Bandy Draft Analysis

Advertisement
Lol you telling me that’s why he left? Lol didn’t we just sign a kid with 2 kids? Lol was Miami not going to help him out his last year? Doesn’t make sense why Miami wouldn’t help out a 3 year starter to help raise his family.

What are you even asking?

How do you know for sure he’ll be a day 2 pick by staying another year? What if he gets injured like Ahmmon Richards or Malik Young and can’t play ever again? He can always go back to college and finish up.
You could say that about every player that boosted their draft stock by staying an extra year. Its a risk most people are willing to take if they are projected as an UDFA. Ya, he can always come back and get his degree. But he can't come back, play another year, and boost his draft stock.

He can comeback and finish his degree for free
People always say that, but it's probably not going to happen. It's very difficult once a player gets settled in with life. Family obligations tend to overshadow personal goals. If you leave for the NFL to support your family and don't make it, when will you find time to finish your degree if you6r forced to find a 40+ hour/week job because of those same family financial pressures that drove you to leave school in the 1st place

I don't know of any stats, but I'd guess that the guys that come back and finish their degree are the ones that made it in the NFL because they have time with no financial pressures to get it done.

Last edited:
Advertisement
He's not that good. I like Bandy well enough...but he's just ok.

He's like Rodney Bellinger without the really good senior season to get drafted high. Bellinger had a three year NFL career.

Good luck to Bandy, but he's got a lot of things working against him to make money playing football.

Judging him for making a family without means to support.
It's funny how society reacts so negatively to the blatantly obvious: having a kid one can't afford (i.e., money, time, energy) is the single greatest contributor to financial problems.

I'm sure he wants to do what he thinks is best for him and his family

He and his are the only ones that bear the consequences of his decision. Hopefully he considered all options and utilized the resources that are available in making his decision

No one on this board is going to support his family so its HIS choice to make.

As with ALL CANES..I hope and wish him the very best on his choice and may all the breaks fall your way

You can’t say “Kid should’ve stayed another year because he’d have been drafted higher” in one breath.

and in the next breath say “Rumph sucks because the kid whose leaving early isn’t getting drafted early”.

Either the kid should’ve been a day one pick his junior year and it’s Rumph fault he isnt going higher OR The kid shouldve stayed another year because he just needs time to develop.
Sounds like maybe he should stay another year just to get his degree. Then he can get a job coaching in HS.

Advertisement
Every single year there are guys on the team who are forced to make poor business decisions because they have babies to take care of. Lesson not learned.
We have a kid coming in as a freshman with two. Is that Avantae?

I just don't get it.

I'm sure he wants to do what he thinks is best for him and his family

He and his are the only ones that bear the consequences of his decision. Hopefully he considered all options and utilized the resources that are available in making his decision

No one on this board is going to support his family so its HIS choice to make.

As with ALL CANES..I hope and wish him the very best on his choice and may all the breaks fall your way
I feel the same. I just wish these folks could put off the kids a few years.

He's not that good. I like Bandy well enough...but he's just ok.

He's like Rodney Bellinger without the really good senior season to get drafted high. Bellinger had a three year NFL career.

Good luck to Bandy, but he's got a lot of things working against him to make money playing football.
Most hear have probably never heard of Bellinger. Speaking of '80's players, Fast Eddie Brown reportedly never got his degree. At least he had an NFL career. Wonder what he's doing now.

Advertisement
It’s unfortunate because literally everyone knew he wasn’t ready and he himself may have even known it, but felt like he had no other option.

I would have liked to see him back this year, but now that he’s in this situation I hope he kills it at the combine and during his pro day and can sneak into the 6th or 7th round.

Felt like he had no other option? There's always another option and he chose the worst one.

To be frank, he's leaving without a college degree. That keeps him locked out of a lot of doors that would be open. He may have been working towards some BS degree, a lot of players are, but still graduating with a degree in hand is pretty standard for most decent jobs these days. Yes, he can come get his degree afterwards, but that's a tall task with work and not many do it.

Seems like a dumb move. There's all kinds of assistance programs with people living strictly on that. It isn't ideal, but whoever may have been in his ear should have been told to settle down while I get this degree. Who knows though, maybe nobody was and it's all him.

Dumb call young man.

It's funny how society reacts so negatively to the blatantly obvious: having a kid one can't afford (i.e., money, time, energy) is the single greatest contributor to financial problems.
Ok, but how is that they can make it 3 years because they have to (due to NFL rules), but can't finish that 4th year of school? I'll answer it for you. Kids are succumbing to the pressures from their families. If you can make it 3 years in college, you can certainly make it a 4th. It's all family pressure.

Advertisement
Ok, but how is that they can make it 3 years because they have to (due to NFL rules), but can't finish that 4th year of school? I'll answer it for you. Kids are succumbing to the pressures from their families. If you can make it 3 years in college, you can certainly make it a 4th. It's all family pressure.
Of course family pressure is involved.

You could say that about every player that boosted their draft stock by staying an extra year. Its a risk most people are willing to take if they are projected as an UDFA. Ya, he can always come back and get his degree. But he can't come back, play another year, and boost his draft stock.
Half of the NFL is undrafted or late round picks.

Advertisement
Back