Barry Jackson Tweet 12-3-21

Advertisement
Maybe by "momma", he meant "alma mater"...

What does alma mater mean literally?

nourishing mother

The phrase is Latin and translates as “nourishing mother” (alma can also be interpreted as “dear,” “kind,” or “bountiful”).
He's referring to Bear Bryant's explanation for why he left AM, a better program at the time, for Alabama, his alma mater:

"Momma called. And when Momma calls, you just have to come runnin'."

/Apologies if you were being sarcastic

Advertisement
I do feel pretty bad for ol' Manny right now. I get it he's being paid a nice salary, but he's also now being publicly humiliated.

His wife is going out on a date with a dude while he sits at home hoping she says no. That's rough.

Advertisement
There is no ******* way this is happening without knowing for sure that Mario will come or not. I'm the mopiest of the mopes, but even I don't believe we are going to "make a presentation." This **** has to be in the bag

yeah, I don't think the egos involved would go into this blindly and roll the dice this way.

Well, Mario came to see his mother...... to whisper in her ear.........

1638559171227.png

Advertisement
I do feel pretty bad for ol' Manny right now. I get it he's being paid a nice salary, but he's also now being publicly humiliated.

His wife is going out on a date with a dude while he sits at home hoping she says no. That's rough.
Just remember how you felt after we lost to La Tech, FIU, got humiliated on national tv by Bama, and lost to our most hated rival who didn't even make a bowl game. Rekindle that vengeful anger.

or he can put his best foot forward and just say "f'it, can I watch?"

Advertisement
He's referring to Bear Bryant's explanation for why he left AM, a better program at the time, for Alabama, his alma mater:

"Momma called. And when Momma calls, you just have to come runnin'."

/Apologies if you were being sarcastic

I was being somewhat sarcastic (as per usual). I know the quote, but I also wasn't sure if a lot of people know what "alma mater" means. No big deal, we both go to the same spot.

Advertisement
Back