Base defense, 5 men in the box on Cook's final TD run

Because I am not going to get into a 10 page argument on this. If you want to argue with yourself, fine. I stated pretty clearly that the players blown the tackles. I also stated that the scheme was stupid for this play.

The team was going over the middle with inside the tackle rushes and passes over the middle to the slot (scott) or TE (oleary). Knowing their OL was mauling our DT, you would think you would provide coverage or help over the middle. The closest second line of defense to that same group that was getting their asses kicked was a lone safety 9 yards deep. If you don't think having a body in the circle area below is more important than having a safety so off the screen, you would think their were only 10 men in the play, and this is the correct scheme for this play, then you deserve to keep rooting for Dorito as your D coordinator.
15628197550_73a205c855_o.jpg

First of all, if it were my decision I would give D'Onofrio his walking papers. Alignment wasn't the issue on this play because McCord was in position to make the play and Fentress should have been there.

Advertisement
They were coaching scared all second half.

Our CBs matched up with them the entire game and then Golden/Dorito got queasy and they got scared and we reverted back to playing soft to prevent a big play.

Most coaches see 4 wr in the huddle and they at least go nickel.

We took Kirby and Perryman out of the play from the start. It's ****ing retarded.

they ran that same play from the same formation the play before that where Cook actually got the first down and we where in Nickel with Kirby and DP in the box and literally 3/4 yards from the los. Freaking Kirby went straight b!tchmode and didn't fill at all (dude sat there allowed himself to get blocked and cried about holding smh). If anything be more ****ed that they didn't have Grace on the field instead of Kirby because he was straight dogsh!t on that final drive and that game outside of the lucky strip on Cook. The play before they ran two straight inside zone read plays they hit the screen to Cook again with us playing Nickel and both Lbers in the box and withing 4 yards of los and Kirby went straight b!tchmode there as well and missed a tackle for a 1 yard gain on a 1st and 20. I more ****ed about some of the personnel decisions both offensively and defensively than play calls (I won't even touch the fact that Fentress was the Saftey we either sent on a blitz or walked down into the box on that series).

They were coaching scared all second half.

Our CBs matched up with them the entire game and then Golden/Dorito got queasy and they got scared and we reverted back to playing soft to prevent a big play.

I suspect at this point you have to be trolling. As someone else just pointed out, they had run the same play just before that went for over 10 yards with Cook when we WERE in Nickel with DP and Kirby close to the line. This was 1st and 10 and a 4 WR set. 1 RB in the back field, and a running threat QB. If its a pass, at this point we were rushing 5 guys every other play, so almost certainly someone was going to come on a delayed blitz. McCord played his role perfectly, he maintained containment and was in PERFECT position to make the play, and he whiffed. Flat out whiffed, right at the line. Fentress also hesitated and ended up taking himself out of the play.

There is NOTHING wrong with that alignment. It was 1st and 10 and a 4 WR set.

Advertisement
Well, the results speak for themselves. 5 men in the box and they made us pay and we lost the game.

We lost this game due to coaching and our front four not generating any pressure. We need our four to start creating sacks and that's why No D, and Franklin must go. Jermaine Grace had a good game, so kid Kirby and Perryman. But you can't expect them to do it all when the four is not getting to the qb or penetration in the backfield.

I said I ain't going to argue it anymore, and an argument continues. SMH

Advertisement
We lost this game due to coaching and our front four not generating any pressure. We need our four to start creating sacks and that's why No D, and Franklin must go. Jermaine Grace had a good game, so kid Kirby and Perryman. But you can't expect them to do it all when the four is not getting to the qb or penetration in the backfield.

Denzel and Jermaine played very well. I thought Kirby was serviceable. What we need is an end and/or Jack that can do more than speed rush. I'm looking forward to Muhammad's return. I think Chad could be that guy at end. I really think Tyriq is going to have a monster year in 2015. He's play is much, much better.

Do you see how far Perryman had to travel just to miss that tackle?

Also, go back and watch it, McCord missed him at the LOS because he went unblocked.

Poor scheme. Again.

How is it poor scheme if McCord misses an easy tackle? That's a one yard gain, two at most. He walked Fentress up to 5 to 6 yards off the ball. Fentress takes a bad angle and gets tied up by Roderick Johnson who is second level blocking. So Fentress takes himself out of the play. The dude should have been flying to the ball.

why was fentress on the field again

Denzel and Jermaine played very well. I thought Kirby was serviceable. What we need is an end and/or Jack that can do more than speed rush. I'm looking forward to Muhammad's return. I think Chad could be that guy at end. I really think Tyriq is going to have a monster year in 2015. He's play is much, much better.

Kirby is another one who should a permanent special team player, he misses way to many tackles and whiffs on to many big plays like the interception in his hands.

Advertisement
Back