Bandy and Garvin

This is so incredibly short-sighted and lazy, but pretty on brand for you given your consistent agenda. Baker Mayfield was a walk-on with no D-1 offers. He won the Heisman and went 1st overall.
And thats why if u look my post and slowly read it without using female emotions i said sometimes. Key word:
Most times....it doesnt mean all

So whos really looking for an agenda? Is it me or you wanting to shoot down my post? Its why i closed it the way i did as well

Advertisement
JT4 and Deejay are 100% gone. Garvin will test well in the combine and will likely be gone. Bandy, I think he comes back. Not much draft value for midget corners with unremarkable speed.

JT4 and Deejay are 100% gone. Garvin will test well in the combine and will likely be gone. Bandy, I think he comes back. Not much draft value for midget corners with unremarkable speed.

Deejay should leave. Has nothing else to gain by staying aside from his degree. Jeff should stay, but he wont.

Everyone should return IMO.

But I think Deejay, JT4 and Garvin are GONE.

Who could declare and it wouldn’t surprise me because we’ve seen worse decisions.......
DONALDSON, Bandy,

Apart from that just looking at our roster a moment ago. I knew we were young. But **** we really lack juniors and seniors in terms of total numbers.

Advertisement
See what makes a five star (most of the time not all) a guy whos coming in can add the weight and still be a freak. It why u see guys ball as youngins then add weight and cant move anymore. We been a victim for that a long time here...this is where evals come in and rankings.

Guys can add that weight but can they still move like they did in HS... and will the D1 speed be too much for them whwn u insert them into college. Most guys bulk and are never the same its why they are 2-3 stars most the time with 4 stars on the border with some guess work.

U recruit a Saquon Barkley add weight and still explosive or a Cook cause u know they can add a bit and still be monsters. The great ST same ****. Some guys can move still cause there legs allow them to and some guys cant. We have had guys have crazy first years then never play like it again. And I think some of it has to do with what i wrote. Im no expert its just a common sense thing....someone with a better understanding of this tell me if im wrong.

This is a great post. Lot of folks miss this. A lot of athletes just can’t carry extra muscle and maintain their quicks/speed. Not sure if that’s the deal here or not, but it’s definitely a thing. I see this happen in high school a lot... a kid is a jitterbug as a Soph and by senior year he is 20 pounds bigger but nowhere near the same caliber player.

This is a great post. Lot of folks miss this. A lot of athletes just can’t carry extra muscle and maintain their quicks/speed. Not sure if that’s the deal here or not, but it’s definitely a thing. I see this happen in high school a lot... a kid is a jitterbug as a Soph and by senior year he is 20 pounds bigger but nowhere near the same caliber player.
**** it affects players period...i know i wasnt as fast when i added weight so i know its a thing. I thought some coaches were good at recognizing if a guy could handle it like saban butch etc

Everyone should return IMO.

But I think Deejay, JT4 and Garvin are GONE.

Who could declare and it wouldn’t surprise me because we’ve seen worse decisions.......
DONALDSON, Bandy,

Apart from that just looking at our roster a moment ago. I knew we were young. But **** we really lack juniors and seniors in terms of total numbers.

DJ and JT are gone. Garvin having no stats this year is going to hurt a lot. He’s looking at 7/UDFA.

I can’t imagine anyone drafting bandy if he leaves right now, so I think he has no choice but to come back. I want to say the same for Donaldson, but he feels like the kind of guy to make that bad decision. Bandy likes the U enough to do another yr

I think Zion's quickness may catch up to his rapid weight gain, but he looks like he's carrying a Buick on his back.

Advertisement
They will be wearing their respective numbers in Orange and Green next year. Now if Greg could declare he would with the season he’s having.

Advertisement
Garvin and Bandy are late 3rd day at best. Garvin would probably fizzle out of the league quickly with his lack of pass rush plan/moves while Bandy would probably have to go PS for a little while before making a roster. Not many teams carry multiple small slot corners so Bandy has to be really good to earn a spot.

Thomas is UDFA for sure with his poor intangibles, seemingly declining athleticism and lack of skill/technique. Coley was a better player at Miami and he's in the XFL now.

NFL is not a developmental league. If you can't contribute to winning right away you go PS or the street. Exception is OL or QB where you might get carried on the inactive list for a season.

Oh, and Dallas absolutely should go pro and I'm betting on him becoming a feature back. Deep RB class but he should go 2nd day.

With today's climate of instant gratification and states passing legislation for college players getting paid after 2020, it would not shock me to see several draft eligible players take their chances latching on somewhere as undrafted free agents. And we don't exactly have a staff with a track record for player development so sticking around another year may not seem worth it.

Perry
Dallas
Thomas
Harley
Irvin
Donaldson
Garvin
Ford
Bandy
Carter
Bolden

Advertisement
Garvin would be insane to leave this year. If Rousseau continues the type of play he’s shown so far, Garvin will go back to being the “other guy” and could feast like he used to. He also needs to realize scouts will be at every single one of Rousseau’s games salivating over him and he will get more looks bc of it

See what makes a five star (most of the time not all) a guy whos coming in can add the weight and still be a freak. It why u see guys ball as youngins then add weight and cant move anymore. We been a victim for that a long time here...this is where evals come in and rankings.

Guys can add that weight but can they still move like they did in HS... and will the D1 speed be too much for them whwn u insert them into college. Most guys bulk and are never the same its why they are 2-3 stars most the time with 4 stars on the border with some guess work.

U recruit a Saquon Barkley add weight and still explosive or a Cook cause u know they can add a bit and still be monsters. The great ST same ****. Some guys can move still cause there legs allow them to and some guys cant. We have had guys have crazy first years then never play like it again. And I think some of it has to do with what i wrote. Im no expert its just a common sense thing....someone with a better understanding of this tell me if im wrong.
This is ridiculous. Maybe you're thinking of guys who've dirty bulked and gotten fat; losing both speed and stamina. Heavy compound lifting is not detrimental to agility or explosiveness. Increasing lower body and core strength are a good thing for a football player.

DeeJay is the only one who should go. Unless he is looking to experience something at the college level (winning, accolades, etc.) he really has no reason to return.

This. And Knowles will find a way to come back.

Speaking of, who is next year’s Knowles? Who is the guy we’ll dread seeing on the field next year? Nelson? Ivey?

Advertisement
Back