Basketball school

Das it! Go Canes!

**** outta here with that nonsense. Acc is **** right now and if u don't see that then look at Duke,unc,Syracuse & Louisville in particular and that ends that debate. Was horribly off year for bball in acc. BUT I'm glad we capitalized on it atleast. Would love to see us do the same in football. Well never be a basketball school though

Advertisement
**** outta here with that nonsense. Acc is **** right now and if u don't see that then look at Duke,unc,Syracuse & Louisville in particular and that ends that debate. Was horribly off year for bball in acc. BUT I'm glad we capitalized on it atleast. Would love to see us do the same in football. Well never be a basketball school though

Louisville fell off a cliff.

Gotta be real though, it'd be a lot easier to be a basketball school than football. NIL goes a long way with fewer players and your coaching budget is smaller. I've said for a while that while football put us on the map, as a small private school, funds would be put to better use making us a basketball power.

This Mario expenditure fails, all that money for not, is someone going to keep putting that money up? I don't know, maybe?

Because they blew a 30 point lead against semenholes and it ****ed us. Sums it up

Definitely get that; I’m just saying b/c they ended w/ the same ACC record as UVA, but beat them, it shouldn’t be a co-champion situation, but it’s how collegiate sports are designed. However, they’ll still be the #1 seed in the tourney.

Advertisement
Louisville fell off a cliff.

Gotta be real though, it'd be a lot easier to be a basketball school than football. NIL goes a long way with fewer players and your coaching budget is smaller. I've said for a while that while football put us on the map, as a small private school, funds would be put to better use making us a basketball power.

This Mario expenditure fails, all that money for not, is someone going to keep putting that money up? I don't know, maybe?
Can't say there's a lot of points to argue. But what I will say as someone who has depending on which sites a nephew who's a top 5 to top 50 recruit in basketball, it costs a **** OF A LOT MORE to get the big time kids in basketball opposed to what it costs in football. Honestly nil is simply gonna be the death of collegiate sports. Id love to be wrong. But unless DRASTIC changes are made soon that ***** a wrap...

Can't say there's a lot of points to argue. But what I will say as someone who has depending on which sites a nephew who's a top 5 to top 50 recruit in basketball, it costs a **** OF A LOT MORE to get the big time kids in basketball opposed to what it costs in football. Honestly nil is simply gonna be the death of collegiate sports. Id love to be wrong. But unless DRASTIC changes are made soon that ***** a wrap...

I can't disagree with any of that either.

I'm not even going to get into the NIL debate, but I'm with you on that. The way teams are these days, it's hard to keep up with who is where, etc.

The thing I absolutely hate about NIL maybe more than anything is how it ***** schools that aren't at the top. You've got a baller or three on your team and it's only a matter of time until one of the elites comes in and snatches him away.

The current gig is that the non-elite schools are just feeder schools for the handful or two at the top. I know it would suck for the players, but I really wish you had to sit a year. Only exceptions, you've graduated or there's a head coaching role.

I bet you’re fun at parties and stuff. Banners are banners. Football hasn’t put one up since I was in 7th grade, so pardon me while I celebrate a great season and winning a conference title like a normal fan

I bet you’re fun at parties and stuff. Banners are banners. Football hasn’t put one up since I was in 7th grade, so pardon me while I celebrate a great season and winning a conference title like a normal fan
I'm not knocking that weak conference or not it's an accomplishment to win the conference championship regular season tournament anything else. But to say we're a basketball school is craziness. That's great we've won recently in basketball. That we have. But if that's what you're saying then let's be real. We should just call this a tennis school. We should call it a swimming school. because that's the only programs we have that are successful. Basketball we're not successful, football we're not successful, baseball we're not successful. So if we're if we're sticking with what we've done recently or anything like that,then yeah great were a tennis school and a swimming school.

Advertisement
We arent a bball school but its been a nice ride under coach L being relevant and a respected top25 team many times over in the historical basketball conference.

It also helps balance our football depression when our baseball and bball are doing well.

Nothing to argue about canes. Enjoy any UM success.

1676750942152.png

Advertisement
We were 23-10 last season with a 10seed ranking and went to the Elite 8..

Lost to eventual champs who played UNC that we throttled in the regular season.

This year we finish 24-6 ACC regular season champs… better team this year… excited to see what we can do.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I can't disagree with any of that either.

I'm not even going to get into the NIL debate, but I'm with you on that. The way teams are these days, it's hard to keep up with who is where, etc.

The thing I absolutely hate about NIL maybe more than anything is how it ***** schools that aren't at the top. You've got a baller or three on your team and it's only a matter of time until one of the elites comes in and snatches him away.

The current gig is that the non-elite schools are just feeder schools for the handful or two at the top. I know it would suck for the players, but I really wish you had to sit a year. Only exceptions, you've graduated or there's a head coaching role.
The lessor programs getting poached by the bigger ones was happening before NIL came about. It’s been that way ever since the transfer portal became a thing.

To your point, NIL has certainly expanded the problem.

I can’t believe I have to post this, but I’m using hyperbole to celebrate our accomplishments in a sport that we have not traditionally succeeded in. Thank you all for pointing out that we are not, in fact, a basketball school.

Advertisement
Back