Base defense or nickel vs notre dame ?

This game is all about the LBs

cant be taking bad gaps... blowing containment or whoever is spying the QB needs to be on it

I personally think the Dline will have its hands full for 3 quarters till maybe the 4th till we see a sign of life from them mostly because ND has elite and special talent up and down nothing on our guys just two awesome forces duking it out
Our conditioning and DL rotation will definitely be critical if the game is close in the 4th quarter

Advertisement
Less missed assignments? You need to actually know their assignments to make a comment like that.

It seems like we get gashed way too much in our base 4-3. I was pumped when we started playing a 4-4 against VA tech. Stuffed their running game which led to their qb dropping back and getting smacked around.

It seems like we get gashed way too much in our base 4-3. I was pumped when we started playing a 4-4 against VA tech. Stuffed their running game which led to their qb dropping back and getting smacked around.

Were we playing a 4-4 or nickel? I thought we played with 2 LBs for most of the game.

Advertisement

Were we playing a 4-4 or nickel? I thought we played with 2 LBs for most of the game.

The personnel changed throughout but Manny had 4 guys lined up just a few yards behind our 4 down linemen on a lot of first and second downs. Also, do you guys think deelaney should play over Young to give us more physicality on our run stopping? If not, Young's tackling has been a pleasant surprise this year so I'm not too worried about it.

Don't think we will see a lot of nickel

Would be surprised at anything but 4-3 maybe even play a 4-4 as they are horrific in down field throws

That 4-4 last week we went to to shut down their running wild during a series - worked like a champ.

Hope to see more of that to shut down their running game. Man, we flatout shut down that drive.

Our backers tackle Adams and Wimbush it's lights out. They don't, it's a tough game to win.

Advertisement
No McCloud. Can't afford his poor instincts and tackling. I'd go nickel. Give me the guys who are athlete enough to run around blocks and still make the tackle.

I’d put McCloud in 1st quarter. Let him helmet wimbush out of game

Less missed assignments? You need to actually know their assignments to make a comment like that.

And you assume I don’t? It don’t take a rocket scientist to know mccloud is missing his assignment a lot when in base(over run plays , missed tackles)....

Advertisement
Advertisement

And you assume I don’t? It don’t take a rocket scientist to know mccloud is missing his assignment a lot when in base(over run plays , missed tackles)....

You're digging the hole deeper.

Also, tackling isn't an assignment.
Respectfully disagree

That's not really something you can agree or disagree on. Tackling isn't an assignment. Fact. That's like saying "the sky isn't green" and somebody respectfully disagreeing with you.

Advertisement
Back