Barber vs Pat vs T2

Barber 1st, then T2, followed by Patrick. If I’m greedy I want all three but I have a feeling there’s going to be a couple of shocking announcements in favor of our Canes come December 16th.

Advertisement
I’m picking T2 because i just can’t watch our linebackers look that bad anymore

Advertisement
Agreed I don’t think they think it’s worth it to blow your load at CB.
I, along with other posters, and @Lance Roffers, have discussed the qualitative impacts to your team and being in the top tier category of CFB, as it relates to CB recruiting in this age of pass first offense. On Defense, you have to have both a pass rush and sticky cover guys.

it’s been well documented that Belicheat and now Brian Flores prioritize CB play over pass rush.

I’m picking T2 because i just can’t watch our linebackers look that bad anymore
James Williams and T2 in the middle of the field with decent D line play (which we have shown we can recruit/develop) is a nightmare for other teams. O line has enough guys coming and I believe in Justice's ability to develop starting caliber guys. Even with the limited group he was given for this year, the O line hasn't been a major issue.

In college football, from a purely data standpoint, the most valuable positions are QB *huge gap* CB, WR, DE, DT, OT.

As a guy who watches the film of these LB's each week, it's hard not to pick a freak athlete like T2. Coaches have more information about the character than I do, but if they feel comfortable, he's a talent.

Obviously have to increase the numbers at CB in some way. You won't continue to go every year with minimal CB injuries, need at least seven that can actually see the field in a season.

In college football, from a purely data standpoint, the most valuable positions are QB *huge gap* CB, WR, DE, DT, OT.

As a guy who watches the film of these LB's each week, it's hard not to pick a freak athlete like T2. Coaches have more information about the character than I do, but if they feel comfortable, he's a talent.

Obviously have to increase the numbers at CB in some way. You won't continue to go every year with minimal CB injuries, need at least seven that can actually see the field in a season.

Disagree on CB being ahead of WR in today's game

Advertisement
He's 6'6-6'7 300 pounds and mean. Thats all folks
Not just that. His feet are not typical for a guy his size. Really quick.

And yeah, his tape is about 60% late pancakes lol. But his hands and play strength need work (which are normal problems).

Advertisement
Advertisement
Just look what devonta smith does to any CB
WR production is largely predicated on the success of QB & OL and to some degree the running game can have an impact on production. Smith can torch DBs all he wants but if he played in some recent Miami offenses it wouldn't have mattered.

That's not saying it's not an important position, because it is. But there are a hundred high-quality receiver prospects every cycle, whereas there are far fewer can't-miss QBs, OTs, CBs, DTs

Agree with you on the data and raw talent of T2, but he will need to gain strength and learn to take on and shed blocks. That is my only hang up with him. As great as the raw ability is, mainly speed and change of direction, he would need a year at least of physical development.

C10040E9-0AA4-41A5-9D78-477FFDF3BD32.jpeg

What is this about?

Advertisement
Back