Barry Jackson article

I meant your hot take about which WR might transfer.

Oh, right. So many hot takes it gets confusing.

I'm not super high on anyone except Richards. I do think Berrios will play a lot.

Dallas, Thomas, Harley, Mullins have an element of explosiveness that will get them on the field.

I hope Cager becomes a great player but a lot has changed at WR since he got injured.

I'm a little worried about our WR's this year. I havent seen much from Cager. And relying on true freshman can be tough. Somebody needs to step up big time and take the attention off 82. Fall camp is gonna separate the dogs from the cats.

Might sound outrageous but Berrios is the likeliest guy to start alongside Richards imo.

Quite the opposite. It's nearly a sure thing. Richt glowed about Berrios in his last WQAM appearance with Joe Rose, both from a maturity and field play perspective. Even if Cager, Mullins and the freshmen start flashing later in the season. Berrios is #2 in September. And I think he'll give Braxton a lot of looks because he's trying to establish a strong enough second threat to pull coverage off Richards.

Advertisement
This latest quote about Mullins was made up by Barry imo. The coaches are on vacation so he's just regurgitating what he was told by Dugans in the spring.

Dugans after the spring:

“He's still maturing,” receivers coach Ron Dugans said. “I've just got to get him to play consistent. That's what you look for when you're going with the first group. Guys have to go out and perform in the run game and pass game. He's done a good job for us.”

today's "quote":

Even though receiver Dionte Mullins made progress this spring, a UM official cautioned against anointing him, noting his play leveled off late in spring. “I've just got to get him to play consistent,” receivers coach Ron Dugans said.

I'm going to tip my hat to you for an excellent catch.

This sneaky motherfūcker just recycled an old quote. For all we know Mullins is overcoming his consistency problems, but since Barry hasn't been on campus in two months, how would he know.

Ya'll ever notice how everytime there's some sort of interview, the Herald, PB Post, and SunSentinel produce the exact same "article" within 3 hours of on another?

Sometimes they literally use the same quotes/phrases

Aren't the coaches offices overlooking the practice fields???

I thought they were so it is really easy to " oversee" practice.youd be amazed at how much info you can get and transmit over a Walky Talky....lol

Aren't the coaches offices overlooking the practice fields???

I thought they were so it is really easy to " oversee" practice.youd be amazed at how much info you can get and transmit over a Walky Talky....lol

That and several strategically placed "security" cams...

Hopefully they're not going too hard at Norton and McIntosh this early because it might ring as "they're looking out for themselves and not us" type of deal.

Give them the info from the last couple drafts. Guys who play DT are almost always better served to put up as much college film as possible. Set a general tone in the program that leaving early is usually stupid. But don't go too hard at them specifically yet.

I really hope Diaz and Kool limit their live reps as much as possible while still getting their work in. I really don't believe both will leave early but obviously that is just a belief.

Advertisement
Exactly. How the **** would Dugans know if Mullins had made any progress since spring? The coaches are all on vacation and can't participate in any practices until fall. Everything going on now is voluntary and/or player run.

Barry was referring to an unnamed UM official of what was said about Mullins late in the spring that his progress tailed off. Dugan's quote was a rehash of what he said during the spring but corroborate s the point that Mullin is inconsistent. Nothing sinister by Barry here, folks.

Sounds like Mullins better tighten up come fall camp... Richt has an itchy trigger finger.

Didn't sound like he was running afoul, but it did sound like he wasn't working as hard as someone with more than a few question marks should be that's for sure.

However i get what you're saying. Would be a shame if he allowed freshman to pass him up because of lazy, but wasn't that the report coming out of HS? Lazy is usually not a trait that changes unfortunately.
I wouldn't go as far to say lazy, but if he's still struggling with the playbook or if it's a matter of effort he could be someone who's clock is ticking.

Plus, the WR room is crowded with 3 incoming Frosh & Dayall Harris still there & playing pretty well in the Spring.

It's purely speculation on my part, so I'm not "reporting" anything, just making the observation & deducing from what we've seen about Richt is that he tends to get rid of guys who for whatever reason just don't make their way on the field.

I actually like Mullins a lot & hope he steps it up this year.

I didn't think you were reporting at all. I also think your reply was on the money as well. Lazy may not have been the best word, but usually if you can't learn the play book that is a lack of effort a lot of times.

I hope he steps up as well. Would be nice to not have to count on the frosh as much as we already have/need too.

Spring game of 2016, when berrios lead the game in recieving5yards i belive, who was he going against? Was it a starter like corn or an average CB like redwine or jackson?

I'm not super high on anyone except Richards. I do think Berrios will play a lot.

Dallas, Thomas, Harley, Mullins have an element of explosiveness that will get them on the field.

I hope Cager becomes a great player but a lot has changed at WR since he got injured.

I'm a little worried about our WR's this year. I havent seen much from Cager. And relying on true freshman can be tough. Somebody needs to step up big time and take the attention off 82. Fall camp is gonna separate the dogs from the cats.

Might sound outrageous but Berrios is the likeliest guy to start alongside Richards imo.

I don't think it's outrageous. If the ball gets near him, he'll snatch it. And he's quick in his routes. And he's reliable.

Advertisement

I don't think it's outrageous. If the ball gets near him, he'll snatch it. And he's quick in his routes. And he's reliable.

Real heady player. Brings his lunch pail to work.

Berrios mentioned about being back in the slot now on Joe Rose. I think they want him there majority of snaps this year with decent depth at the outside WR positions. I think Cager, Harris or Mullins will start at other spot and Thomas will get spot later in the year

Cager will start opposite Richards with Berrios in the slot.

While Berrios may start the season at WR2, I'd be very surprised if Thomas doesn't doesn't quickly move into that spot. His talent is on a different level than the other WR's.

Advertisement
While Berrios may start the season at WR2, I'd be very surprised if Thomas doesn't doesn't quickly move into that spot. His talent is on a different level than the other WR's.
I agree for the most part but Berrios will always see significant time here. The Berrios haters are in for a long year.

Advertisement

Cager is the forgotten one of the receiver group in terms of pure talent. He is not a blazer but has deceptive speed. What he lacks in creating separation against faster corners, he more than makes up for by being 6'5" and actually high pointing the ball. Most DB's won't have a chance.

Ding ding ding We have a winner! Johnny, give that man a prize!

This give them the most variety of skill sets. Cager is the big body guy who can move the chains. Berrios is the quick slot guy (at least to start the season) and Richards is the game breaker on the outside.

from Barry Jackson's article today: “Al Blades has come a long way, matured a lot. He's like [longtime NFL corner] Asante Samuel." “Hightower is a physical freak, can take over a game. He’s a beast." “Jobe is an elite player; one of the top corners in the state and versatile enough like Amari Rolle to play corner or safety. Instant impact player. Gurvan Hall is one of my favorite players; very physical, can play run and pass; very good ball skills and will contribute right away…."

A look at UM's top-rated 2018 recruiting class and remaining targets | Miami Herald

Ding ding ding We have a winner! Johnny, give that man a prize!

This give them the most variety of skill sets. Cager is the big body guy who can move the chains. Berrios is the quick slot guy (at least to start the season) and Richards is the game breaker on the outside.

Doesnt matter who starts - we will rotate 6 WR's in the first few games..... unless MR holds back a Frosh for a surprise at FSU

Advertisement
Back