Barry Jackson's "Ten things we're hearing"

Advertisement
Burns would've been a five star talent if he never dealt with injury. People are so quick to forget he was invited to be UA all american so early in his high school career

Speed, toughness, incredible intelligence and football instinct. Best of all he's got the same emotional makeup as AR82. You'll never hear of him get into trouble.

If we can get him to stay healthy, watch out.

• What about Dionte Mullins? One UM official said he might have the best hands but worst concentration among the receivers. Talent isn’t a question but the hands aren’t reliable. He was great early in spring ball, then tailed off, and has been OK this fall.

lmfao wept da fuq foh stfu

Honestly...did someone write that?

Can catch anything near him when focused.
Can't catch a cold at times due to concentration issues.

My best shot at unscrambling that statement.

• What about Dionte Mullins? One UM official said he might have the best hands but worst concentration among the receivers. Talent isn’t a question but the hands aren’t reliable. He was great early in spring ball, then tailed off, and has been OK this fall.

Can catch anything near him when focused.
Can't catch a cold at times due to concentration issues.

My best shot at unscrambling that statement.

Sounds like my dog

Advertisement
Lots of Kool-Aid being passed around. But I'm going to drink deeply and ask for seconds. 15 years in the desert makes a man thirsty.

p.s. Just beat the friggin Noles, please! And, Mr. Norton, this time knock out Francois' tooth when you pile drive him to the ground.

Advertisement

Means he can make all the tough catches but only drops balls because of concentration lapses

Good news is Linder transferred. The bad news is as it stands Rick has no one better at the tackle position to replace Dormatt.

Advertisement
Burns would've been a five star talent if he never dealt with injury. People are so quick to forget he was invited to be UA all american so early in his high school career

Speed, toughness, incredible intelligence and football instinct. Best of all he's got the same emotional makeup as AR82. You'll never hear of him get into trouble.

If we can get him to stay healthy, watch out.

This. ^^^^^

Burns has all the tools and is the RB that reminds me the most of past ballers like James, McGahee, Portis, Gore, Bratton, etc..

If he can ever stay healthy, dude is gonna be a MAJOR problem for opposing D's.

I remember watching Burns highlights a while back thinking that there was no way that the film was from his sophomore year.

Healthy Burns= RB depth issue solved.

Advertisement
Yes he is scheduled to play and yes I hope he surprises us all by staying healthy. He'll pass Choc in one possession.

Keeping an eye on Burns. If he can stay healthy he has the talent to be great at UM. IF.

That's one gigantic "if."

I'll be surprised if he ever plays a down.

Isn't Burns scheduled to play against Bethune? You're setting yourself up for surprise just 4 days away?

Beat writers hate that Joe went pro. It was a bad decision but man they go out of their way to hammer him for it.

I don't agree with the piling up on one dude but somebody's got to be honest with these kids and show the bad side of leaving early. When all you hear is how great you are and how well you'll do in the league, you're more likely to make a poor decision. ****, half this board thought Joe made the right decision despite the NFL draft board literally telling him "you're not going to get drafted".

Foolish some of these kids wanna take a risk without a back up plan. He has a chance of getting a prestigious degree and still being in the RB rotation, but elects to enter a draft where nobody predicted he would be drafted.

Advertisement
Back