Bash Bros Domination (Defense only)

snipergang

Redshirt Freshman
Not talking about the offense. The bash bros need to show up. PERIOD. SHAQ ZACH AND PICK... I think Pick has made the most plays this year obv but they all need to show up and make this game memorable.

Im talking about years from sitting back and saying do you remember that hit? sack? INT?

I feel shaq has been ghost .. he needs to show UP !!

Pickney be more consistent in his playmaking plays.

Zach needs to play with the fire he had last week I saw one play where he turned it on... Needs to be all game !!

they need to get together and really show out..besides the hype from last year they havent really lived up to it.

Advertisement
Shaq made more plays last year then this year
I'm gonna bet that I watch Shaq a bit more than you I can tell you which was Shaq best season since he was 7 years old... Over the years I have watched Linebacker Play... when I watch a game I start with the MLB even when my team is on offense... Must people don't realize that a MLB could have a good game without making 1 tackle... by disrupting the Offense... Shaq has more impactful plays this year then he did last year... He will fall short of the numbers he had last year... He has been held 2 times as much this year than he did last year... he has been double team more this year than he did last year.. The big difference with our LB Corp this year compared to last... Last year teams tried to expose them because they were new...This year they were game planned... Last year Diaz kept the D Vanilla to make it simple... this year they can run up to four or five schemes just based on opponent, alignment down and distance and that's every snap.. If [MENTION=5374]HurricaneVision[/MENTION] would have made that comment I would have reevaluate what I thought to be true... but most on here base their facts on what they think is going on

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Not gonna debate Shaq versus Pink. Both are good players.

I agree with the point however is they need to make a big impact in this game. Somebody is gonna have to make some special plays to get that W.

Advertisement

I agree with the point however is they need to make a big impact in this game. Somebody is gonna have to make some special plays to get that W.
Shaq has had some really good games imo... no great games... yet.. this past game was one of his better games did a good job on some plugs and spills pretty good job on the reads Zach had a alright game...but i agree they all will need great games to beat Clemson... and that is also dependent upon the front four slowing down the O Line getting to the second level.. we will have to play our best game Saturday ... everybody Clemson will be the toughest opponent we could face all season followed by Oklahoma

Shaq has had some really good games imo... no great games... yet.. this past game was one of his better games did a good job on some plugs and spills pretty good job on the reads Zach had a alright game...but i agree they all will need great games to beat Clemson... and that is also dependent upon the front four slowing down the O Line getting to the second level.. we will have to play our best game Saturday ... everybody Clemson will be the toughest opponent we could face all season followed by Oklahoma

Comparing Shaq and Mike is like comparing a right shoe to a left glove to have two different functions most of the game in a lot of cases your MLB is to Spill the ball to the WLB and the SAM (when in the box)

Advertisement
I'm gonna bet that I watch Shaq a bit more than you I can tell you which was Shaq best season since he was 7 years old... Over the years I have watched Linebacker Play... when I watch a game I start with the MLB even when my team is on offense... Must people don't realize that a MLB could have a good game without making 1 tackle... by disrupting the Offense... Shaq has more impactful plays this year then he did last year... He will fall short of the numbers he had last year... He has been held 2 times as much this year than he did last year... he has been double team more this year than he did last year.. The big difference with our LB Corp this year compared to last... Last year teams tried to expose them because they were new...This year they were game planned... Last year Diaz kept the D Vanilla to make it simple... this year they can run up to four or five schemes just based on opponent, alignment down and distance and that's every snap.. If [MENTION=5374]HurricaneVision[/MENTION] would have made that comment I would have reevaluate what I thought to be true... but most on here base their facts on what they think is going on

In my humble opinion, the OP is not really understanding what he's seeing on the field. Shaq is just such a smart player. He often sees things before the snap and is trying to make a play right away. It is always my intention to be respectful to all these kids, so I don't say "he's the best" or "that guy is the best" often. I will say this: Pinck and Shaq are playing completely different roles. Pinck had better be making more plays than any other LB just based on what we are doing schematically and the way he takes chances.

For my money, Shaq could make more plays than he does. He tends to be a step late when pass rushing. I don't think he brings his legs consistently and misses tackles or lets the ballcarrier fall forward when he could stop him in the hole. He will never be a huge interception player because he is not an all-world athlete. For the season overall, I would grade Shaq as a "B" year thus far. For a MLB- and what we ask him to do- he's been really, really good. He can play for my team all day, every day because I know what I'm going to get from him. He isn't going to get a ton of sacks because we don't ask him to do that much. He won't get a ton of interceptions because of what we ask him to do and not being an uber athlete. That leaves me with: Where are the forced fumbles? I want to see Shaq make more plays on the ball and create some balls on the ground. I also want to see him "shock" blockers back more often, rather than "absorbing" them. He does that, he moves to the "A" range for me.

Pinck has given up nearly as many plays as he has created for this defense. He's a really good player, but I'd give him a "C+" this year for a lack of gap integrity, turnover worthy plays, and for just being solid. He's a player that gets plays funneled to him as a WLB. He needs to be creating TFL and turnovers from that spot. He needs to be more physical against RB's. I like him a lot, I just expect more next year.

McCloud is not living up to my standards this year, for reasons I've outlined in long posts. I'd give him a "D"quite honestly. There is more in there, and some of what we are asking him to do in coverage is simply not fair. He should be playing 30% of the snaps or fewer, and that's not a slam on him. That's a schematic belief.

Pinckney is more boom/bust than Shaq. Shaq is just steady as **** and a beast. Pinckney makes those plays that get the whole crowd going and we need him to do that Saturday.

they all need to have their best game that we have note seems thus far this year compared to what we expected from them

Not talking about the offense. The bash bros need to show up. PERIOD. SHAQ ZACH AND PICK... I think Pick has made the most plays this year obv but they all need to show up and make this game memorable.

Im talking about years from sitting back and saying do you remember that hit? sack? INT?

I feel shaq has been ghost .. he needs to show UP !!

Pickney be more consistent in his playmaking plays.

Zach needs to play with the fire he had last week I saw one play where he turned it on... Needs to be all game !!

they need to get together and really show out..besides the hype from last year they havent really lived up to it.

Sounds like we have a LB coaching problem. Shaq and Pinckney should be playing All ACC/Elite level.

I like Manny as a DC so minimize his coaching/recruiting role at LB as much as possible. Switching to a 4-2-5 means we would only need 4 decent LBs throughout the season and a lot of DB which we have been recruiting well.

Listen when Manny said "freshman LBs are gonna get worse when they learn the techniques before they get better." I knew Manny wasn't gonna be able to develop LBs. There should never be a point were someone gets worse because of coaching.

Advertisement
@@HurricaneVision I agree ... Shaq is not an effective Pass Rusher the way he is being used... it takes him 3 steps to get going.. so when he shows blitz.. he is very easy to pick up... I would delay blitz him if anything.. Mike is a better pass rusher he has a quick first step and can slip blocks... He struggles with gap integrity because it's hard for him to get off off blocks .. can't slip blocks when you have gap responsibility... He knows.. thats why he wanted the extra weight.. I thinks he help himself in the weight room with some good weight and strength... Zach has both Shaq and Mike good attributes Size..Strength and a quick first step... He doesn't have the natural FB IQ of his counter parts... he could benefit from the film room... all three are ballers and all three need to step up if we are to win the ACC

Shaq is the most consistent linebacker we have so far. He’s not a finish product yet but is continuing to improve. I will say Shaq improving his effectiveness with his blitzes will be big for his overall game

Thank you for the information. There is not doubt the other OCs have been forced to game plan for you boy and his cohorts. This team has obtain results so good that we have forgotten how bad everything was even in the middle of last year. Heck, since Tally I have been expecting nothing less than undefeated and NC. We be Canes that way. Not many of us would have said no to a deal where get to one loss playing the the ACC title game with shot at playoffs. Tell you boy thank you from a Cane who sat in the OB for the gator flop.

Advertisement
Need the LBs to step up overall.. Maybe it's a scheme issue, but the DL has played great this year and the DBs have stepped up and played way above expectations.

The LBs have played sub par compared to expectations for this year

Need the LBs to step up overall.. Maybe it's a scheme issue, but the DL has played great this year and the DBs have stepped up and played way above expectations.

The LBs have played sub par compared to expectations for this year
I agree the D is our strength but you do realize that when a OLineman reaches our LBs 3 yard up field the Deline should be making a tackle behind the LOS or they messed up

Advertisement
Back