Banner is bought and paid for gentlemen.

This. A fool and his money... lol.
NO, NO, NO.............this fool begged for days to scrounge up $400, and had to throw in $45.
We are not talking Captains of Fortune 500 Companies here, we are talking beer money to a "gofundme" set up which he did not know how to do..
Real amateur show folks....

Advertisement
I can't believe I'm saying this either, and it could be a fatal case of delusion, but I have the same feeling. It won't really mean anything, but I think there's a legit chance we see the best game of Diaz's tenure on Friday night.

And I'm honestly still on the fence of even watching the game, or just watching a movie on Friday night. That's how disgusted I was leaving the stadium last Saturday.
Prayers sent after u witnessed that in person. Much love for u MD

@Dr.L.ThugU thinks this guy is **** so....

New Tattoo
beto tattoo.png

NO, NO, NO.............this fool begged for days to scrounge up $400, and had to throw in $45.
We are not talking Captains of Fortune 500 Companies here, we are talking beer money to a "gofundme" set up which he did not know how to do..
I commend @NicKane for his efforts even more so. Like it or not, and regardless of whether or not you think it’s a good or bad idea, here was an issue he felt strongly about and he was totally out of his element but he jumped right in and made something happen. He didn’t just complain about the situation like most of us do.

And Manny’s clearly in over his head and people are just tired of the failures from the decision making levels.

I commend @NicKane for his efforts even more so. Like it or not, and regardless of whether or not you think it’s a good or bad idea, here was an issue he felt strongly about and he was totally out of his element but he jumped right in and made something happen. He didn’t just complain about the situation like most of us do.

And Manny’s clearly in over his head and people are just tired of the failures from the decision making levels.
beer salute.gif

Advertisement

Good point, but in a result oriented world, this will have little or no effect on the needle for change..you have to reach the people who can do the change.

This is like trying to buy a Company and talking to the Night watchman..............a futile effort which will not accomplish anything. The action of talking was commendable, but the actual task was not accomplished.

Timing is everything, and after the appropriate time and evaluation actions will be taken, but until then strive to put a better product on the field.
That should be our task right now, not embarrassing our community, school, fans, and team.

I will add this also. The people who CAN make change will look on that laugh, and think..........".there goes those hot head fans again....did it in the past, and what a joke, ( after 5 games) what a waste.......they do not decide we do, on our timetable"....end of story...

Good point, but in a result oriented world, this will have little or no effect on the needle for change..you have to reach the people who can do the change.

This is like trying to buy a Company and talking to the Night watchman..............a futile effort which will not accomplish anything. The action of talking was commendable, but the actual task was not accomplished.

Timing is everything, and after the appropriate time and evaluation actions will be taken, but until then strive to put a better product on the field.
That should be our task right now, not embarrassing our community, school, fans, and team.

I will add this also. The people who CAN make change will look on that laugh, and think..........".there goes those hot head fans again....did it in the past, and what a joke, ( after 5 games) what a waste.......they do not decide we do, on our timetable"....end of story...

That's fine. But the fans can decide if they want to buy their product

Advertisement
If that was amateur and he did not know what to do but got it done. Imagine what this administration does when they have an opportunity to make things right to hire the right coach but hire one in like 3 hours after the HC retires and still can't get the right hire. The difference is OP got it done but UM admin can't get it done. Now that's amateur hour.

still do not see that moving the BOT, should Blake go **** yes his ineptitude is the stuff of legend
but someone (BOT) has to figure out why we have been so dead average the past 15+ years ?
why do we pass on D.Mullen or B.Davis for a coach who needed a year or forever off
why was a national search completed in 4 hours ? this is still a very good job, not great but very good
talent pool is best in country, facilities are above average for ACC, stadium is still a draw back( why didn't UM buy OB
reports were a 13M$ price tag)......need more money for staff, most likely. i am as frustrated as i ever have been and do not see a light at the end of tunnel..... even if we would have hired M.Leach they would have had a great fun watch.....
still do not see that moving the BOT, should Blake go **** yes his ineptitude is the stuff of legend
but someone (BOT) has to figure out why we have been so dead average the past 15+ years ?
why do we pass on D.Mullen or B.Davis for a coach who needed a year or forever off
why was a national search completed in 4 hours ? this is still a very good job, not great but very good
talent pool is best in country, facilities are above average for ACC, stadium is still a draw back( why didn't UM buy OB
reports were a 13M$ price tag)......need more money for staff, most likely. i am as frustrated as i ever have been and do not see a light at the end of tunnel..... even if we would have hired M.Leach they would have had a great fun watch.....
If BOT hires an AD with a fb background from a P5 school that cares about FB. Manny will be toast if things don't change.

Thanks now get off your break and go back to cleaning the bathroom at the Hecht.

Advertisement
If BOT hires an AD with a fb background from a P5 school that cares about FB. Manny will be toast if things don't change.
definitely would like to see a football AD who gets"it"This decision on manny lies on his plate as he already had his mind made up that Manny was his guy once Richt retired.the explaining he has to do involve inexperienced coach and inexperienced staff as well. if Mullen or Davis were the choice, we would have a competent staff.... regardless of what you think of 2 coaches .
also wonder about President at Miami, we could have chosen a ex navy commander but present President does not seem interested in bringing school back to top in football
hopefully Enos will go shotgun 100% stay in the spread and score, score, score.so recruits stay interested.
FWIW Va. is supposed to be best in Coastal but we have opened as favorites at 2 and now line is 2.5 ??

I’m trying to tread carefully here with this situation. for my own reasons. I’m not disagreeing with most of your points. I agree that the people who make the decisions here will see it as you said and essentially have a “SMH” moment.

But regardless, on a fan level, we’re all frustrated and tired of the perpetual ineptitude as the “fans of the team”. Most of us wouldn’t be on CIS if we didn’t care. We feel like we support the team like the sheep we are and we keep getting sucker punched. Some of the sheep are ready to punch back to say do what you will but it’s not acceptable.

So if OP and crew want to fly a banner against the face of the awful decisions to express their displeasure, I have a hard time telling them not to stand up and try to do something. Most of us love the team and just want to see the brand be respectable again instead of the joke it’s deteriorated into.

Advertisement
I’m trying to tread carefully here with this situation. for my own reasons. I’m not disagreeing with most of your points. I agree that the people who make the decisions here will see it as you said and essentially have a “SMH” moment.

But regardless, on a fan level, we’re all frustrated and tired of the perpetual ineptitude as the “fans of the team”. Most of us wouldn’t be on CIS if we didn’t care. We feel like we support the team like the sheep we are and we keep getting sucker punched. Some of the sheep are ready to punch back to say do what you will but it’s not acceptable.

So if OP and crew want to fly a banner against the face of the awful decisions to express their displeasure, I have a hard time telling them not to stand up and try to do something. Most of us love the team and just want to see the brand be respectable again instead of the joke it’s deteriorated into.
Respect you treading carefully............and my reasons are this.

If you are a Cane fan you are frustrated as ****..........you want them to play hard, win, and everything is fine with the world. If not you are ****ed........ and I am.
I don't consider myself sheep for saying that after 5 games I would like to see what product Manny puts out there. It has been 5 **** games fellas..........have a group of games to analyze and then decide.

Guaranteed that 70-80 % of posters when Manny was announced as our Coach that were delighted and excited that he could bring back the U.
Now after 5 games.......banners, and planes?...........and sending a message to Manny that the whole Cane apparatus sucks....including him. Don't give me the B/S of "this will not affect Manny, or I am not calling out Manny, it's the BOT's, Admin., President".........straight up the banner is stating...".you failed, and you suck as a Coach Manny, we wanted someone else".
Reality.

If showing displeasure is spending $400 in beer money to fly over tailgaters..........then those fans are not standing up, they are ****in' away money that will not change anything. The liquor in my cooler is worth more than $400, and I much prefer drinkin' and ****in', that than getting nothing accomplished by squinting at a banner flying over a parking lot.

****ed off............ then don't go to the games, shut your support down, give away your tickets.

As to your last point........."Most of us love the team"....yeah by bannering, flying planes, and drawing negative attention to the school that you love?
..really.........and this action "will gain respectability" again?. You know it will not, the opposite will occur disrespect, derision, and disregard.......
Check out other media, we are the joke of the hour .
"Oh yeeeeeeeeaaaaahhhhhhh Miami flying planes with banners again.....ha, ha, ha"....

And.........I agree that the program has deteriorated, but you don't blow it up by actions, and knee jerk actions that may come back to make people laugh at the U....as they are doing in all media now.... this does not help the "brand be respectable again"..

Advertisement
Back