Bandy Draft Analysis

Advertisement
Yah, back in the day I used to take 3-5 cookies and rice crispy bars from the dining hall back to my dorm room into my cookie jar. Always had plenty of sweets on stash.

I think Bandy, like a lot of guys feels pressure from their families. Family members always looking at short money and what money they can get. So, they push on the kids telling them they should go pro and that they shouldn't be playing for free (which they are not).

Best thing Bandy should have done was finish out another year with UM and get his degree. That way, no matter what happens, he lands on his feet.

Think about it. These kids are getting for free, what thousands of kids are going into debt just to get a good job when they graduate.

These kids need to put more value on their education. Ed Reed was a 2-time All American he could have left after his junior year but he didn't.

A lot kids have been poor their whole lives. One more year of poverty isn't going to make a difference.

He can comeback and finish his degree for free

He can comeback and finish his degree for free
Correct but then will have to pay for housing, all of his meals, not sure on books, and loses his stipend as well. If he ends up making money in the NFL then he’ll be okay but all of that stuff adds up, especially since he has as good of a chance of making a practice squad as he does getting cut and not seeing a penny.

Advertisement
I think his ceiling is Bobby McCain, which would be **** good in terms of dollars. But for every Bobby McCain there are dozens of guys cut from the same cloth who never make a 53 man roster. I'll be rooting for Bandy, but the odds are against him.

I think Bandy is a better player than his Jr year display. hoping the best for him. I believe the off field stuff was a distraction and i have to question how prepared and focused he was.

I believe he can come back and finish his degree
**** I didnt know that, that is pretty awesome. I read above that they will need to provide housing, books, ect. That is pretty great considering most of the local kids should be okay with at least the housing part. Housing fücked me in school worse than a ***** on nickel night.

Advertisement
Hurricanes were the pioneers of offering four year degrees and honoring scholarships for any player who leaves early for the NFL.

The run support comments are the most disappointing. Bandy was a force against the run as a sophomore. Now he’s leaving early as a 5’9 corner coming off a bad year.

This. I think he's a late round guy who sticks somewhere as a nickel guy for a while with hopefully better coaching. The entire defense regressed this past year. Only Rousseau coming in like a condor from the mountains of Tibet as a rare monster was the one shining guy.

Our defensive scheming under Baker was trash. Had we played an offense maybe in the top 50 would we have been exposed a lot more. Our horrific schedule masked these problems and inflated our numbers.

Dont understand it. Health Insurance covers birth control pills with a $0 co-pay.
These dudes are just sloppy and they aren't taking advantage of the opportunity they have to a free education and so many doors open to earn a living but they have to jump to the NFL when they are fringe players. Dumb AF and knocking girls up

Advertisement
For those who asked...you cannot LEGALLY stay in a room assigned to you by the University with additional family , friends or associates nor can they be sublet.

most scholarships provide room and board for only the one student.

hopefully Bandy is planning to provide for his family other than professional football. At most 5-6 years and that is if the XFL stays afloat that long

The way it works is, this is one person view and he don’t make one the decision in the draft room. All it take is one team to think you’re a first rounder to go round 1.

Advertisement
Fvck the college experience. If my option is "have a good college experience and end up undrafted" or "live with my girl and kid in the dorm for a year to become a 2nd day draft pick". I am picking option 2 everytime.
How do you know for sure he’ll be a day 2 pick by staying another year? What if he gets injured like Ahmmon Richards or Malik Young and can’t play ever again? He can always go back to college and finish up.

How do you know for sure he’ll be a day 2 pick by staying another year? What if he gets injured like Ahmmon Richards or Malik Young and can’t play ever again? He can always go back to college and finish up.
If he got injured next year he would have a degree in 6 months. Something he will need more likely than not after deciding to foolishly declare early.

I think we all love Bandy as a true Cane. People here are being critical because they hope to see him have the best future possible. I think he made a big mistake not coming back to Miami. We could have used him, he would have been the leader of our entire defense, and he could have elevated his draft status with a better performance.. But he's a (young) man and it's his choice.

I wish Trajan nothing but the best, hope he balls out as a Pro and comes back to finish his degree with money in the bank in style. But I also hope he saves every penny, at least until he gets a guaranteed bonus that sets him up for life, in case he needs that degree for future earnings.

Last edited:
Doubt his draft stock was going to improve. Peaked as a sophomore and he looked slow when thrusted into the #1 CB role, covering outside WRs. Better in the slot and those types don't get drafted high.

Advertisement
Back