s LT’s time to take the next step. He has to take this more serious and become a more consistent player.

I don’t like to **** on the players but JHH has never impressed me. It’s like he’s just there. He leaves a lot to be desired.
I was pleasantly surprised with JHH in run support this year and surprised by his lack of pass rush. Was a weird season for him.

I was on the D Jax train hard early on but the more the year went on I fell out of love lol. I still liked him as a player but the effort and attitude wasn’t great. Tbh him and LT were both inconsistent and lost gap integrity more than I’d like.
He had the size for it but just didnt play like a 1tech. Realistically I think he should have rotated in with Taylor at the 3t.

Everyone moaning about not having a true 1t next year and how we will get gashed but honestly, we didn't really have one last year either. We had nobody who could effectively take on a double. If we somehow find a way to bring in Rogers this line would be complete and would be much better than last years. I think Moten will be ready for some reps as the backup there and at least equal what we lost in Jordan Miller

Advertisement
Advertisement
BylsmaPump.gif

He was one of the best interior guys in the country last year. 6’2 280-285 is not tiny lol. People think dt’s have to be 320 here , that’s not the case. This guy held up just fine and caused a lot of havoc in the B10. Which is a far more physical brand of football in that conference.

IN THE BIG TEN.

Against teams (mostly) better than Purdue.

Advertisement
Back