Banner is bought and paid for gentlemen.

Advertisement
definitely would like to see a football AD who gets"it"This decision on manny lies on his plate as he already had his mind made up that Manny was his guy once Richt retired.the explaining he has to do involve inexperienced coach and inexperienced staff as well. if Mullen or Davis were the choice, we would have a competent staff.... regardless of what you think of 2 coaches .
also wonder about President at Miami, we could have chosen a ex navy commander but present President does not seem interested in bringing school back to top in football
hopefully Enos will go shotgun 100% stay in the spread and score, score, score.so recruits stay interested.
FWIW Va. is supposed to be best in Coastal but we have opened as favorites at 2 and now line is 2.5 ??
1. Enos will not change his game plan
2. Present president is leaving everything in the AD's hands

3. Sad that we can't win a garbage division and that our HC can't recruit for ****, and
That’s No Joke! That man was committed to winning!
Sam J was a bad ***. Unlike this school girl we have as AD.

Respect you treading carefully............and my reasons are this.

If you are a Cane fan you are frustrated as ****..........you want them to play hard, win, and everything is fine with the world. If not you are ****ed........ and I am.
I don't consider myself sheep for saying that after 5 games I would like to see what product Manny puts out there. It has been 5 **** games fellas..........have a group of games to analyze and then decide.

Guaranteed that 70-80 % of posters when Manny was announced as our Coach that were delighted and excited that he could bring back the U.
Now after 5 games.......banners, and planes?...........and sending a message to Manny that the whole Cane apparatus sucks....including him. Don't give me the B/S of "this will not affect Manny, or I am not calling out Manny, it's the BOT's, Admin., President".........straight up the banner is stating...".you failed, and you suck as a Coach Manny, we wanted someone else".
Reality.

If showing displeasure is spending $400 in beer money to fly over tailgaters..........then those fans are not standing up, they are ****in' away money that will not change anything. The liquor in my cooler is worth more than $400, and I much prefer drinkin' and ****in', that than getting nothing accomplished by squinting at a banner flying over a parking lot.

****ed off............ then don't go to the games, shut your support down, give away your tickets.

As to your last point........."Most of us love the team"....yeah by bannering, flying planes, and drawing negative attention to the school that you love?
..really.........and this action "will gain respectability" again?. You know it will not, the opposite will occur disrespect, derision, and disregard.......
Check out other media, we are the joke of the hour .
"Oh yeeeeeeeeaaaaahhhhhhh Miami flying planes with banners again.....ha, ha, ha"....

And.........I agree that the program has deteriorated, but you don't blow it up by actions, and knee jerk actions that may come back to make people laugh at the U....as they are doing in all media now.... this does not help the "brand be respectable again"..
I have to tread carefully due to relationships in places which leave me conflicted.

I get where you’re coming from. I was happy to support Manny but I was wrong in not seeing the hire for what it is. I also agree that the banners reflect on Manny because the performance has led to this but he’s on a big stage now and this is the worst coached Canes team I can remember- at least since Lou Saban.

I honestly think he’s in over his head at this time. I think, even with a limited tree, he still could’ve made better hires but he didn’t. That’s on him and this is the result. This was not supposed to be a rebuild. This coaching staff is destroying the brand.

If you are a Cane fan you are frustrated as ****..........you want them to play hard, win, and everything is fine with the world. If not you are ****ed........ and I am.
I don't consider myself sheep for saying that after 5 games I would like to see what product Manny puts out there. It has been 5 **** games fellas..........have a group of games to analyze and then decide.

Guaranteed that 70-80 % of posters when Manny was announced as our Coach that were delighted and excited that he could bring back the U.
Now after 5 games.......banners, and planes?...........and sending a message to Manny that the whole Cane apparatus sucks....including him. Don't give me the B/S of "this will not affect Manny, or I am not calling out Manny, it's the BOT's, Admin., President".........straight up the banner is stating...".you failed, and you suck as a Coach Manny, we wanted someone else".
Reality.

If showing displeasure is spending $400 in beer money to fly over tailgaters..........then those fans are not standing up, they are ****in' away money that will not change anything. The liquor in my cooler is worth more than $400, and I much prefer drinkin' and ****in', that than getting nothing accomplished by squinting at a banner flying over a parking lot.

****ed off............ then don't go to the games, shut your support down, give away your tickets.

As to your last point........."Most of us love the team"....yeah by bannering, flying planes, and drawing negative attention to the school that you love?
..really.........and this action "will gain respectability" again?. You know it will not, the opposite will occur disrespect, derision, and disregard.......
"Oh yeeeeeeeeaaaaahhhhhhh Miami flying planes with banners again.....ha, ha, ha"....

And.........I agree that the program has deteriorated, but you don't blow it up by actions, and knee jerk actions that may come back to make people laugh at the U....as they are doing in all media now.... this does not help the "brand be respectable again"..

Well said. I get the frustration too. But you really laid out all the salient points why this is a bad idea

I just dont understand how those involved don’t see how it affects both Manny and the team. We need to support those kids-

And for those who made the comments about how the team let them down, shame on you. You really believe they like losing????

Everybody knew that if Manny was a failure it would be Blake’s job because he was already getting heat. Rumors have been surfacing that the BOT is frustrated with him.

So mark it... if it goes south this dingbat OP is gonna come here and take credit for getting Blake fired because of his $500 tweet in the sky

Advertisement
Everybody knew that if Manny was a failure it would be Blake’s job because he was already getting heat. Rumors have been surfacing that the BOT is frustrated with him.

So mark it... if it goes south this dingbat OP is gonna come here and take credit for getting Blake fired because of his $500 tweet in the sky
This is news to me. When has this been reported?

Thank god

Banner messages are generally best when they don't have to be explained. I can just imagine the tailgaters looking up and knowing exactly what that means.

Great...you've got the 1% who know who Strawley is. It's hilarious that just because there was a lengthy petrified thread devoted to her here that anyone would believe she has even the slightest name recognition, or that people who do know the name share that scared animosity.

Blake would be higher name recognition but nobody cares. There is zero reaction in either direction when he is out on the field. And he is out there multiple times per game, while standing alongside the student athlete of the game or the season ticket holder of the game, etc.

Literally zero reaction

Somehow you guys are 100% clueless toward situational impact. Just because you can't put Shalala's name on the latest whiny banner you desperately think it has to be athletic department leaders to complain about.

Go viral? That was most hilarious of all.

If it goes viral it is backlash, not support

It is possible that people who don't know who they are might start to ask who the names belong to and why there's a banner calling them out.

want to prove your a real cane fan give $$$ to program, rather than a half *** stunt with a banner.
banners are stunts period.....like a young kid holding his breath because he's not getting what he wants,,,,,
bunch a cheap noise. "this will be viewed as the self centered BS that it is "HEY LOOK AT ME routine period that will accomplish zero

Yet another dopey Hecht plant. When are you dummies going to figure out how obvious you are? You're just about as clever as the last HC search.

Advertisement
NO, NO, NO.............this fool begged for days to scrounge up $400, and had to throw in $45.
We are not talking Captains of Fortune 500 Companies here, we are talking beer money to a "gofundme" set up which he did not know how to do..
Real amateur show folks....

Next time we'll ask George Soros to fund it. Happy now?

Last edited:
You want to possibly promote change, stop buying tickets to the games and stop buying team merchandise. Do what you can to hit the team in it's pockets. If anything is going to work that will over time.

This banner flying won't do anything but bring even more embarrassment to what is already an embarrassing team. But the same logic does apply oddly. The more embarrassment over time will cause for heads to rolled.

Do what ya'll feel is needed but in my opinion flying a banner isn't the thing that will get y'all the desired result. It's the embarrassing product on the field and a financial hit that'll get Blake and everyone else fired.

BOT cares about perception.

I have to tread carefully due to relationships in places which leave me conflicted.

I get where you’re coming from. I was happy to support Manny but I was wrong in not seeing the hire for what it is. I also agree that the banners reflect on Manny because the performance has led to this but he’s on a big stage now and this is the worst coached Canes team I can remember- at least since Lou Saban.

I honestly think he’s in over his head at this time. I think, even with a limited tree, he still could’ve made better hires but he didn’t. That’s on him and this is the result. This was not supposed to be a rebuild. This coaching staff is destroying the brand.
BOT wanted Mario and talks were in place for him to interview etc and James decided to go with Manny and made the hire asap.

Advertisement

Reality.

Some people think for themselves. Betas live their life by what others may think.

want to prove your a real cane fan give $$$ to program, rather than a half *** stunt with a banner.
banners are stunts period.....like a young kid holding his breath because he's not getting what he wants,,,,,
bunch a cheap noise. "this will be viewed as the self centered BS that it is "HEY LOOK AT ME routine period that will accomplish zero
Spoken like a true ******* from Hecht

Advertisement
You boys are about to **** the bed. This banner will be the reason why other banners are considered a joke.

Exactly. The Butch banner is memorable for a reason. However when you’ve flown a banner 5 out of 7 years who cares anymore?

BOT wanted Mario and talks were in place for him to interview etc and James decided to go with Manny and made the hire asap.
That is the best thing you could’ve told me (that it was Blake). Thank you.

I’m stunned that the BOT let him make the call. Now I’m mad.

Being a Miami fan sucks

Hit stick
TD rings
Turnover chain
1 hr coaching searches
Wrestling matches
Big Cane Drill
Yachts
Crashing parties
Fashion shows
First 0-2 start since 1978
Fire extinguisher techno parties down 21-0