Barry Jackson Article Ft. Ivey/Ford/Few etc.

yeah but those guys were all known bums. I didn't expect anybody on Golden's staff nor Richt's offense to do anything. Kuligowski came here with all these accolades and this incredible reputation.
he recruited horribly but I remember most ppl here thinking Joe Jackson would be a 1st rd pick.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Ahmon was the last freshman to come in and ball out. Just don’t see how other schools have true freshmen come in and start and be successful from Bama down to Tulane and yet we can’t get our 4*s to crack the starting lineup till their juniors. Yet their buried behind upperclassmen that play like *** for 2-3 years

thanks for posting OP

I think everyone on the board agrees Ivey is playing like garbage but it's very evident to anyone with a brain that nobody is better than him on the depth chart. Hopefully Williams steps up and we bring in some talent, potentially a portal gem in the offseason.

with covid and all these shenanigans I don't believe coaches who were expecting a hot seat will truly face the heat this season unless absolute catastrophe, however Manny knows him and Baker are on thin ice. If they had someone would better than Ivey then they would play them.
Well it won't be Williams ...

Advertisement
Ford is this year's Pat Bethel. Probably a really nice guy who will hold his ground most of the time, but doesn't make plays in the backfield or get near the QB. However, I will say it was refreshing to see Miller in there early rotating with Silvera and Ford. Same with Brooks, Bolden, Couch. Not sure we need to play 5 LBs. I think there's likely a precipitous drop-off from Roche and Phillips to their backups so we won't see much of the freshmen DEs.

I know I've beaten this dead horse into ash.................Miller is our best DT and it's not even close anymore

Ahmon was the last freshman to come in and ball out. Just don’t see how other schools have true freshmen come in and start and be successful from Bama down to Tulane and yet we can’t get our 4*s to crack the starting lineup till their juniors. Yet their buried behind upperclassmen that play like *** for 2-3 years
because we value guys that have been in the system for years and know the system: mind you these experience guys are never in position to make any plays, but know where they are suppose to be. Tried following that reason.

because we value guys that have been in the system for years and know the system: mind you these experience guys are never in position to make any plays, but know where they are suppose to be. Tried following that reason.
It's not really that hard. Being in position, and crappy, and you miss on a bunch of plays. Being out of position, and good, and you miss on 100% of the plays.

Advertisement
"Reed can be on the field during games, but not on the sidelines. He can speak to recruits by phone or on Zoom as long as he does not make the phone call himself."
Based on this Barry Jackson statement then Ed is an ambassador, advisor, and liaison, NOT an active Coach like so many on CIS thought.
My take is that he can be more useful to the Coaches than the players in his observations, because he knows what it takes, and after Coaches make contact,.......... hand off to him with recruits.

Advertisement
Back