Bandy's Pick Six

UMFarArcher

All-ACC
I've watched this from every camera angle - over and over and over.

That pick was not only intuitive - Bandy anticipated it - just watch his spacing, his feet before the snap, his movement - as though he knew just where the ball was coming.

Some may say he was reading the QB's eyes - and maybe so - but he was actually preparing for that before the snap!

I smell Ed Reed all over that play.

That was an Ed Reed - read - and that was an Ed Reed jump.

I'm telling you.

Advertisement
I've literally watched it over 100 times. Im not joking, it was my favorite play of the night. Seeing it live at the stadium I was in shock for second lmao.

I read somewhere that the defensive coaches were saying over the headsets that it was going to be a pick six once they saw ND line up. We were prepared.

And a direct product of the shift in coaching emphasis from, "don't give up a big play," to, "make a big play."

Advertisement
I've watched this from every camera angle - over and over and over.

That pick was not only intuitive - Bandy anticipated it - just watch his spacing, his feet before the snap, his movement - as though he knew just where the ball was coming.

Some may say he was reading the QB's eyes - and maybe so - but he was actually preparing for that before the snap!

I smell Ed Reed all over that play.

That was an Ed Reed - read - and that was an Ed Reed jump.

I'm telling you.

A perfect snap of defense. Diaz told Bandy to look for that throw, called the right play, and then Bandy played it perfectly. As you said, watch his feet; he backpedals, fools the QB into thinking he's going to stick with this guy, and then jumps the throw for a pick six.

Muddy Badger, baby.

giphy.gif

I know Ed Reed was there all week - at practices and meetings, etc.

Was he perchance breaking down film with the corners and safeties?

Advertisement
When Bandy made that pick, I couldnt help but to think about Carlos Jones vs FSU in OB in '94. That place went nuts just as it did Saturday. Bandy will be an AA before he leaves Coral Gables.

WHY DID HE RUN SO CLOSE TO THE SIDELINE

**** almost gave me a heart attack.

He also returned it at full speed even though there was no one even close - no let up. Love that intensity.

When Bandy made that pick, I couldnt help but to think about Carlos Jones vs FSU in OB in '94. That place went nuts just as it did Saturday. Bandy will be an AA before he leaves Coral Gables.

An the ‘94 game still my favorite OB experience ever.

If you notice Shaq, he picked up on it as soon as the QB squared as well. Would love to hear from [MENTION=10044]UknowWhat[/MENTION] if they all picked up on that in the film room or if they read the QB's eyes as he telegraphed the throw

Last edited:
Advertisement
He made an instinctual play. He left his WR because he sensed what the QB was going to do.
That kind of play would get him benched by donofrio and golden

Advertisement
I read somewhere that the defensive coaches were saying over the headsets that it was going to be a pick six once they saw ND line up. We were prepared.

Yep. Heard the same. I think it was from Richt presser

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anybody else notice that Garvin kept up the pace with a streaking Carter?? Deer Lowered those 3 Frosh killed it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

WHY DID HE RUN SO CLOSE TO THE SIDELINE

**** almost gave me a heart attack.

He also returned it at full speed even though there was no one even close - no let up. Love that intensity.

I said the same thing, I was sitting in that endzone and it looked like he was going to step out. I almost fainted. But that play was the dagger in the heart. Game was over and the ND fans spilled out at Halftime

Advertisement
Back