Bat Signal UP!!! Purdue DT Branson Deen Transfers to Miami

View as article
is 6'2 290 really "undersized" in college football? i'm sure the staff could easily throw 10 pounds on him by the beginning of the season but I feel like the board wants a 350 pound dt who plays 2 snaps and is done for half a quarter rather than these 'near' 300 pound studs we've been targeting/landing

I think the idea of throwing 10 pounds on a soon to be 5th year senior who comes from a P5 S&C program would be nothing but bad weight.

The kids is who he is at this point. If he naturally adds a few more pounds fine, but I wouldn't force it.

I also don't think those commenting about bigger DTs are doing so without logic. The 2 DTs in the portal all look to be 3-techs. With LT onboard, that's 3-deep in base sets, although you can use 2 on pass downs (or one as a big 5-tech in a odd front). There's still a glaring hole at 1-tech to take on double teams. For a team that has not handled the run well in recent years, ranking 63rd last year at 4 yards per carry and giving up 200+ rushing yards to Duke, FSU, Clemson and Pitt......DT run stuffers are a need/concern.

Advertisement
You are either Taylor or related to taylor cause you defend him at all cost. Taylor makes plus and then disappears for games at a time. I hope he can put a full season together next year cause we need him.

Now to this comparison, let’s review each players stats. Based on stats….what makes you think Taylor is some superior player to Dean?

View attachment 223849
View attachment 223850

View attachment 223851
Man I’m from South Carolina & never met Taylor a day in my life! What about the plays that Taylor made/forced that got other ppl got credit for?Hurries etc!?. I let errbody talk **** about JW0 bc he did have a bad year but we found out that he was hurt all year but I won’t let u **** on LT56. Matter of fact since u said that about him ur not allowed to call him LT56 anymore bc I’m the one who started calling him that on this board. Ur outta the Klub of ppl who kan kall him LT56 from here on out! Go Canes

Last edited:
Advertisement
Sheesh small asf, this just a roster filler? Anyone know
He was one of the best interior guys in the country last year. 6’2 280-285 is not tiny lol. People think dt’s have to be 320 here , that’s not the case. This guy held up just fine and caused a lot of havoc in the B10. Which is a far more physical brand of football in that conference.

He was one of the best interior guys in the country last year. 6’2 280-285 is not tiny lol. People think dt’s have to be 320 here , that’s not the case. This guy held up just fine and caused a lot of havoc in the B10. Which is a far more physical brand of football in that conference.
Trust your evals crib so that's fine for me. If he has the cribby stamp then he has the dwins stamp.

Honestly I know nothing about this dude, thanks for bodying me I appreciate it lol.

but they all don't weight 450 lbs so we're screwed according to CIS DT experts
From Norton, Jon Ford to Djax last year I can't remember a year when we didn't have an exp NT. Maybe not having one would be a nice change up for the year.

Advertisement
Man I’m from South Carolina & never met Taylor a day in my life! What about the plays that Taylor made/forced that got other ppl got credit for?Hurries etc!?. I let errbody talk **** about JW0 bc he did have a bad year but we found out that he was hurt all year but I won’t let u **** on LT56. Matter of fact since u said that about him ur not allowed to call him LT56 anymore bc I’m the one who started calling him that on this board. Ur outta the Klub if ppl who kan kall him LT56 from here on out! Go Canes

Sacha Baron Cohen Thumbs Up GIF by Amazon Prime Video

CanesInSufferable in peak season.

Land a tried and proven interior DL but because he’s not a 6-5 330 war daddy that’s as quick as a Jaguar and strong as Zeus it’s a meh take. This dude is a **** solid pickup.

Yes we need a war daddy/1tech but they don’t exactly grown on trees and fall to the ground one day unnoticed and live under a rock until someone comes calling.

Happy Monday, and get ****ed mopes.

looks like we're gonna ask the DTs to be more active pass rushers and get up field more next year. would still like a big guy to replace d.jackson tho. kinda makes sense since we upgraded linebacker room.
I liked DJ a lot but he didn’t play like his size most times. It got worse as the year unfolded. I thought he was a space eater but eventually it was obvious he was a huge 3 tech playing 1tech. He wanted to get up field, not eat space or doubles.

Advertisement
Got to think we're still chasing the right fit at NT.

Need to watch more, but feels like a guy that will give you solid reps in a rotation role. A P5 version of Moultrie for us?

I'd toss this guy in at the same level as a Davon Sears type of role we were looking for. That DT4 in the rotation type. If JHH transfers...could replace him and maybe DT2? Maybe a lil lower if we get a true NT to eat snaps.

He'll play quite a bit, especially if he can play all 3 downs.

Last edited:

@Cribby why were our DE coach and DE Analyst wlaking him through film as opposed to our DT coach? ... I love the pickup, especially if JHH is questionable. But where's our war daddy my man?

Advertisement
Welcome to the U fam! Y'all do realize our best defensive player, Mesidor, was 6'3 280 right? I want a big DT too but doesn't mean ish if he can't play. Just get a big body you can use in obvious run situations and goal-line. Doesn't have to be a bonafide stud.

I liked DJ a lot but he didn’t play like his size most times. It got worse as the year unfolded. I thought he was a space eater but eventually it was obvious he was a huge 3 tech playing 1tech. He wanted to get up field, not eat space or doubles.

But his potential! If he had bought in, he would be a high draft pick. Will be interesting to see what FSU can do with him. he seems to have a coachability issue.

Advertisement
Back