Barry Jackson's chatter column on recruiting class...

Armbrister is dead weight now?

The stupidity of posters here never ceases to amaze me.

Advertisement
I think we've sucked for so long you guys have really forgotten what a Miami quality player should look like.

Here's a hint - guys like Ambrister are what get you ranked in the 100's of every statistical category.

Is it better to stand on the sideline and do nothing or stand on the field and do the same?

TA for all intents and purposes is a good hard working kid but he should not be seeing snaps at UM

armbrister gets on the field. there are others who have done nothing

Advertisement
I dont have a problem with gray shirting as long as that is communicated to these kids as a possibility.

honestly, since its clear we arent getting 6. I would not be completely devastated if we pulled in Jermaine Grace. This kid is a monster.

honestly, since its clear we arent getting 6. I would not be completely devastated if we pulled in Jermaine Grace. This kid is a monster.

It's not clear we aren't getting 6 and Grace is an awesome football player in his own right.

Advertisement
So, essentially, we have six of the following as silents?

Bostwick
Bryant
Thomas
Collins
Coley
Grace
Edwards
Brooks
Lockley

A UM source. I am not buying any of this BS about total commitments.

I think we sign at least 7 more kids and 1 more that Preps (Lockley)

Bostwick
Bryant
Thomas
Collins
Coley
Grace
Edwards
Brooks
Lockley

I believe this mess started before Edwards and Lockley started their visits so I doubt they are the silent Jackson is alluding to.

Ok, someone come on here and convince me we have 21 openings. I thought that number was pretty solid but according to Berry it is not that many.

I don't think Al got crazy like us on the board when the NCAA S*** hit the fan... He is still w/holding scholarships to probably buy as many brownie points when we finally do go before the Infractions Committee... OR.... That lawsuit that supposedly is going to be filed by UM is suppose to be to get us off with time served only... If cutting 3 or 4 scholarships this season helps our case in both those scenarios then I'm all for it.

I never bought that argument either. Golden is not going to change his self-imposed scholarship plan when it remains unclear if the NCAA's bull**** investigative tactics will actually result in lower sanctions.

Advertisement

Bostwick
Bryant
Thomas
Collins
Coley
Grace
Edwards
Brooks
Lockley

I believe this mess started before Edwards and Lockley started their visits so I doubt they are the silent Jackson is alluding to.

Then an EDIT to 6 of:

Bostwick
Bryant
Thomas
Collins
Coley
Grace
Brooks

PLUS: Edwards and possibly Lockley?

Is it better to stand on the sideline and do nothing or stand on the field and do the same?

TA for all intents and purposes is a good hard working kid but he should not be seeing snaps at UM

armbrister gets on the field. there are others who have done nothing

Logic dictates that if he's on the field he's better than the guys on the sidelines - in the eyes of the coaches.

Why would you release him from his scholarship?

Sorry but I just find it hard to believe that Al sent out designated "Luca Brasi's" to our top 6 guys and gave them the "are you in or out" speech. Which would explain the 17 silents. Guys like Collins, Bryant, Thomas, and Bostwick I think we just have to wait for. I think Bennett told Barrow that Coley was in. Notice I said Bennett told Barrow. I dont see Coley being the type to fall for the ultimatums. Just my opinion in following his recruitment. I think Grace told the staff he was in. I think TBrooks told the staff he was in. And I think we have one surprise. (we usually always do.) So by my count that is 13-14 maybe?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back