Barry Jackson notes and mike rumph thoughts on the corner depth

Fact of the matter is all of the returning dbs should have a jump in their game. Jaquan johnson, redwine, Michael jackson all saw it in their 3rd years. And majority of the dbs in the two deep have played far more ball than those 3 did in their first 2 years at Miami.
Agree a Jump in this 3rd is year is expected. And for the most agree fully .. except i don’t think the others have played far more ball ..

Johnson played Nickel/S rover position his fresh and soph years and played quite a bit ..

Redwine Similar to Ivey in the sense a little special teams fr year .. then a lot of snaps part time starter the next ..

But regardless it’s sink or swim .. heavy comp among the 4.

Advertisement
Bruh these one year grad transfer OTs are trash it’s in the Bible
7FD5E893-9234-493B-A653-A9A3D9607430.gif

Advertisement
Pope ran one route in HS. He was very overrated by many. This should be no surprise to the guys that follow this ****.

Brock just loves pumping sunshine.

I’m good with any corner > Ivey. He’s too slow and his technique is hot trash

If Ivey can’t man up, Couch will take his snaps. Barring injury we’ll be okay. But Rumph is blowing sunshine when he knows he’s lost a ton of recruiting battles without good Plan B options over the years. Even several of those Plan B kids blew him off.

Pope ran one route in HS. He was very overrated by many. This should be no surprise to the guys that follow this ****.

Sunshine pump because I’m not giving up on pope? what?

Advertisement
I hope Christian Williams makes more of a jump than Ivey did last off season. I'm tired of getting smoke blown up my a ss about these dudes being ready then they sh it the bed during games.

Pope hasn’t lived up to his expectations. Hopefully he gets his head screwed about on a starts to succeed in the new offense. As for corners, we NEEED Christian Williams to step up. I was kinda hoping we would add a transfer in a CB in the offseason.

Advertisement
We’ll know the story on pope this year , if he can’t ball in this system it’s ok to say he was overrated or a bust. It’s a tad early for that . And I’m as hard on him as anyone.

Advertisement
I hope Christian Williams makes more of a jump than Ivey did last off season. I'm tired of getting smoke blown up my a ss about these dudes being ready then they sh it the bed during games.
I remember people were saying Ivey is another Artie Burns. Get that **** out of here. Ivey had like one good game last year.

Blades
Ivey
Christian Williams
Tecory couch
Isaiah dunson
Marchs Clarke

Is a talented group. Why wouldn’t he like his most talented cb room since he’s been at Miami?

Our corners can be very good if Baker calls the defense to their strengths. Blades and Ivey are not very good at man but with their length they can excel in zone coverage.

Who are these grad transfer ots Miami ends up with? Using Tommie Kennedy as a precursor of why you shouldn’t recruit a grad transfer OT is an utterly ridiculous assertion.

Secondly, the true freshman cbs won’t be needed as much next year anyways as the 4th and 5th corners have barely even played here. They can play a 5th and 6th role on a team which is not a lot of snaps anyway. Christian Williams and tecory couch should be next up and are talented enough to play extensively for Miami next year

Brock you must’ve forgot about Boulware & Brown....couple that w Kennedy? We’re 0-3 regarding graduate OL transfers.

Advertisement
Back