Barry Jackson notes and mike rumph thoughts on the corner depth

Advertisement
I must’ve been mistaken; I thought someone posted on here that LSU cooled on him? Did I misread or misunderstand?
From what I have read on here over the past year, one side says lsu and bama cooled on him, and the other said they both wanted him. Maybe they were just keeping in contact with him for a last resort. Either way I'm glad he is here.

Advertisement
Lol @ The Rumph defenders in this thread.

1. Shame on you @brock for trying to discredit our DB history. So I’m going to randomly throw some names out there off the top of my dome & I may be all over the place:

-Ryan McNeil : 2nd round pick, pro bowler, lead league in interceptions either in 96 or 97.

-Duane Starks: 1st round pick, SB champion

-Antrel Rolle: 1st round pick, 3x PB, SB champion

-Mike Rumph: 1st round pick

-Phillip Buchanan: 1st round pick

-Kelly Jennings: 1st round pick

-Bennie Blades: 1st round pick, PB, and All Pro

-DeMarcus Van Dyke: 3rd round pick

-Brandon Harris: 2nd round pick

-Artie Burns: 1st round pick

I know I’m missing some earlier guys, but this is just the CB group, not even counting the S group. We’ve pumped out 1st - 3rd round CB talent. That’s not including guys drafted later rounds or undrafted who hung around the league & made PB appearances (Earl Little & Sam Shields). What these guys did at the next level, you are correct, most didn’t do much. The point that @Dwinstitles was making was kids hear “From The University of Miami” in the 1st or 2nd round, that’s **** to them.

Lol @ Rumph defenders talking about his recruiting acumen. Lol. Rumph has been here for 5 yrs. We have 4 CBs on the roster, currently, 1 CB on the way, and another who’s an ATH trying to become a CB. Lol. 6 CBs on the roster in a 5 yr recruiting period! GTFOH.

So let’s talk recruiting:

2016:
You don’t get props for last minute offering Malek Young when guys like @Liberty City El was clamoring for us to offer him well b4 Rumph offered in 2016. Btw, he had no choice to offer him b/c he struck out on EVERY DB in 16. Young was our only recruit. (1st yr, so we’ll give him a pass). Well, Young got injured unfortunately, so that wipes out the 16 class.

2017:
You would THINK he would’ve went big in the recruiting dept for 17 since we only took 1 CB in 16....welp, u would be wrong. Richt had to step in and apologize to Bandy for the previous staff overlooking him. But Bandy did commit, and Rumph “beat” Bama for a JUCO CB in Dean. So we recruited one guy w/ 3-4 yrs of eligibility & another w 2yrs eligibility. The latter sucked & contributed nothing, with the former had one great freshman yr b/c he played slot, like he should, but b/c of the lack of CB depth, was forced to play boundary and became exposed every year thereafter. Neither are here.....that wipes out the 17 class

2018:
Coming of Miami’s first 10 win season in a minute, and first ever ACCCG appearance, surely Rumph would take advantage of such momentum:
Coach Brown did: (Lo, Cam, George <1 ranked FB>)
Coach Dugans did (Pope, Hightower, Ezzard)
Coach Hartley did (Jordan, Mallory)
Coach Banda did (Hall, Frierson, Ivey (sorry Brock, Banda took lead on him. Lol)
Coach Searels did (Scaife, Reed)

But Rumph.....Rumph was in cruise control. Blades Jr recommitted on Father’s Day. Rumph has some aces in his back pocket though...The Heritage Boys. Matter of fact, this was his sole purpose of being here. Surely his relationship w Campbell since he was a kid, and Surtain II as a teen would get one of two. Nope! We were left w/ 0. So we settled for Nigel Bethel as a consolation. Oh, Bethel ain't here. lol.

So far, in 3 yrs, Rumph is responsible for 1 CB on the roster.

2019:
After an unmitigated disaster of a season, ironically this was Rumph’s best yr as a recruiter, recruiting both Couch & Williams. And it filled a need, one boundary, one slot/nickel. Here’s the problem....we only took 2 CBs this class. Both were last minute pick ups, and thank God they were. We were this close to striking out on every 19 DB. With our lack of depth, we should’ve NEVER been in this position.

2020:
Looking at the CB room, again Rumph was this close to striking out on CBs. He got a last minute flip of Dunson (considered a 4 star) and Clarke, which is an ATH.

So can we recap Rumph’s tenure as a recruiter:
2016: 1 CB recruited (Injured)
2017: 2 CB recruited (Both gone)
2018: 2 CB recruited (1 gone, 1 here)
2019: 2 CB recruited (both here)
2020: 1 CB recruited / 1 ATH recruited (2 here)

Rumph has recruited 4 CBs on roster and 1 converted CB. 5 CB recruits on roster he’s responsible for, in 5 yrs!! GTFOH!

And LOL at his teaching abilities. Dean, sucked. Delaney went from a 4th round prospect at The Citadel to undraftable after one yr here. Bandy got progressively worst, and will become undrafted. Colbert is what we’re hanging our hats on, huh? M Jax actually slipped a bit from year 3 to year 4 and his draft stock slipped, as well. Blades is the hope for Rumph to get some sort of rep.

TBH, I’m not a Rumph fan...don’t think he should be on staff. His sole job was class of 18 and he failed miserably. Our CB room is a hot mess, and it’s directly on him. 5 CB recruits on roster in 5 yrs under his watch is un f’ing believable.
End thread

Advertisement
What else would you expect from a dumb ninja who be in their feelings?
I showed you the all in the family 2019 gif caping for JW, JT4 and Rumph. Assuming there’s a season, which 3 are his likely adoptees? I’m sticking with Rumph and throwing in Pope as 2 of them.

What else would you expect from a dumb ninja who be in their feelings?
Dumb ninja? Chill out yo , you clearly taking this sh*t too far. Sound like you in your feelings if you ask me
1585879565566.png
. This sh*t ain’t even serious and is just a regular football discussion to me at least

Last edited:
Advertisement
Dumb ninja? Chill out yo , you clearly taking this sh*t too far. Sound like you in your feelings if you ask me View attachment 114613. This sh*t ain’t even serious and is just a regular football discussion to me at least

well to be fair, you like your beef well done and you think drake is hip hop royalty... @Rellyrell is old school west coast and I’m old school ny, but we both agree Drake blows

😜

Advertisement
Not sure what you have against rumph. He develops who he gets, and has done great when we had grad transfers.

He has signed a top 25-ranked corner (on each of the past 3 recruiting cycles (all 4 stars, I add), which included 3 4-star recruits in 2018 all coveted by everyone.

His two starting corners for this season were both 2018 class 4 stars, with the 3rd now starting at striker.

I really don’t get the rumph slander. Like it makes zero sense. You’re mad we didn’t get Surtain or Campbell? Did we make it to the playoff? If not then we won’t get those kids. It is what it is. He’s made starters out of the talent we got, which was recruited by everyone and their mother as well. If blades went to bama y’all been crowning him.

As Chris Rock said on that Rozay intro- sit down in the corner, shut the **** up, and take notes, *****.

The great thing about wine, is it gets better with age, you don't have to do anything, like your poRst. 3 viable CBs heading into Game 2, and that's before any injuries.

Lol @ The Rumph defenders in this thread.

1. Shame on you @brock for trying to discredit our DB history. So I’m going to randomly throw some names out there off the top of my dome & I may be all over the place:

-Ryan McNeil : 2nd round pick, pro bowler, lead league in interceptions either in 96 or 97.

-Duane Starks: 1st round pick, SB champion

-Antrel Rolle: 1st round pick, 3x PB, SB champion

-Mike Rumph: 1st round pick

-Phillip Buchanan: 1st round pick

-Kelly Jennings: 1st round pick

-Bennie Blades: 1st round pick, PB, and All Pro

-DeMarcus Van Dyke: 3rd round pick

-Brandon Harris: 2nd round pick

-Artie Burns: 1st round pick

I know I’m missing some earlier guys, but this is just the CB group, not even counting the S group. We’ve pumped out 1st - 3rd round CB talent. That’s not including guys drafted later rounds or undrafted who hung around the league & made PB appearances (Earl Little & Sam Shields). What these guys did at the next level, you are correct, most didn’t do much. The point that @Dwinstitles was making was kids hear “From The University of Miami” in the 1st or 2nd round, that’s **** to them.

Lol @ Rumph defenders talking about his recruiting acumen. Lol. Rumph has been here for 5 yrs. We have 4 CBs on the roster, currently, 1 CB on the way, and another who’s an ATH trying to become a CB. Lol. 6 CBs on the roster in a 5 yr recruiting period! GTFOH.

So let’s talk recruiting:

2016:
You don’t get props for last minute offering Malek Young when guys like @Liberty City El was clamoring for us to offer him well b4 Rumph offered in 2016. Btw, he had no choice to offer him b/c he struck out on EVERY DB in 16. Young was our only recruit. (1st yr, so we’ll give him a pass). Well, Young got injured unfortunately, so that wipes out the 16 class.

2017:
You would THINK he would’ve went big in the recruiting dept for 17 since we only took 1 CB in 16....welp, u would be wrong. Richt had to step in and apologize to Bandy for the previous staff overlooking him. But Bandy did commit, and Rumph “beat” Bama for a JUCO CB in Dean. So we recruited one guy w/ 3-4 yrs of eligibility & another w 2yrs eligibility. The latter sucked & contributed nothing, with the former had one great freshman yr b/c he played slot, like he should, but b/c of the lack of CB depth, was forced to play boundary and became exposed every year thereafter. Neither are here.....that wipes out the 17 class

2018:
Coming of Miami’s first 10 win season in a minute, and first ever ACCCG appearance, surely Rumph would take advantage of such momentum:
Coach Brown did: (Lo, Cam, George <1 ranked FB>)
Coach Dugans did (Pope, Hightower, Ezzard)
Coach Hartley did (Jordan, Mallory)
Coach Banda did (Hall, Frierson, Ivey (sorry Brock, Banda took lead on him. Lol)
Coach Searels did (Scaife, Reed)

But Rumph.....Rumph was in cruise control. Blades Jr recommitted on Father’s Day. Rumph has some aces in his back pocket though...The Heritage Boys. Matter of fact, this was his sole purpose of being here. Surely his relationship w Campbell since he was a kid, and Surtain II as a teen would get one of two. Nope! We were left w/ 0. So we settled for Nigel Bethel as a consolation. Oh, Bethel ain't here. lol.

So far, in 3 yrs, Rumph is responsible for 1 CB on the roster.

2019:
After an unmitigated disaster of a season, ironically this was Rumph’s best yr as a recruiter, recruiting both Couch & Williams. And it filled a need, one boundary, one slot/nickel. Here’s the problem....we only took 2 CBs this class. Both were last minute pick ups, and thank God they were. We were this close to striking out on every 19 DB. With our lack of depth, we should’ve NEVER been in this position.

2020:
Looking at the CB room, again Rumph was this close to striking out on CBs. He got a last minute flip of Dunson (considered a 4 star) and Clarke, which is an ATH.

So can we recap Rumph’s tenure as a recruiter:
2016: 1 CB recruited (Injured)
2017: 2 CB recruited (Both gone)
2018: 2 CB recruited (1 gone, 1 here)
2019: 2 CB recruited (both here)
2020: 1 CB recruited / 1 ATH recruited (2 here)

Rumph has recruited 4 CBs on roster and 1 converted CB. 5 CB recruits on roster he’s responsible for, in 5 yrs!! GTFOH!

And LOL at his teaching abilities. Dean, sucked. Delaney went from a 4th round prospect at The Citadel to undraftable after one yr here. Bandy got progressively worst, and will become undrafted. Colbert is what we’re hanging our hats on, huh? M Jax actually slipped a bit from year 3 to year 4 and his draft stock slipped, as well. Blades is the hope for Rumph to get some sort of rep.

TBH, I’m not a Rumph fan...don’t think he should be on staff. His sole job was class of 18 and he failed miserably. Our CB room is a hot mess, and it’s directly on him. 5 CB recruits on roster in 5 yrs under his watch is un f’ing believable.
WOW!!! Since you put it like that...... @Rellyrell, why is he still HERE?? This is a disgrace and on top of that he did **** on Miami when he was telling his players to look else where in recruiting, ( when he was HC at that HS). He's not who he says he is, he needs the ax ans quick!!

Great job Rell! Thanks for your insight and putting it into perspective.

Advertisement
Back