Bandy Draft Analysis

Advertisement
I honestly don’t get what he could have gained from one more year in college (as far as draft position) he wasn’t gonna get taller and now he’s a year older and in the NfL eyes that = less upside

Sometimes kids need money so bad they are fine being drafted in the 5th round which is where he will be. He has zero chance of being undrafted so everyone needs to stop that talk. He might of been a 3rd or 4th rounder if he stayed so its not like he would of been improving his stock all that much .

Anyone know what the legality of moving his daughter and girl into his dorm with him? If you are given a free house, idc how broke you are. Plus its easy as **** to steal food from chartwells. He could easily feed his wife and kid off food he picks up from chartwells. So many kids used to wrap up sandwhiches and other dry food in napkins and bring them back to their dorm.

Its not hard to survive for just 1 more year so you can make a couple extra mil.

are you sure he has a kid and girl to take care of? i was under the impression that it was his parents and siblings. maybe someone with more knowledge can clarify.

I'm not going to crap all over the kid for leaving early, seems like things that were out of his control. Hope he gets drafted and has a long career, kid was a dog for us and left it all on the field.

Advertisement
To call it anything other than short sighted is dishonest. Another year would have been very beneficial considering the comparatively lackluster season he had last year.

I understand why he did it, but he didn't maximize his earning potential and in the end, that's what's really best for his family.

I sincerely hope it all works out for him. He was a **** of a Cane.

I'm not going to crap all over the kid for leaving early, seems like things that were out of his control. Hope he gets drafted and has a long career, kid was a dog for us and left it all on the field.
How were things "out of his control". Condom break?

Fvck the college experience. If my option is "have a good college experience and end up undrafted" or "live with my girl and kid in the dorm for a year to become a 2nd day draft pick". I am picking option 2 everytime. Tons of kid each year commute to school and work full time jobs. Not getting the "true college experience".
I hear you. I worked full time as Post Office clerk and the Miami Dade math teacher full time every year of my undergrad and doctoral work. The commute in Dade County traffic was my study hall/dine in -- book in one had, burger in the other, coffee of soda in the cup holder. Yeap, you can drive with your knees.

Advertisement
Lol you telling me that’s why he left? Lol didn’t we just sign a kid with 2 kids? Lol was Miami not going to help him out his last year? Doesn’t make sense why Miami wouldn’t help out a 3 year starter to help raise his family.
I don't believe there is any way for the school to help him raise his family. That would all boil down into financial compensation. Not saying that's right, but I'm pretty sure it's true.

Fvck the college experience. If my option is "have a good college experience and end up undrafted" or "live with my girl and kid in the dorm for a year to become a 2nd day draft pick". I am picking option 2 everytime. Tons of kid each year commute to school and work full time jobs. Not getting the "true college experience".
No lies told

I don't believe there is any way for the school to help him raise his family. That would all boil down into financial compensation. Not saying that's right, but I'm pretty sure it's true.
There is ways to get kids more refund money is all i was saying.

Anyone know what the legality of moving his daughter and girl into his dorm with him? If you are given a free house, idc how broke you are. Plus its easy as **** to steal food from chartwells. He could easily feed his wife and kid off food he picks up from chartwells. So many kids used to wrap up sandwhiches and other dry food in napkins and bring them back to their dorm.

Its not hard to survive for just 1 more year so you can make a couple extra mil.
Yah, back in the day I used to take 3-5 cookies and rice crispy bars from the dining hall back to my dorm room into my cookie jar. Always had plenty of sweets on stash.

I think Bandy, like a lot of guys feels pressure from their families. Family members always looking at short money and what money they can get. So, they push on the kids telling them they should go pro and that they shouldn't be playing for free (which they are not).

Best thing Bandy should have done was finish out another year with UM and get his degree. That way, no matter what happens, he lands on his feet.

Think about it. These kids are getting for free, what thousands of kids are going into debt just to get a good job when they graduate.

These kids need to put more value on their education. Ed Reed was a 2-time All American he could have left after his junior year but he didn't.

A lot kids have been poor their whole lives. One more year of poverty isn't going to make a difference.

Advertisement
I honestly don’t get what he could have gained from one more year in college (as far as draft position) he wasn’t gonna get taller and now he’s a year older and in the NfL eyes that = less upside

You have beef chuck for brains then.

Sometimes kids need money so bad they are fine being drafted in the 5th round which is where he will be. He has zero chance of being undrafted so everyone needs to stop that talk. He might of been a 3rd or 4th rounder if he stayed so its not like he would of been improving his stock all that much .
I don’t think he’s a 5th round pick. I honestly don’t think he will get drafted. I want him to get drafted as early as possible because I want our guys to be successful but I’m being realistic. We tend to way overrate our players and then act shocked when a guy we thought was a third round lock ends up in the seventh round

Advertisement
I don’t think he’s a 5th round pick. I honestly don’t think he will get drafted. I want him to get drafted as early as possible because I want our guys to be successful but I’m being realistic. We tend to way overrate our players and then act shocked when a guy we thought was a third round lock ends up in the seventh round
Not true, we don't overrate our players. In fact, we get so many players drafted after our team has performed horribly in the past 15 years.

Not true, we don't overrate our players. In fact, we get so many players drafted after our team has performed horribly in the past 15 years.
I meant “we” as in the fans. Every year fans are talking up our players about how they’re going to get drafted so high and every year they get drafted late

Advertisement
Back