Barry Jackson article 8-15

I said a while back Frieson will end up at Saftey which is not at all a bad thing
That honestly probably depends if we land Jordan Battle, Tyrique Stevenson, and/or Mark Richards.

Like if we somehow got all 3 of those we don't gotta worry about safety till ****** 2022-2023

Advertisement
With Dean stepping up and the great things coaches have said about Ivey and Blades, I am starting to get a great feeling about this secondary. Frierson was not mentioned but I'm not at all worried about him. I know he will bring it.

Put that together with the LB corps and star power of Shaq and Pink plus the depth we have there and I am genuinely excited about this defense and what they could achieve this year. Now if that isnt enough just show me another team that can match our talent and depth at DE. I'll put our top 5 DE's against anyone in the country. Also if there is a better DE tandem than JJ and Garvin then show them to me.

At DT I'll go to battle with guys like Willis, Ford, Bethel, Tito, Silvera and Miller any day. We are finally beginning to see what a real UM defense is supposed to look like. The best part is that this is only the beginning. We will become deeper and more talented in the years to come. The next 4-5 years are going to be fun to watch and be a part of. Gentlemen, we stand on the threshold of next golden age of Hurricane Football and it can't get here soon enough. #Hit Stick and Bust D**k!

With Dean stepping up and the great things coaches have said about Ivey and Blades, I am starting to get a great feeling about this secondary. Frierson was not mentioned but I'm not at all worried about him. I know he will bring it.

Put that together with the LB corps and star power of Shaq and Pink plus the depth we have there and I am genuinely excited about this defense and what they could achieve this year. Now if that isnt enough just show me another team that can match our talent and depth at DE. I'll put our top 5 DE's against anyone in the country. Also if there is a better DE tandem than JJ and Garvin then show them to me. At DT I'll go to battle with guys like Willis, Ford, Bethel, Tito, Silvera and Miller any day. We are finally beginning to see what a real UM defense is supposed to look like. The best part is that this is only the beginning. We will become deeper and more talented in the years to come. The next 4-5 years are going to be fun to watch and be a part of. Gentlemen, we stand on the threshold of next golden age of Hurricane Football and it can't get here soon enough. #Hit Stick and Bust D**k!
What about Gilbert freirson ??? What's the 411

What about Gilbert freirson ??? What's the 411
Nothing is the deal. He was not singled out for praise by Rumph in this article but I'm not the least bit concerned about Frierson. He is an insanely talented DB with great length, agility, awareness and ball skills. You can expect him to really bring it in the next scrimmage. It's not just that we are finally bringing in Miami caliber athletes. It is the intense competition between them that will elevate this defense and this team to a championship level.

One more thing in Frierson. Coming in I thought that Safety would be his ideal position on this level. He is still one heck of a CB prospect but I wouldn't rule out a potential switch to Safety next spring. Either way I expect him to turn into an excellent player.

Advertisement
Both Frierson and D. Smith should play safety in 2019 imo.

CB: Bandy, Ivey, Blades, Bethel, Couch, Brownlee, Good

S: Carter, Hall, D. Smith, Frierson, Knowles, K. Smith

I like Smith as a backer, we need more athletic backers imo

Advertisement
Back