Banda to Utah St?

Advertisement
Brought in 3 of the best safety recruits in the country the last 2 years....and about half the posters in this thread are celebrating his potential departure, because of the vague notion that we can bring in somebody better....

...uh huh.

our safeties do nothing, ed reed would be a 7th round pick under him.

good glad, get him the f outta here. Now diaz can clean house on the entire fcking defense without having a second thought, it's a blessing.

and more Manny's style to make any change like this. Especially since the defensive staff are also personal friends.

Exactly. This feels like Manny placing his boy (or boys if Patke goes also) somewhere before the hammer comes down on the rest of the defensive coaches.

ultimately isn't this a good thing? if we want to contend and manny is the coach, he has to be a great CEO.. he is not a great football coach, so he needs to make up for it in his management abilities... the coaches need to be upgraded to take us to the next level.. if manny can't upgrade the coaches and the play on the field and recruiting gets worse then manny won't be working here for more than one more year... so its a win win for me

Advertisement
I would get rid of everyone on D except for the bartender. He is our best recruiter and he has developed our safeties and many are in the league. How many has Rumpted recruited and made it to the league?
Stroud stays....could even argue for Patke to stay with the work he's done with Gil/Smith.

Advertisement
This allows you to hit reset if he leaves. Hire 1 DB coach for both positions like a normal school, fire Baker. Start over. New DC new scheme and Mannny steps into a CEO role. It makes too much sense so it'll never happen.
Maybe Diaz gave Banda a heads up on the heads rolling at end of season?

Banda will give Jake Swalley the DL coach job. I doubt anyone else leaves willingly.

Starting to feel pretty confident that Stroud will be done due to health concerns & Rumph will be fired. I'm skeptical that Baker gets fired. I think we fill our staff with a DB coach and a DL coach and one of them will be "Co-DC" and that still leaves a spot open to do Safeties/CBs or DTs/DEs or bring in true ST coach. Gives us some flexibility.

Advertisement
I seriously don’t understand the Panda slurping. He’s definitely the last coach on D that I would want to lose, but the guy can’t DEVELOP and COACH for SH*T!! Bubba Bolden has regressed this year, Amari Carter (LOL).. Gurvan has been a complete bust, Balom was put in for a play at Clemson and left a guy wide open for a TD but the receiver dropped it. The list can go on. Bad angles all over the place, just terrible coaching.

I look at this as a positive.. perfect time to clean house on D. Let’s see what Manure does. I know it’s not the same, but he made some solid hires on the offensive side, I have a little bit of hope he can maybe do that on D. It really can’t get any worse than this current defensive staff ...... I hope.

Nobody on the d staff is in a position to leverage anything. If and when Manny removes Blake he won’t go the same route with a less experienced guy. I could even see him separating from his scheme if changes are made. Going with a vet.

I posted yesterday I think there’ll be changes , Banda taking another job somewhere like Utah State would tell you a lot. You don’t leave Miami to go there for less money and the same title. Take that as you will.

Manny isn’t Al, he’s got going down being hard headed. There’s enough to bash him but making changes isn’t one. So I’ll wait until there’s no changes before I add another area to bash him in.
He really does need to hire a vet as his DC, that can bring a good staff that will want to come with him.

our safeties do nothing, ed reed would be a 7th round pick under him.

good glad, get him the f outta here. Now diaz can clean house on the entire fcking defense without having a second thought, it's a blessing.

All his prior safeties are in the league. He helped get a converted corner (Redwine) get drafted in the 4th round two seasons ago.

Your post is preposterous.

Advertisement
This would probably be a good thing. Hopefully he takes Patke with him. Then Manny just needs to convince Baker to leave and **** can Rumph and he can rebuild the defensive staff with experienced non loyalists who can both coach and recruit!

I seriously don’t understand the Panda slurping. He’s definitely the last coach on D that I would want to lose, but the guy can’t DEVELOP and COACH for SH*T!! Bubba Bolden has regressed this year, Amari Carter (LOL).. Gurvan has been a complete bust, Balom was put in for a play at Clemson and left a guy wide open for a TD but the receiver dropped it. The list can go on. Bad angles all over the place, just terrible coaching.

I look at this as a positive.. perfect time to clean house on D. Let’s see what Manure does. I know it’s not the same, but he made some solid hires on the offensive side, I have a little bit of hope he can maybe do that on D. It really can’t get any worse than this current defensive staff ...... I hope.

Before this season literally every starting safety he's coached here is still in the NFL. He took Colbert off the scrap heap, converted Redwine from a corner and in two years helped get him drafted in the 4th round.

Basically Banda is gonna go run Utah state for a year and Diaz will get rid of rumph as the fall guy and keep baker, then he’ll can baker next year and bring in an “experienced” Banda as his dc
I thought Temple was our farm system.

Advertisement
Back