Bandy Draft Analysis

trillcane31

Recruit
Miami CB Trajan Bandy "plays with inconsistent footwork and a level of nonchalance in space" according to NFL.com draft analyst Lance Zierlein.

Bandy (5'9/186) is projected to be a Day 3 draft pick, and while he is certainly capable of making big plays it was the routine ones that got him in trouble at times. Add in struggles in defending the run, and the former Hurricane has some work to do during the pre-draft process. "His recovery burst can cover up for mid-rep mistakes, but he will need to correct his fundamentals to handle slot coverage in the pros," Zierlein, who believes that Bandy is more effective in zone coverage, wrote in his analysis. Bandy finished the 2019 season with 29 total tackles, eight pass breakups and three sacks.

Yea, we know he “needed the money” but like most that left early, he wasn’t ready. Considering the youth of our secondary and his mediocre Jr year. It wasn’t a smart business decision to leave.

Advertisement
Anyone know what the legality of moving his daughter and girl into his dorm with him? If you are given a free house, idc how broke you are. Plus its easy as **** to steal food from chartwells. He could easily feed his wife and kid off food he picks up from chartwells. So many kids used to wrap up sandwhiches and other dry food in napkins and bring them back to their dorm.

Its not hard to survive for just 1 more year so you can make a couple extra mil.

Anyone know what the legality of moving his daughter and girl into his dorm with him? If you are given a free house, idc how broke you are. Plus its easy as **** to steal food from chartwells. He could easily feed his wife and kid off food he picks up from chartwells. So many kids used to wrap up sandwhiches and other dry food in napkins and bring them back to their dorm.

Its not hard to survive for just 1 more year so you can make a couple extra mil.
The true collegiate experience

The true collegiate experience

Fvck the college experience. If my option is "have a good college experience and end up undrafted" or "live with my girl and kid in the dorm for a year to become a 2nd day draft pick". I am picking option 2 everytime. Tons of kid each year commute to school and work full time jobs. Not getting the "true college experience".

Advertisement

Another solution is for these dudes to stop knocking chicks up before they are capable of providing for the child.

Advertisement

I’m not sure how the housing situation is at UM now but years ago, upper classmen were allowed to live off campus and would get a housing stipend for rent. Some dudes would have a bunch of roommates and have leftover housing money they could spend elsewhere and some dudes lived with their girlfriend and kid. I know Randy changed some of the rules after the Brian Pata incident but I have no idea what the situation is now.

Fvck the college experience. If my option is "have a good college experience and end up undrafted" or "live with my girl and kid in the dorm for a year to become a 2nd day draft pick". I am picking option 2 everytime. Tons of kid each year commute to school and work full time jobs. Not getting the "true college experience".
If he has the same **** year as last year, he still goes on day three. Staying an extra year doesn't automatically bump you up.

Advertisement
Miami CB Trajan Bandy "plays with inconsistent footwork and a level of nonchalance in space" according to NFL.com draft analyst Lance Zierlein.

Bandy (5'9/186) is projected to be a Day 3 draft pick, and while he is certainly capable of making big plays it was the routine ones that got him in trouble at times. Add in struggles in defending the run, and the former Hurricane has some work to do during the pre-draft process. "His recovery burst can cover up for mid-rep mistakes, but he will need to correct his fundamentals to handle slot coverage in the pros," Zierlein, who believes that Bandy is more effective in zone coverage, wrote in his analysis. Bandy finished the 2019 season with 29 total tackles, eight pass breakups and three sacks.

Yea, we know he “needed the money” but like most that left early, he wasn’t ready. Considering the youth of our secondary and his mediocre Jr year. It wasn’t a smart business decision to leave.
Looks about right

Advertisement
I’m shocked he’s not at worst a late first, mid second due to the fact the he spent 3 years with the best DB coach in the country.

Rumph is Such a wonderful coach, majority of his players are day 1/2 picks
You can’t say “Kid should’ve stayed another year because he’d have been drafted higher” in one breath.

and in the next breath say “Rumph sucks because the kid whose leaving early isn’t getting drafted early”.

Either the kid should’ve been a day one pick his junior year and it’s Rumph fault he isnt going higher OR The kid shouldve stayed another year because he just needs time to develop.

Advertisement
Back