Barry Sanders

Advertisement
Just a shout...but Melvin Gordon's 2014 season is also absurd. 2740 scrimmage yards and 32 TDs. Sheeeeeeesh. 2014, too.

Kevin Smith had 2809 and 30 TDs, too. Shouts to former Miami RB Coach.
Barry had 2734 scrimmage yards and 37 TDs ....in THREE less games. I'm not knocking you or Melvin; simply pointing out how much more awesome Barry is/was.

Oh and Barry returned kicks in college also - had 3 punt return TDs and 3 KO return TDs in his college career.

Advertisement
He's no Mark Walton.

Best Bengal of all-time. No question

giphy.gif

Advertisement
He’s my 1B behind Jerry Rice.

Can't get mad at that. I loved watching the Niners as a kid. They had a squad! Montana, Rice, Craig, Rathman... That offense was nice.

Rice wasn't a burner, either. That, and his longevity (20 years), are some of the most appealing things about him. The level of success that man had was all work ethic. He worked his *** off. Ever hear about his workouts?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Can't get mad at that. I loved watching the Niners as a kid. They had a squad! Montana, Rice, Craig, Rathman... That offense was nice.

Rice wasn't a burner, either. That, and his longevity (20 years), are some of the most appealing things about him. The level of success that man had was all work ethic. He worked his *** off. Ever hear about his workouts?
Absolutely… he’s the single reason I got into football. Being a young kid in the late 80’s not really knowing anything about football I could tell by watching him he was different and he was the best at doing “whatever it was these guys were doing out there”. I was elementary school when they beat the Bengals in the Super Bowl. I was all in after that.

As an adult I come to find out he’s a bit of a ****head but Imma huge compartmentalizer (gift and a curse) so whatevs.

Absolutely… he’s the single reason I got into football. Being a young kid in the late 80’s not really knowing anything about football I could tell by watching him he was different and he was the best at doing “whatever it was these guys were doing out there”. I was elementary school when they beat the Bengals in the Super Bowl. I was all in after that.

As an adult I come to find out he’s a bit of a ****head but Imma huge compartmentalizer (gift and a curse) so whatevs.

Yeah, these guys are human. Definitely gonna get your fair mix of personalities.

I just know him as the athlete. Not much more tbh.

I dont even think defenses would allow someone to run for rushing yards like that week and week out in todays game. Especially in P5 ball. Lol. Barry Sanders and Okie State can rest assured nobody will ever break those records.
I don't think defenses allowed it then either. Lol.
They couldn't stop him.

Advertisement
Back