Bandy & Dean

Jane usher

Band
Banned
Lmao you guys are worried about Dee being out. Dean & Bandy are straight dogs... They'll play with a point to prove, not worried.

Advertisement
The DC literally said Dean can't tackle for **** and that's why he hasn't been getting any significant burn.

The DC literally said Dean can't tackle for **** and that's why he hasn't been getting any significant burn.

You should google the term "literally", or show me where/when Diaz came out and LITERALLY said he can't tackle for ****.

Advertisement
Okay. Maybe I embellished my paraphrasing a bit. I believe it went a little more like, he was asked about Dean after a practice, why he had yet to see the field, and Diaz responded that his biggest issue was tackling. We have to be able to tackle first. Then he went on to explain how the game has changed with the spread concepts and zone reads putting much greater emphasis on being able to tackle in space.

No matter. They up next. Dean can run and Bandy is a young stud. Our ends should keep the big boys off them and their speed should make a difference. More concerned about DL and LB making stops like they did last year.

Why do YOU think he hasn't been playing? What gave YOU the impression that he isn't physical or that he's soft?

Advertisement

You should google the term "literally", or show me where/when Diaz came out and LITERALLY said he can't tackle for ****.

It was literally a joke. Hyperbole. And it literally backfired.

IdealShamelessDorking-max-1mb.gif

Why do YOU think he hasn't been playing? What gave YOU the impression that he isn't physical or that he's soft?

Only thing I've heard Diaz say about Dean is that he was great when he first got here then took a bit of a stumble as they started teaching him more and giving him more to think about. He said that usually happens with all new guys. He also said that with JUCO guys they usually play best in the second half of their first seasons.

Never heard him say anything derogatory about Dean or his tackling.

Dean plays on kickoff coverage. If he lacked physicality or tackling form he would not be.

I haven't seen Dean tackle but I don't trust an inexperienced corner with a narrow, high-cut frame against GT.

Bandy is ideal for this matchup. Has a lot of Antoine Winfield to him.

Advertisement
I'm not worried about the corners this game, mostly the front seven and I imagine we'll see our safeties creeping up as well. The only way we have an issue is if they string the plays out to the sidelines and Bandy or Dean (heck, even Malek) can't get off of blocks to assist.

Advertisement
Diaz said Michael Jackson was the best tackler of the group at the end of Fall camp.

Malek Young and Michael Jackson will start, Bandy will get a lot of time.

I would personally love to see Michael One Glove starting in Redwine's spot and Bandy opposite Malek, wouldn't surprise me if we see a lot of this too. Get Knowles the f out of here.

Dean is a weak tackler... probably gets ran over a lot in practice which is why he doesn get a lot of reps. Coverage wise he's legit but he needs to become a more c9nfident tackler

Advertisement
Back