Bandy's Pick Six

Advertisement
It was awesome being at the game in the east end zone when Bandy made that pick. Seeing those 3 TRUE freshman streaking towards the end zone was an awesome thing to watch live. The future is bright, GO CANES

0c704f0e0613bc3f83ab2e0fbe9ef2de.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

He said they repped that play in practice and he ran it back 2 or 3 times. The coaches called it over the head set once the lined up.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Advertisement
I mentioned that alot ever since hes played hes super instinctive he sees things before anybody on D

He made an instinctual play. He left his WR because he sensed what the QB was going to do.
That kind of play would get him benched by donofrio and golden

Well he didn't leave his man, he was in zone coverage. He was exactly where he was supposed to be in Quarters. What he did that was savvy was stay over the slot WR until the ball was thrown then break on it. He gave the QB the illusion that he was covering the slot.

Pretty sure ND ran that double-slant concept earlier in the game on Malik Young's INT and the QB attempted to throw to the outside WR.

There's no doubt that Diaz told Bandy to run underneath the outside WR next time ND came back to it.

Advertisement
LOVE THAT KID TRAJAN... but we gotta teach him some canes swag

dont go so close to the sideline and he should have taunted them on the run

Maybe brought back the bennie high five with amari carter who he was near

Whatever... great win and GO CANES

Good observation, instincts akin to Reed and only in his first year... looks like a quarterback's worst nightmare.

Coaches sAid they ran that three times during the week and bandy pick 6'd it all three times.

So when they saw it coming, the staff already knew what was about to happen

Pretty cool inside info

Advertisement
He was looking at the QB's eyes while backpedaling. He was the QB's read...as soon as the QB looked away from him, he planted his foot & broke on the ball. Bandy plays like a veteran...so lucky to have him for another couple of years.

Also, nice job by Thomas to pull back on his block on the QB. Would have been a block in the back to negate the TD.

Shaq was breaking on the play as well it looked like.

There smart cuz they knew it was a new qb...if that qb had prepped he could of went to the slot slant and had a big play. Its like Bandy left his man and knew he would make that throw he gambled and it paid off.....i miss those types of plays on defense. This team can beat Clemson and anyone else in the country.....they remind me so much of last years clemson squad

LOVE THAT KID TRAJAN... but we gotta teach him some canes swag

dont go so close to the sideline and he should have taunted them on the run

Maybe brought back the bennie high five with amari carter who he was near

Whatever... great win and GO CANES

Nobody is more cane then Bandy.

Advertisement
I love how Amari Carter is always streaking down the field stride-for-stride with any teammate who has just gotten a pick.

Advertisement
Back